Page 243 of 244 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244 LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 3651

Thread: Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Well you work hard, so you're allowed to gripe. =)
    Mag described another reason I only do vanilla prefabbing. I'm not willing to invest more of my time yet on additional layers of complexity until most major game systems are finalized.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laz Man View Post
    Mag described another reason I only do vanilla prefabbing. I'm not willing to invest more of my time yet on additional layers of complexity until most major game systems are finalized.
    Same argument as the other thread... Prefabs break from alpha to alpha too. What's the difference.

Seen my double doors? No clue why pimps didn't reverse each door to do the same...

this poi is collapsing, after it collapsed, noticed that some of the internal blocks are no longer the reinforced concrete they used to be

xcostum_nepa_base(by_Eihwaz)

2.jpg3.jpg
    Last edited by wolfbain5; 09-02-2019 at 09:07 PM.

Refugee
    If I may jump in here, I do not believe the collapsing building problem is mod specific but rather some change that occurred with 17.4. I have been playing War of the Walkers mod, which utilizes many of these same POIs and most of the larger structures are collapsing on multiple maps: this NEPA base, the spiral library, that large circular building (the name of which escapes me atm), and several others. Many of these POIs are sitting on ground that is a block or two above the surrounding landscape, not floating, just raised above the road level. Others are not, they're perfectly level but still collapsing. I have no idea what would cause the block type to change but it would make sense that a wood block wouldn't be as structurally sound as a concrete block and why it is only the larger structures that seem effected.

I'm guessing that the same applies to the empty city and replicating POI problem that wolfstein 10 describes using compo pack. I'm having the same problem on map after map, seed after seed, half empty cities comprised of the same 2 or 3 POIs over and over. Additionally, I see odd sink holes all over the map. I did not use any kind of mod loader but followed the compo pack instructions as listed, copy/paste the prefabs and over-write the rwgmixer. And, no I'm not using compo pack with any other mods.

TFP did a major rwg overhaul with 17.4 and despite what many people have said, I have seen a huge improvement in city size, layout, building
    variety, and how well the overlays are married to the terrain. The very problems that compo pack corrected for in previous alphas and now itself displays, at least for some of us. My knowledge of world generation is nearly non-existent but I do not see how there could be a conflict since the rwgmixer is being replaced and that is what sets these parameters. Yet, empiric data suggests that is there is a conflict since compo pack's mixer worked fine before 17.4 and now is behaving in a quirky, inconsistent manner. The mod didn't change but the alpha did in the very sphere in which the mod operates.

This makes me sad. Such a great mod but I cannot get it to generate a proper map. I do thank you for all your hard work and hope maybe you can catch the bug but that will be difficult since not everyone is having this problem. Hard to fix something you can't replicate. Well, that's my two cents worth of insight. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbain5 View Post
    this poi is collapsing, after it collapsed, noticed that some of the internal blocks are no longer the reinforced concrete they used to be

xcostum_nepa_base(by_Eihwaz)

2.jpg3.jpg
    Originally there were issues with this POI and 'air blocks' but that was fixed sometime ago. Please note that there are definitely stability issues with many POI's and this is definitely one. I've always reinforced this POI whenever I get a chance to use it. What I've also found is that the 'shaded' plates on the sides also seem to be 'main'/'primary' supports for this POI... IE: If you take away a few of those 'shaded plates' at the bottom near the corners - you'll hear some noise and the corner block for the roof will have collapsed...
    Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Cadamier View Post
    Originally there were issues with this POI and 'air blocks' but that was fixed sometime ago. Please note that there are definitely stability issues with many POI's and this is definitely one. I've always reinforced this POI whenever I get a chance to use it. What I've also found is that the 'shaded' plates on the sides also seem to be 'main'/'primary' supports for this POI... IE: If you take away a few of those 'shaded plates' at the bottom near the corners - you'll hear some noise and the corner block for the roof will have collapsed...
    Just saying
    I have checked the NEPAbase-POI
    all the blocks are fine, but I have found a little Issue in the xml that maybe can cause the prefab to collapse:

the yoffset is on -1 - it should be -2
    also CopyAirBlocks should be True instead of False

Because the prefabs rests 1 Layer to high on the surface the terrainfiller-blocks are above spawingsurface.
    Normaly they should just transform to Airblocks during the placement on the map (rwg-gen-process)
    and because they are just 1 Layer around the border and doesent support other blocks it should spawn maybe without these blocks, but not collapsing!

It seems that wierdoA17 has some dramaticly problems with handling terrainfiller (again!!! - or should i say: "still" - i dunno - i lost the cronicles - to much history on that)

Its also well known that the Structural Integrety System has lost feathers dramaticly
    (I believe the SI is not calculate block by block anymore (like <A15), but as the whole prefab.
    If it gets enough damage (no matter where) the whole prefab begins to collapse completly!)

