Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Movement stutter / frame lag while at 60+fps

Quote Originally Posted by Wii5 View Post
    A year later, Alpha 17 is on its way (new engine update) and still there are the same damn problems! G-Sync is still not working properly and the stuttering hasn't disappeared! WTF!
    Actually, it's been 3 1/2 years, if you look at the first post. This has been going on since the new engine back in Alpha 11.

Alpha 10.4 has been my favorite version of the game and I don't think it'll ever change.
    Last edited by Fox; 11-21-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Actually, it's been 3 1/2 years, if you look at the first post. This has been going on since the new engine back in Alpha 11.

Alpha 10.4 has been my favorite version of the game and I don't think it'll ever change.
    Fox, in your opinion has the micro stutter become worse than it was when originally reported a few year back? For me the A16 micro stutter was barely there and didn't bother me too much, but with A17e, I can't play for more than half an hour before I feel like throwing up.

Quote Originally Posted by hotpoon View Post
    Fox, in your opinion has the micro stutter become worse than it was when originally reported a few year back? For me the A16 micro stutter was barely there and didn't bother me too much, but with A17e, I can't play for more than half an hour before I feel like throwing up.
    Well, with every new major version of the game brings less optimization, so it does make the stutter issues less subtle. Unstable frame time is one of the big ones for this game, so even though your frame rate looks ok or good, it's a very inaccurate way to see how stable and smooth the gameplay is as it only shows the amount of frames per second but not the time between each frame, which means you could see 60 frames really quickly within a second but there's a half second pause during that time. I might look into finding a way to see how bad the frame time really is with every version that releases.

And yes, stutter issues did get better over the years (though never completely gone), but with A17 given how demanding on hardware it is and how it isn't at all optimized, it doesn't surprise me that stutter issues would become more noticeable again.
    Last edited by Fox; 12-27-2018 at 01:34 AM.

Refugee

Angry A17 is completely unplayable.

System: Kernel: 4.15.0-43-generic x86_64 (64 bit)
    Desktop: Unity 7.4.5 Distro: Ubuntu 16.04 xenial
    Machine: Mobo: ASUSTeK model: X99-E
    CPU: Hexa core Intel Core i7-5820K (-HT-MCP-) cache: 15360 KB
    clock speeds: max: 4000 MHz
    Graphics: Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Hawaii PRO [Radeon R9 390]
    Display Server: X.Org 1.19.6 drivers: ati,radeon (unloaded: fbdev,vesa)
    Resolution: [email protected], [email protected]
    GLX Renderer: AMD HAWAII (DRM 2.50.0, 4.15.0-43-generic, LLVM 7.0.1)
    GLX Version: 4.5 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 19.0.0-devel (git-fc0139d 2018-12-02 xenial-oibaf-ppa)
    Audio: Card-1 Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Hawaii HDMI Audio [Radeon R9 290/290X / 390/390X]
    driver: snd_hda_intel
    Card-2 Intel C610/X99 series HD Audio Controller
    driver: snd_hda_intel
    Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.15.0-43-generic
    Network: Card-1: Intel Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V driver: e1000e
    IF: eno1 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full
    Drives: HDD Total Size: 1740.4GB (21.9% used)
    ID-1: /dev/nvme0n1 model: MZ-V7E500BW size: 500.1GB (boot)
    ID-2: /dev/sda model: KINGSTON_SA400S3 size: 240.1GB (cache)
    (ZFS RAID):
    ID-3: /dev/sdb model: ST500LX025 size: 500.1GB
    ID-4: /dev/sdc model: ST500LX025 size: 500.1GB
    ID-5: /dev/sdd model: ST500LX025 size: 500.1GB
    Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 31.0C mobo: N/A gpu: 57.0
    Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: 0 (water cooled)
    Info: Processes: 453 Uptime: 1:43 Memory: 7829.1/64334.8MB
    I have dropped from 45-60 FPS on medium - high settings down to 10-15 FPS with the absolute lowest settings. Movement lags, I can spend 10+ seconds spinning in a circle because the mouse works but the keyboard seems to have locked up. I just want to loot a bird nest but I can't until I stop walking forward.

I have completely removed the game and all its folders then reinstalled. Same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshae View Post
    I have dropped from 45-60 FPS on medium - high settings down to 10-15 FPS with the absolute lowest settings. Movement lags, I can spend 10+ seconds spinning in a circle because the mouse works but the keyboard seems to have locked up. I just want to loot a bird nest but I can't until I stop walking forward.

I have completely removed the game and all its folders then reinstalled. Same problem.
    Has nothing at all to do with this topic.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenshae View Post

This is the same issue I am having, but is not related to this topic, perhaps this should be moved to the thread I started https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...ith-control-UI

Refugee
    Still a problem in A18. Not as bad as A17, we avoided this version because of how stuttery it was. A16 was much much smoother.

FYI, Although new to the forums I've been a long time reader of these forums. The forums have been very informative with plenty of suggestions etc which have all been done and tried to no evail. The gfx card is an nVidia, not an ATI that currently seems to have some known issues with graphics in A18 Experimental.