Thread: Server Keeps Resetting to Day 1?

Server Keeps Resetting to Day 1?

A friend of mine rents a server for a bunch of us to play on and for some reason it will randomly reset the calendar to Day 1 which makes for a really boring game.

First time we were on Day 22 and this last time we were on Day 35 I believe.

Any ideas what could cause this to happen?

I've found that turning on and off servers resets the day count.

That will probably be your cause.
    Get your friend to investigate further.

'reset' randomly, or after shutdown?
    Does your mate possess the system, or is it hosted by a provider?

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by CoitusMysterioso View Post
    A friend of mine rents a server for a bunch of us to play on and for some reason it will randomly reset the calendar to Day 1 which makes for a really boring game.

I have also been having this issue. I rent an 8 player server from gameservers for myself and 5 friends to play. The first time this happened we were on day 53 and it randomly reset to day 48. Then made it to day 51 and it reset to day 48 again. It kept doing this for awhile so we decided to wipe the server and start fresh. Now when we get to day 8, it keeps resetting to day 1. I have not messed with any of the server config files, turned the server on and off or reset it since. I have restarted it a few time but that does not seem to do anything. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Bane1.0 View Post
    I rent an 8 player server from gameservers
    Have you placed a ticket or talked to their support?

Refugee
    I have not put in a ticket or talked to support yet. I am not sure if this is an issue with the game or the server.

Hunter
    be sure to use the "shutdown" command in the console before actually restarting the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane1.0 View Post
    I have not put in a ticket or talked to support yet. I am not sure if this is an issue with the game or the server.
    Pretty sure its a server issue

Reconstructionist
    Yes, this is due to improper restarting/shutting down or crashing of the server. You have to shut it down in such a way that the game saves (or an admin can go into the console in game and type saveworld (or is it savegame... one of the two) to save it. Then they can shut it down or restart it the way they normally do. There should be an option somewhere in the site for the server's Admin Console to shut down, and this shut down usually saves first. If you cannot figure it out, just have someone with admin privileges save using the in game console regularly. This will prevent you from losing more than a little bit of time.

I’m not sure which provider he rents from so I will have him pop on and post the info. I do know that he doesn't do anything to the server unless an update is required. One of us will just login to play and the day counter will be reset to 1 so I am assuming the server crashed and restarted.

I guess the best bet would be for him to contact support from whatever vendor he is using.

Quote Originally Posted by CoitusMysterioso View Post

Go into your saved game folder, locate the file called "main.ttw", Rename this file to "main_backup.ttw", Restart your server and see if this helps you. Helped me in the past with the same issue so should help you as well.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordicon View Post
    Go into your saved game folder, locate the file called "main.ttw", Rename this file to "main_backup.ttw", Restart your server and see if this helps you. Helped me in the past with the same issue so should help you as well.

Great tip! This worked for me

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Numberz View Post
    Great tip! This worked for me
    Thanks for the tip. I run the server manager 8.4 from home on a server. I love this server manager, and I do need to restart the server, keep the game running fresh. But every time I restart the server I find the days have reset to day one. Going to see if your tip has worked. I'll get back to you again. Thanks again.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    dear lord. It's a double-necro.

Time to kill the dead thread.