Page 1 of 190 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Ahoi hoi Survivalists

Here is COMPOPACK version 29 - for ALPHA16.3 !!!
    (also for 16.0 , 16.1 , 16.2)

It's a collection of about 200 Custom-Prefabs made by the members of this forum.

At first here is the promised surprise: Asiatown is back !!!

This update mostly belongs to:
    -blockrepairs of some prefabs i have missed
    -some tweaks on some Prefabs (added or removed some blocks)
    -some xml-tweaks (esp on prefab-rotations)
    -some bugfixes (meshes)
    -some brandnew prefabs (mostly from Guppycur and Jackelmyer) - thx for spending them to the comunity)
    -reduced the maximum world-height from 188 to 182
    -added the new streetgen-algorythm (vanilla)
    -added a new towntype: Asiatown (14 exclusive Asian POI's)

The rwgmixer-structure is quite the same as before in CP28 (Vanilla-System).

read the updatepost for detailed stuff and Changelog

As always the COMPOPACK is 100% EAC-friendly !!!

Current version is: COMPOPACK_29(for_alpha16.3)

HERE u can download COMPOPACK_29(for_alpha16.3)
    (Install-Instructions and the current Releasenotes are in the Download-file (.zip) )

HERE u can download the Screenshots of the containing Prefabs :
    (last screenshot-update: 2016-sep-29)

Here are some impressions (from A16.3):
    20170904012159_1.jpg 20170910031520_1.jpg

20170910031216_1.jpg 20170907221712_1.jpg

20170904013213_1.jpg

KNOWN ISSUES IN DETAIL:
    some paintings are missing on some roof-gables

Wishes or constructive critic is welcome.
    If u see any errors or strangers please report it here !!! (with picture when possible !)

Sidenote:
    Some creations are look like a littlebit curious (especially the furnish and deco or displaced looking blocks)
    this is no Issue for me - these blocks i haven't changed !!! (i wanna keep the artistic freedom of the creator !!! ) . IMO its these little things - that makes the world living (this and the zeds OFC )

Here are some previous CP-Releases:

COMPOPACK_28_for_alpha16.2

COMPOPACK_27_for_alpha16.2

COMPOPACK_26_for_alpha16.0_also_16.1

COMPOPACK_25 for_alpha16experimental

COMPOPACK_24_for_alpha15stable-b105

COMPOPACK_22_for_alpha14.7

Special-thx to:
    Hal9000 - Randor9 - RedMunich - bigc90210 - thugsta - acidchaulk - JayzenFreeze - LT. - elitelex - Stallionsden - StompyNZ - Slaan - LuckyStar - NODABBA - Pille - LazMan - Guppycur
    and OFC all the Prefabbers and Modders out there, who spend their work to the community !!!

OK - thats all guys

have fun
    Mag
    Last edited by Magoli; 09-10-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Thanks for your great work.

Tracker
    Nice! Will have a look now!
    Got a few more blocks, just deciding what clutter to put out back for diversity, yards, garages etc. will let you know when I'm done with these and send them over before moving on, tenament blocks next I think!-)

ps to all, when you click the download button it may ask you to make a new dropbox account, just hit the X to close it and click download again to grab it without the need for an account.

Scavenger
    One of the most wanted mod... Huge work... Far far better than vanilla... Again, really thank you for that..!

Quote Originally Posted by berticus0001 View Post
    Nice! Will have a look now!

ps to all, when you click the download button it may ask you to make a new dropbox account, just hit the X to close it and click download again to grab it without the need for an account.

Yes - thats true !!! Thx for the info.
    Didn't mentioned this yet (because iam never logged out)

Is this new on dropbox ??? Looks like they wanna catch new people very aggressively !!!

Anyway:

Like berticus0001 said: Just close the first signin-window - then the DL-window appears !!!

Mag out

Scavenger
    There is a gremlin inside... Look what I've got when testing :

Attachment 8702

Was walkin around, close a POI in forest biome... After that, map broken...

Edit : Could be an issue from my modded rwgmixer as far as I know... Will test it with default...

Last edited by Bullrott; 05-18-2015 at 03:32 PM.

Tracker
    @Bullrott, invalid attachment.

So, quick flight over a few cities to check things out, here's how things went.
    First had to change my new ones to maxperhub=1 as pretty much nothing but those spawned, then had to do the same to the vacant lots, lots & lots of vacant lots! lol
    First water plant I came across colapsed immediatly, possibly 'cos I was sprint-flying and the game didn't have enough time/processing power to build it and everything else in that chunk, second one found stayed up so will have to check in a real game at foot speeds to verify.
    Other than that they all seemed to spawn fine!
    It should be noted though that this is built for a vanilla city, and even then there are only enough prefabs for 20 city blocks (if you add the maxper to the lots), so the city has to be no larger than 5x4 (or 4x5) blocks max (vanilla is 6x6 I think so you'll end up with some blocks having no buildings at all).
    If, like me, you have your city modded to be larger you're going to have to go through the xml's by hand and remove the maxperhub from those you want to see spawn multiple times, probably the appartment blocks and other abodes most likely.
    And, just for me, I don't suppose you know off hand which prefabs use the smoke blocks Mag? For my intact city it's waaaay too thick.

Scavenger

But as I said, could be a rwgmixer failure on my part... Will try with default now...

Tracker
    Just had it as well as soon as I spawned in to a new game, thread exeption generate_chunk or whatever, empty string is invalid.

Scavenger
    Just checked the issue with a default rwgmixer... Sounds like it works... There is many problems with modded prefab... Some of them collapsed like :

And some spawn on roads like :

Still lots of work for makin it works perfectly... But ATM the RWG is far better than the vanilla's one...

Scavenger
    Well, I have to say that your mod is a good start Magoli...! Seems we can make it better :

Variety is far better than vanilla, BUT we can adjust some things for make it better than this... IMO, rwgmixer have to be modded for fit your mod perfectly... AND we can adjust spawning location of prefabs, some of them atm breakin' immersion... It's a little bit annoying when buildings with grass spawn in wasteland... Or when you have wood factory spawning outside snow & forest biome... As well, funeral parlor in wilderness...

Banned
    I was going to add this to my server but it seems like some tweaking of the rwgmixer is in order. Hurry up guys!

LOL JK

Thanks to everyone working on this. It's MUCH appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullrott View Post

But as I said, could be a rwgmixer failure on my part... Will try with default now...
    Yes - its definitely a rwg-mixer Issue (I had this one too) !!!

And yes - the LumberMill looks displaced in the most biomes (I will change that in the next release)

To the misspawned TWDprison: This is something the devs have to take care about !! - not me !!!

@all:
    If any prefab has the wrong walking-ground - pls make a screenshot of it - and post it here !!!

Changing the rwgmixer.xml entries is a tricky part. (IMO this needs a own Thread !!!)

@berticus0001:
    u shouldn't change the .xml's for all the *lot* stuff !!!
    This is always the pre-underground for prefabs or a placeholder, when the game don't find a prefab that fit's the situation.

In the PACK i let all entries about ..Lot... untouched !!!

Mag out

cool buildings. I loaded to myself on the server

Tracker
    Yeah, I see what you mean about using the lots as filler but I think the main problem is the way the randomizer lays out the city, it seems to fill from south west to north west then repeat meaning the west of a city is always filled with the 1-per-hub buildings and the east is filled with the multi-per-hub stuff, so for a 6x6 city (vanilla max) you end up with a city like this¬
    6x6City.jpg
    What we need is more types to use a fillers so removing the max-per on the others doesn't end up with loads of shotgun messiah's all over the shop.