Page 263 of 266 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 3978

Thread: Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Magoli View Post
    thats a good idea^^
    (I should have doublechecked it - that was my fault)

to your first question:
    the lowest negative yoffset for cities,towns,farms,alone is -35

because bedrock is 3 Layers thick and starts at 0 - so it goes from 0 to 3
    the common Level where towns spawn is about 36-40 above 0
    so u can go 35 blocks deep with ur POI's (1 block stays for safetyreason)

when the prefab is deeper just assign it to Mountain in Nitrogen-prefablist
    for rwg its almost impossible to implement
    I meant for the ingame random world generator. But thanks, I didn't know that Nitrogen also has limitations.

I use Nitrogen and I need a bit of a hand , I cant seem to get both compopack and the vanillas at same time , plus Im not even sure its getting the full compopack Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by AmethystLainey View Post
    I use Nitrogen and I need a bit of a hand , I cant seem to get both compopack and the vanillas at same time , plus Im not even sure its getting the full compopack Any advice?
    COMPOPACK has all vanilla-prefabs included when installed (and used) right

so where u stuck ?
    where u got problems ?

Quote Originally Posted by Magoli View Post
    COMPOPACK has all vanilla-prefabs included when installed (and used) right

so where u stuck ?
    where u got problems ?
    I read somewhere this evening on the forum there have been some issues with Nitrogen since the recent patch. I've not tested it since before that so might be an individual experience for that person. Just something to be aware of. Guess I will go check it and see. It's worked flawlessly up til now at least.

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Drifter View Post
    I read somewhere this evening on the forum there have been some issues with Nitrogen since the recent patch. I've not tested it since before that so might be an individual experience for that person. Just something to be aware of. Guess I will go check it and see. It's worked flawlessly up til now at least.
    Any player.log reports cosole errors. Whats it doing no one can help if you dont give all info lol.

Quote Originally Posted by stallionsden View Post
    Any player.log reports cosole errors. Whats it doing no one can help if you dont give all info lol.
    Stallion, I’m not having any issue whatsoever. Just responding to the post. I read in the Nitrogen thread there might be an issue but have not tested creating anything new.

Think I’ll test a map after I have my morning coffee to see if anything has changed.

Im trying a 4k map with nitrogen using compopack right now and my nitro settings are all mega and lots and what not and Im running compo43 the map part works fine its when I place the campfire. Meaning when I look at the list it shows that it should generate and gives the cords. But once I get in game I get the error once getting to the trader part. Seems like nothing is really spawning in. Is there a way to do this with Nitrogen while keeping your vanilla game pure. Although if I merge it or keep it pure same issue. I need major help. I can follow the directions and nothing is wrong in the map creations. its something connected to the trader.

Edit, Lowered it to the option below Mega and still the error persists and the Traders are seen in the prefablist of the map so not sure whats happening.

Edit - I don't know if this has an impact either but I created an instance of the game to keep vanilla pure.

Edit - Combined in the vanilla game or not not seeing a difference.

Im trying a 4k map with nitrogen using compopack right now and my nitro settings are all mega and lots and what not and Im running compo43 the map part works fine its when I place the campfire. Meaning when I look at the list it shows that it should generate and gives the cords. But once I get in game I get the error once getting to the trader part. Seems like nothing is really spawning in. Is there a way to do this with Nitrogen while keeping your vanilla game pure. Although if I merge it or keep it pure same issue. I need major help. I can follow the directions and nothing is wrong in the map creations. its something connected to the trader.

Edit, Lowered it to the option below Mega and still the error persists and the Traders are seen in the prefablist of the map so not sure whats happening.

Edit - I don't know if this has an impact either but I created an instance of the game to keep vanilla pure.

Edit - Combined in the vanilla game or not not seeing a difference.
    I ran a 10 k map today and it runs fine with the compopack. I went through the trader and completed it without issue but I did not create the map with “mega” anything. Most settings are mid or slightly over default. What’s your memory usage during play?

Not sure but I don't have problem until I try compopack
    and I would really love to keep compo separate to keep my vanilla game pure

Not sure but I don't have problem until I try compopack
    and I would really love to keep compo separate to keep my vanilla game pure
    COMPOPACK does not corrupt the default prefabfiles and also CP has no impact on any existing gamesave !!!
    (when u just use Nitrogen for generating maps u wouldn't even have to change the rwgmixer.xml)
    So all stays vanilla until u play on a Nitrogenmap generated with the COMPOPACK-prefablist_for_Nitrogen

In the Nitrogen-tool there is no option for COMPOPACK43 available
    And because Damocles has freezed down the development atm, I decided to always use the vanilla-setting, which means when generating a map Nitrogen searches the file "prefablist.txt" instead of any other file (e.g. prefablist_CompoPack_39) !!!
    Thats all !!! Its just called "vanilla" even if its not the default Nitrogen-prefablist !!!

to the traderproblem:

I cant imagine what u mean with "empty inside" - a screenshot or vid would be awesome
    Is there any msg in the console about it? - If u could upload the output.log that would help much

do u encounter the same trader-Issue when u start a new game with the COMPOPACK43-Examplemap (included in CP43-dl-folder) ???

Is this Issue is still here when u use the configUI from the CP43-dl-folder ???

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbain5 View Post
    your welcome, if I come across more, I will vid them. better info than pics, thanks for the great work

also bavarianbowseshop

where is the quest marker?
    Its not there where it should be - thats a fact

thx for the headsup mate - I will fix it in the next update (which will come soon - it will be mainly a hotfix-update-version i guess)

You edit the txt file in nigirgen to use combopack 43. Thats what i did and made a 10k map with 43, works without issue. also ussing several modlets with no issues.

My issue is the buildings don't seem to be generating , which causes an error when I get to the trader part of the quest..
    The funny issue though is the prefabs.xml in the map folder shows what & where yet nothing marks

Edit- Is there a way that isn't copying the files into the vanilla list because I wanna be able to have both Vanilla maps and CP maps Can someone give me any advice on how to achieve this
    Last edited by AmethystLainey; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:33 PM.

go to you nitrogen resources folder and open the configprefablist.txt edit like so,

//listing of prefabslists
    //lists must be present in the resources folder
    //filename ; description

prefablist.txt; Vanilla (default)
    prefablist_CompoPack42_b5.txt; Compo Pack 42
    prefablist_Combopack_43.txt; Compo Pack 43 This is the edited line. Just add any combo pack or prefablist you want to this list like this line.

ensure you add the Combopack_43.txt to this directory as well. the file above with the edit txt line tells nitrogen where to load the prefablist from. So the prefablist you get in the conmbo pack will be copied to the resources directory in nitrogen, then edit the last line like shown.
    Run nitrogen and you will see the option for combo43. I renamed mine to make it shorter. So if you copy the prefablist from the combo pack make sure when you add the line in the configprefab txt you write it exactly as the combo pack prefablist is named.

I follow all that
    my issue is like I said above nothing is spawning in