Page 189 of 190 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190 LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 2843

Thread: Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Sorry if it was asked already or not, but is there a way to make this pack compatible with distant terrain?

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Subquake View Post
    Sorry if it was asked already or not, but is there a way to make this pack compatible with distant terrain?
    Umm distant terrain works for me with the cp . Whats the issue. You mean seeing buildings far away yeh

Quote Originally Posted by stallionsden View Post
    Umm distant terrain works for me with the cp . Whats the issue. You mean seeing buildings far away yeh
    Strange, but i didn't see them when I tested the pack on my local server. Buildings only appeared within the rendering distance, but no LODs of the prefabs outside of the rendering distance, only the default prefab LODs were present.

Scavenger
    Distant terrain works for me very well with this CP. But! I have another issue: I'd destroyed a prefab, but when I walk away and turn around, I see it on its place. I walk to it, and prefab dissappear to the rumbles.

Sorry for bad english

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Subquake View Post
    Strange, but i didn't see them when I tested the pack on my local server. Buildings only appeared within the rendering distance, but no LODs of the prefabs outside of the rendering distance, only the default prefab LODs were present.
    Did you start a new world or add the pack to an existing one? Afaik the distant terrain is only generated at the beginning, so adding it afterwards may be the culprit?

Quote Originally Posted by InsKill View Post
    Distant terrain works for me very well with this CP. But! I have another issue: I'd destroyed a prefab, but when I walk away and turn around, I see it on its place. I walk to it, and prefab dissappear to the rumbles.

Sorry for bad english
    Unfortunately the distant meshes don't update dynamically, so that's how it works for now - it's not a compo pack issue, but also happens with vanilla POIs.

Quote Originally Posted by owl79 View Post
    Did you start a new world or add the pack to an existing one? Afaik the distant terrain is only generated at the beginning, so adding it afterwards may be the culprit?
    It was a fresh map. I changed the seed just to test out this pack of prefabs, it did all the generation before i could join the server. Other than that, the prefabs seem to be ok, it's just the annoyance of not being able to see them afar.
    Last edited by Subquake; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:17 PM.

We are trying to run a server with the pack installed. What we want to do is keep the entire West half of the map constant, while occasionally deleting all the region files from the East side. When we delete the files, we stop the server, wait one minute, delete both rg files and the corresponding hcd files, wait a minute, and restart the server. While the terrain regenerates properly, player-placed blocks remain. Is there something about the the pack that would be causing this? This works on a pure vanilla world, and the only thing we have added is the pack. Any thoughts?

Disregard. It seems there was an issue with the world. Stopped the server, wiped it, reloaded the server and mod, renamed the old world save, restarted the server and everything was fine from there.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightDesigner View Post
    We are trying to run a server with the pack installed. What we want to do is keep the entire West half of the map constant, while occasionally deleting all the region files from the East side. When we delete the files, we stop the server, wait one minute, delete both rg files and the corresponding hcd files, wait a minute, and restart the server. While the terrain regenerates properly, player-placed blocks remain. Is there something about the the pack that would be causing this? This works on a pure vanilla world, and the only thing we have added is the pack. Any thoughts?
    That is an amazing idea. Interesting way of balancing having new stuff without losing players bases.

Survivor
    Anyone know why the NEPA building disappears ( ie you can see it from a distance but whe you appraoch it vanishes ) in some towns but not others ?

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly View Post
    Anyone know why the NEPA building disappears ( ie you can see it from a distance but when you appraoch it vanishes ) in some towns but not others ?
    happens with alot of the prefabs not just the nepa lol. unfort i think it could be a game bug to do with the socket system maybe i could be wrong tho

if you get distant poi, then it's in the hcd file. if it disappears on closeup, then it's not actually spawned. Could be hitting the height limit or some other thing stopping it from spawning despite hcd thinking its a valid spot.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly View Post
    Anyone know why the NEPA building disappears ( ie you can see it from a distance but whe you appraoch it vanishes ) in some towns but not others ?
    It's strange, I played on the test server for the Undead Legacy mod and the NEPA was fine (on seed WalkingDead). I tried using the War of the Walkers Mod with the same seed and the NEPA building disappears upon approach.

Survivor
    Just a bug I noticed that may have something to do with the game rather than the mixer but I don't really know which. Terrain is spreading across roads and is more common the closer i get to the edge of the map. This seems to be just snow and sand. Or is this intended somehow ? It is only an image though as you can run into and under it to follow the road. I made the map on my server pretty big too so maybe that has something to do with it.

Survivor
    So if i want to get loot into all these old empty crates ( explosives, medical, are always empty ) how do i do it ? ( the system seems to have chnaged a bit and i think some older crates are just missing from the xml files.