Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kinyajuu's Bio

Quote Originally Posted by Ezed View Post
    Very cool. I am jelly.

I've always been kind of creative, am into 3D modelling and such but coding intimidates me. I've always been drawn to games that have some sort of player editing feature enabled. Racing games with track builders for example. Thanks to a few really smart people, some editing tools enabled me to make a few tracks for a game called Grand Prix Legends 10 or 12 years ago. That was so much fun!!

Your story is kind of inspiring...but I fear I'm a bit old to learn to code at this point. Still, is cool to see it's possible to catch a break and live the dream.. Congrats!!
    You're never too old to do anything!!!! It may take you a lil' bit longer than some depending on the activity you choose to master but it's never too late to try something new. Now get out there and be somebody

Up North in the snow biome livin' the dream
    Very nice to meet you, Kinyajuu! Sounds like the Pimps are lucky to have you. Look forward to seeing where you, and the Pimps, take the game. Keep up the amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinyajuu View Post
    bio
    hmm, i've seen your name somewhere before an atari? you just aged yourself ^^ good to see ya around (and talking! lol)

Refugee
    Very nice to meet you! I admire your work. I remember playing the monkeys throwing bananas game too but I never modded anything. I would really love to learn how to make mods and how to code; this game seems very welcoming to a DIY approach and I hope to explore that further in the future. Keep up the great job!

Tracker
    in the age of 15 - 18 i learned decent C++ coding, 3D modeling and everything else related to it like unwraping and stuff, pretty good at 2D work and using the W3D engine. for now im able to create almost everything i want but time and inspiration is gone due girlfriend and job and probably by getting older but nice bio Kinya!

for those who wanna learn modding, if youre in school and having enough freetime you can almost learn everything! but for peoples with girlfriends or job will get a hard time lol i would stick to one modding way instead learning everything ^^

Scavenger
    "7dtd is a labor of love,".
    I feel it in every part of the game. That's what made me a fan.

Ranger
    I have taken classes and have also learned on my own a bit. After about 2 years I have learned html and javascript as client side scripting languages for web as well as Microsoft's visual basic through classes and on my own I have learned a bit of Java and am really interested in learning C++ and plan to go to a collage for game design. (lots of math requirements), I tell you what, programming is really become a passion of mine, first I had tried 3D modeling but never really held onto the interest, now that I have found coding its almost had to stop working on a project especially if I am passionate about it, in particular games! Now I am 16 years old and have scored a job developing a website/app for the owner of an insurance company and I have won awards in my programming class. If you are interested in programming just stick to it and follow the logic and you will go places you could never imagine. 7DTD is awesome and I can wait for the modding community to take off, nice work pimps!

+1

Great bio. Glad you made your way into 7DtD! All us fans have benefited immensely.

Refugee
    Right on!

Enjoyed your bio Thanks for sharing.

Great bio. One thing you forgot to mention about the dreams come true (in general) is, that you also need talent (which you obviously do). ;-)

I'm very glad I wondered to this abandoned part of the forums out of boredom. :-D

Very Nice Bio. I think the proof of your passion shows in 7DTD . This game always had something special about it and I have been playing games since Pong(41 yrs old) lol.Played 7DTD since A5. Nearly 1000hrs in and look forward to every new update. Your team proves what Early Access on steam should be about.Even being a smaller team I notice when sales are down the steam player stats are always at least in the top 20 games played.I expect the A13 to bump that up again(hopefully along with sales).Your building a hardcore fan base.I like the fact your patience seems to pay off and if customers are patient, I believe 7DTD will continue to pay off for them as well. Can't wait for Alpha 13. Keep up the great work. A12 had issues with my system but hoping to dive hard into it again soon. I can see the utility bill go up from running a server 24/7 again lol. Oh well ,it will keep us warm on the cold winter nights in Maine .Thanks Fun Pimps

Ahhh the Atari 2600 (I'm getting Misty Eyed now). Bring back fake wood veneer for the next PlayStation !!

Anyhoo before I get all nostalgic (honestly I miss the days before nostalgia) I have a serious request to make of the Dev team. I have tried your business email contact and Twitter but I am not sure how often they are monitored.

I run a small Fan site called `Stories from the Apocalypse` which is a real labor of love. I really enjoy designing and tweaking the different elements. I also like drawing tattoo designs and have done alot of work on IMVU designing avatar clothing.

I would really love to do a Q&A style interview with the team which I could include on my site. I was thinking maybe half a dozen questions via email which hopefully you could all give answers to. I would then transcribe and include it under a new section. Something along the lines of `Pimp Talking` as opposed to `Jive Talking`... I think I am showing my age, now I can't get the Bee Gees out of my head..

Anyway I would appreciate if you could give this some consideration and let me know at your convenience.

Take care and mind the Zeds

Monkeydude40/MonkeyEmperor/or just plain old John

Webmaster `Stories from the Apocalypse`http://john-rhys32.wix.com/7daystodie

Seems like a good place to ask this:

To: Kinyajuu/ Prime/ and all the rest that work on the RG terrain..

Q: Are we going to get more control in placing biomes in the future again? or do you have some slick new system that will blow us away (like usual )?

Survivor
    Also seems like a good place to ask:

Any chance we could ever get our grubby little hands on that seed map generator we saw a sneak peek of on Joel's blog a few months back?

Looks like a fun tinkering toy to get set up for Alpha 14!