Page 241 of 242 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242 LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 3616

Thread: Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Refugee
    Nevermind, figured out what I was doing wrong.

-Not installing cp 38 first like the instructions clearly stated (doh!)
    -Using 17.3 and downloading mods from the launcher was installing mixed versions not compatible with 17.3, including D2D's.

awesome, im sorry i didnt see your post last night, but im glad you got it firgured out

Refugee
    For a dedicated server the clients only need to install Epiccity4k and the prefabs from compopack 39?

is that correct.

thanks

yes, at the time of creation CP was v38, should work though, sorry been busy and havent updated to match

Any update for 17.4?

Quote Originally Posted by ajlam05 View Post
    Any update for 17.4?
    u can still use the current CP-version (CP38) for 17.4 (i guess)

there wasn't any important game-changes that belongs to the worldgeneration that much (related to the updatenews 17.3 / 17.4)

anyway - world will look strange (some people even would aweful), if with- or without CP - so its no matter IMO

enjoy summer - have fun

Refugee
    I'll be the first to admit I am utterly lost installing this. I've played on servers with Comp-Pack installed when I was playing a16, and thought there were some brilliant POI's in there. But I did not install any mods myself before a17 and the modlet system. The "modlet" method isn't bad and I have installed some nice "quality of life" mods like the 30K stacks and pick up everything mods so that gathering resources is not such a chore and the game has worked fine.

The directions I followed for Compo-Pack (or at least thought I followed) totally borked my a17 game.

As in the first time I tried the game started and did an immediate CTD... didn't even get to the main load screen. I tried again, replaced the rwgmixer.xml file, and the game didn't crash. I got to the start screen, started a new world, but it never started the new map. I pressed F1 for the dev console and all I got for roughly 15 minutes was an apparently endless loop of red error lines before I gave up and ended the start process. Uninstalled what I had, put the old rwgmixerl.xml file back, and the game fired up fine.

So obviously I'm missing _something_ in the process.

I can't find a decent "How-to" guide for installing 7D2D mods. Can anyone point me to a decent tutorial, or give me step-by-step install instruction in "stupid user english", not "dev-l33t-speak", for Compo-Pack?

Thanks!

Refugee
    A17.4
    CP38 + unofficial 17.3

My random Gen is missing vanilla prefabs. The files are in the prefab folder but they are not generating onto the map. The towns and cities had lots of roads and empty spaces, few prefabs. I had to quadruple the max numbers of all the prefabs to get it to fill most of the empty spaces. Even so, It appears many of the prefabs just aren't showing up. Hard to say exactly which ones are missing without going through the entire area and matching out the ones that exist. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Geoff View Post
    I'll be the first to admit I am utterly lost installing this. I've played on servers with Comp-Pack installed when I was playing a16, and thought there were some brilliant POI's in there. But I did not install any mods myself before a17 and the modlet system. The "modlet" method isn't bad and I have installed some nice "quality of life" mods like the 30K stacks and pick up everything mods so that gathering resources is not such a chore and the game has worked fine.

The directions I followed for Compo-Pack (or at least thought I followed) totally borked my a17 game.

As in the first time I tried the game started and did an immediate CTD... didn't even get to the main load screen. I tried again, replaced the rwgmixer.xml file, and the game didn't crash. I got to the start screen, started a new world, but it never started the new map. I pressed F1 for the dev console and all I got for roughly 15 minutes was an apparently endless loop of red error lines before I gave up and ended the start process. Uninstalled what I had, put the old rwgmixerl.xml file back, and the game fired up fine.

So obviously I'm missing _something_ in the process.

I can't find a decent "How-to" guide for installing 7D2D mods. Can anyone point me to a decent tutorial, or give me step-by-step install instruction in "stupid user english", not "dev-l33t-speak", for Compo-Pack?

Thanks!
    Install-Instructions COMPOPACK_38(for_alpha17.4) :
    (from the COMPOPACK38 download pack )

Copy all FILES from the COMPOPACK's Prefabs-folder to your Gamefolder.../Data/Prefabs/ (CTRL+A then CTRL+C)
    IMPORTANT: Please copy/paste just the files in the folder !!! DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THE WHOLE PREFAB-FOLDER ITSELF !!! This will overwrite existing files in the game-Prefabs-folder.

Exchange the rwgmixer.xml from the PACK with yours in your Gamefolder.../Data/Config/ -folder !!!
    (This means overwrite the existing rwgmixer.xml !!!)

Thats all !!!

If u now start a new RGW-Game u will have plenty of new buildings everywhere.

PRESS PLAY TO SURVIVE !!!!!!!

IMPORTANT RECOMMENDATION:

I recommend to quit and restart the whole GAME - before u generate a new Seed (=world - =savegame)
    I believe the engine remembers parts of the previous loaded savegame - and is affected by it
    So every following seed will probably not spawn a good and clean world - like it would do when freshly started !!!

In one word:
    Start the Game new before U start another Seed !!!

Refugee
    Does this mean that now you have to copy the prefabs in the 7dtd 17.4 client too or only server?
    I have copied everything to the server folder. When executing a client and accessing the server, errors are missing from all prefabs.
    Example: xcostum_xxxxxxxxxxxx "failed: Block name to ID mapping file missing.
    The same in 800 prefab files.
    Obviously, in the cities they are filled with gaps where buildings are missing. I really don't know what I've done wrong.
    I was absent since 16.4 and wanted to retake my servers again. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenstein10 View Post
    Does this mean that now you have to copy the prefabs in the 7dtd 17.4 client too or only server?
    I have copied everything to the server folder. When executing a client and accessing the server, errors are missing from all prefabs.
    Example: xcostum_xxxxxxxxxxxx "failed: Block name to ID mapping file missing.
    The same in 800 prefab files.
    Obviously, in the cities they are filled with gaps where buildings are missing. I really don't know what I've done wrong.
    I was absent since 16.4 and wanted to retake my servers again. :S
    Yes, clients need all prefab files now. Hopefully that changes in future.

I keep seeing people saying that, but my server uses CompoPack and none of us install the prefabs on our client. Everything works fine. I don't know why it works on my server and not for other people.

Quote Originally Posted by dhlmaster View Post
    I keep seeing people saying that, but my server uses CompoPack and none of us install the prefabs on our client. Everything works fine. I don't know why it works on my server and not for other people.
    To be honest I havent tested this myself but also heard many people say this.

My experience has been that if you hit F1 to bring up the console, you will see error messages, but it doesn't appear to affect gameplay. All the POIs seem to be there

Refugee
    I am loaded with many new POIs but ... half the map is empty and I have tried 6 seeds
    city_with_CM39_same_CM38.jpg