Page 266 of 266 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266
Results 3,976 to 3,987 of 3987

Thread: Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbain5 View Post
    Mags, is it possible to make each town or city have a post office, townhall, or police station. 1 or all three. and place a crate in 1 of those 3 poi's that give the white river citizen quest? this way people have a way to find the closest trade post to the town?
    a very good idea (I also had myself), but

Its not possible by using a automated process atm - not in Nitrogen and also not with rwgmixer.xml !

U could exchange prefabs from the generated prefabs.xml to fill in manually, but thats a hack of work.
    (U have to know the prefabnames, the coords and the right sizes of the prefabs u want to be exchanged)

Quote Originally Posted by Magoli View Post
    a very good idea (I also had myself), but

Its not possible by using a automated process atm - not in Nitrogen and also not with rwgmixer.xml !

U could exchange prefabs from the generated prefabs.xml to fill in manually, but thats a hack of work.
    (U have to know the prefabnames, the coords and the right sizes of the prefabs u want to be exchanged)
    I think perhaps just making a white river citizen quest note, with no xp, and add it to the mailbox loot list will have to be a way then. I will work on that.

ok, mod made

Refugee
    How do I do it if I want to install most of the compo pack but not necessarily everything? If I delete the prefabs I don't want from the prefabs folders before replacing the vanilla one, will that do it? Or do I also need to go in and edit the rwg xml file to prevent issues? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm new to this. (also sorry if someone asked this somewhere in this thread already. There are over 200 hundred pages... I couldn't find it. :P)

I Recommend to install the whole COMPOPACK
    (when I say "install" I mean just copy/paste the prefabfiles into the prefabsfolder and rwgmixer.xml into the configfolder)

Then u have to edit the rwgmixer.xml and remove every line u dont want

Dont just remove the prefabfiles only - this will bring erros !!!

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoli View Post
    I Recommend to install the whole COMPOPACK
    (when I say "install" I mean just copy/paste the prefabfiles into the prefabsfolder and rwgmixer.xml into the configfolder)

Then u have to edit the rwgmixer.xml and remove every line u dont want

Dont just remove the prefabfiles only - this will bring erros !!!
    That's what I wanted to know! Thanks!

Hunter
    in the 43 version are all the prefabs set with sleeper spawns and questable? i would like if all were so i can reset them when they collapse.. iv had many prefabs collapse on me due to trees growing inside and also just breaking or touching a block cause a collapse..

Quote Originally Posted by UbberN00ber View Post
    in the 43 version are all the prefabs set with sleeper spawns and questable? i would like if all were so i can reset them when they collapse.. iv had many prefabs collapse on me due to trees growing inside and also just breaking or touching a block cause a collapse..
    about 40% of the COMPO-prefabs have quests enabled
    about 70% of the COMPO-prefabs have Sleepers enabled

here is an outdated (but still 90% correct) detailed list from COMPOPACK34
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...l=1#post907670

my plan for further CP's is to get more quests-POI's enabled
    and I need to do a big overhaul on most of the Sleeper-Volumes to make the prefabs more exiting and balanced again

Iam sorry to hear u have collapsing POI's and trees growing inside of prefabs
    just FYI:
    a few prefabs have indeed trees inside the buildings (for decoration-purpose)
    but u can devide them from misplaced (randomly) placed trees, because they are rest in kinda pots and looks right on their places
    (offtopic: another topic is the branches of trees glitching throw blocks and walls)

I really would like to see these Issues with my own eyes, to check where's the problem
    but I never had those Issues during my gameplays, and never saw a pic or vid from it.

The 2nd question is: Was the map generated with Nitrogen or ingame-rwg-generation ?
    (but however - IMO these Issues belongs to a game/rwg-bug !!!)

Refugee
    Can I ask for clarification on the MP details? When you say it needs to be server side and client side, does that mean everybody connecting needs the files?

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by StrategicRabbit View Post
    Can I ask for clarification on the MP details? When you say it needs to be server side and client side, does that mean everybody connecting needs the files?
    Yes that is correct. For mp both the server and Every one whom plays on that server also need the prefabs on their own pcs

Hunter
    i have had the theme park and airport with terminal both collapse just by walking on parts... i can reset the terminal but in 42 i cannot the theme park i think in 43 u added sleepers and quest to theme park but im looking for more prefabs that i can reset due to players just trashing buildings or collapsing issues as for the trees i think on my next nitro gen i know how to fix the problem with the trees... now is it possible to added sleepers and reset-able quest to the prefabs that dont have them by using the prefab editor before map generation? and do you have a list of the prefabs that dont have sleepers or quest just to make it easier?

TY

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by UbberN00ber View Post
    i have had the theme park and airport with terminal both collapse just by walking on parts... i can reset the terminal but in 42 i cannot the theme park i think in 43 u added sleepers and quest to theme park but im looking for more prefabs that i can reset due to players just trashing buildings or collapsing issues as for the trees i think on my next nitro gen i know how to fix the problem with the trees... now is it possible to added sleepers and reset-able quest to the prefabs that dont have them by using the prefab editor before map generation? and do you have a list of the prefabs that dont have sleepers or quest just to make it easier?

TY
    I will check its values and see if they are correct for the theme park. It doesnt collapse for me. When i get home