Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16 Q&A with Madmole: Volume 13

Alpha 16 Q&A with Madmole: Volume 13

Madmole will answer these questions in a future video.

Rules

1) One question per person. Period. Additional questions will be deleted so ask your best one first if you plan to be a rule breaker.

2) Please do not answer anyone else's question. This is not a discussion thread. Simply ask your question, step to the left, and receive your soup.

3) Keep the questions focused on Alpha 16 or on "behind the scenes" development curiosity. Do not ask about release dates or bug fixes. If you know of bugs report them in the bug report forum.

4) Watch past Q&A videos and read the current thread and do not post duplicate questions. Questions that have been asked and answered will be moved to the already answered thread.

Past Q&A Videos

Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 1 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 2 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 3 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 4 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 5 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 6 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 7 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 8 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 9 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 10 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 11 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 12 Video

And Finally....

Q: When is Alpha 16 going to be released?
    A: When it's done.
    Last edited by Roland; 03-09-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Have Ziplines been any further developed past the initial preview we saw on one of the early A16 videos, and is this still considered to be implemented for the A16 build?

Hunter
    Would it be possible to have "doors" that can be level with surrounding walls, and also be painted? Basically a secret passage door, and you get to paint it the same as surrounding blocks to hide it anywhere.

Will the number/difficulty of sleepers in a POI be affected by game settings? For instance, if we choose to have fewer (or more) zombies in the world by changing the Enemy Spawning game setting, will that alter the number of sleepers in each POI as well?

Is it possible to add a 'hinge' between blocks so we could design our own doors, bridges, traps, etc however large or small we want them? In a related note, what about pulleys, pistons, and gears?
    Last edited by Roland; 03-10-2017 at 07:28 AM.

combining clothes

Could item combining at the workbench get the ability to combine clothes of the same type even if they are of different color - possibly with the outcome of a default color like white or black?
    I would guess in an apocalypse you would be more interested in functionality than color of your clothes^^
    Last edited by Roland; 03-09-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Refugee
    Any chance for radio station/ Walkman you can find with cassette tapes to go with for some music to liven up the apocalypse when playing solo or with friends? Just would help liven it up a bit
    Last edited by Roland; 03-14-2017 at 05:35 AM.

In regards to painting would you consider a texture so that it looks like you've spray painted a cross or circle on a wall or doors, to mark something as looted or dangerous or something in let's say 2 colors (green and orange) that might or might not glow in dark (phosphor)?
    Last edited by Roland; 03-09-2017 at 07:04 AM.

With the possibility of taming wolves or bears possibly in the future, I was wondering if it might be possible to tame/capture zombies. Maybe have them muzzled and on a chain. My Clone (twin sis) and I managed to take all limbs off a crawler. For a brief time we had a pet, we named him and later buried him.

Short video (2:30 minutes) of our Beloved pet Fluffy Cuddlekins
    https://youtu.be/YcNz3FGYbhw
    Last edited by Roland; 03-14-2017 at 05:35 AM.

Tracker
    What's the status on the Dead is Dead mode and Main Menu revamp, and is it still scheduled for A16?

I haven't heard anything about this since the first announcement of A16...
    Last edited by Wulf; 03-13-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Refugee
    Will we be able to hook up doors opening/closing to the electrical system? I'd like to be able to drive over a pressure plate to open the drawbridge/door/etc.

It would be even more awesome if they can be programmed to automatically close after a delay timer.

Refugee

Scarier Zombies

Would it be possible to make spider zombies walk upside down on ceilings? We have crawlers, we are used to worrying at eye height and below. Give us a new scare to deal with and as sleeper maybe they could start out in the corner of a room up by the ceiling.
    Last edited by Roland; 03-14-2017 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Rules are rules. ONE Question (I picked my favorite)

Will we be able to use the paint tool on minibike frames or maybe even the whole bike?

stoked for the sleepers and random gen 2.0

Refugee
    With the upcoming ability to save blueprints (whether in A16 or A17+) will there be any possibility of going back to old save games from previous alphas and saving our previous builds to bring them into our current world or will the feature only be comparable going forward? I realize that the feature is probably not going to make A16 but the reason I ask is that I usually don't keep my save games from old alphas, but need to know if I should this time around to preserve my awesome A15 base for a future build.

Hi big double M, I was wondering, if it's possible for a quest event to spawn a creature? For example could a hunting quest cause the animal you need to hunt to be spawned?

Because while talking with friends we thought it would be awesome to find tracks, get a hunting quest ( no xp, just nice meat) and than go for the animal. But we wondered if a quest could spawn something.
    Last edited by Roland; 03-14-2017 at 05:41 AM.