Could also have something to do with the random-gen itself - we all know its not working very well atm and sometimes prefabs still floats

however - thx for ur report - i have noticed that Issue and will fix it in the next CP

@ shadou66 :
    Iam gonna check the rwgmixer.xml in the next days - maybe I find some Issues - but cant promise anything

i noticed it says for v17.1 and not to use for 17.2, but has it been updated to 17.4 for the rwgmixer?

i noticed it says for v17.1 and not to use for 17.2, but has it been updated to 17.4 for the rwgmixer?
    yes - its still the CP38-version for Alpha17.1
    And what I wrote in detail is :"Dont use it with Alpha17.2experimental !"

why there is no COMPOPACK-version for Alpha17.4 ??? :

There was no changes in the rwgmixer.xml from 17.1 to 17.4 (also not mentioned in the changelogs from 17.2 , 17.3 and 17.4)
    (There was some kinda changes in the rwg-engine (first the Islands, then they took back the Alpha16-rwg-engine I heard)

from A17.3 to A17.4 there was also a Change that belongs to the town-sizes. ALL towns are very big now atm. There are about 9 of them in a regular 4K-world and they are all pretty much the same size. And I see no solution to modify or control this atm ! So we all have to deal with it (until somebody finds a solution or the rwgmixer.xml gets more MODDER-friendly again!)

There are also a bunch of other topics that also belongs to RWG and the game itself and my dicision to not bring a update for 17.4

however - I tried a Lot with A17.4 RWG - my goal was to get a better world than it is now - I had no success -
    But I think the CP38-world is still a improvement against a pure vanilla-world (under these circumstances)
    keep in mind that all the CP38 towns are different to each other (9 different towntypes are available for randomspawn atm )

this is how the world is look like with Alpha17.4 and COMPOPACK38
    (seed: map01) :

previewer:
    20190815022348_1.jpg

a town:
    20190816203712_1.jpg

another town:
    20190821212816_1.jpg

Asiatown:
    20190815022303_1.jpg

I know its not perfect (maybe u will get a halfempty town or way to much traders in some areas)
    but in vanilla there are also a Lot of prefabs repeated over and over again.
    CP maybe too, but CP still have a way better variety of prefabs on the map than vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Magoli View Post
    yes - its still the CP38-version for Alpha17.1
    And what I wrote in detail is :"Dont use it with Alpha17.2experimental !"

why there is no COMPOPACK-version for Alpha17.4 ??? :

There was no changes in the rwgmixer.xml from 17.1 to 17.4 (also not mentioned in the changelogs from 17.2 , 17.3 and 17.4)
    (There was some kinda changes in the rwg-engine (first the Islands, then they took back the Alpha16-rwg-engine I heard)

from A17.3 to A17.4 there was also a Change that belongs to the town-sizes. ALL towns are very big now atm. There are about 9 of them in a regular 4K-world and they are all pretty much the same size. And I see no solution to modify or control this atm ! So we all have to deal with it (until somebody finds a solution or the rwgmixer.xml gets more MODDER-friendly again!)

There are also a bunch of other topics that also belongs to RWG and the game itself and my dicision to not bring a update for 17.4

however - I tried a Lot with A17.4 RWG - my goal was to get a better world than it is now - I had no success -
    But I think the CP38-world is still a improvement against a pure vanilla-world (under these circumstances)
    keep in mind that all the CP38 towns are different to each other (9 different towntypes are available for randomspawn atm )

this is how the world is look like with Alpha17.4 and COMPOPACK38
    (seed: map01) :

previewer:
    20190815022348_1.jpg

a town:
    20190816203712_1.jpg

another town:
    20190821212816_1.jpg

Asiatown:
    20190815022303_1.jpg

I know its not perfect (maybe u will get a halfempty town or way to much traders in some areas)
    but in vanilla there are also a Lot of prefabs repeated over and over again.
    CP maybe too, but CP still have a way better variety of prefabs on the map than vanilla.
    wasnt nagging, was honest curiosity. I have tried my hand at rwgmixer..... bashes my head into the wall.

wasnt nagging, was honest curiosity. I have tried my hand at rwgmixer..... bashes my head into the wall.
    no worries - all fine - yes ur right, its a pain in the aXX to work with the mixer atm

hi survivalists

here is a short (=long) statement of my first impressions during testing the new A18-RWG :

first of all iam really surprised very positively - RWG-map looks very fine now - thankx TFP
    RWG is now an Island again, but iam OK with this. Tbh i think its the best solution to point out where the map ends
    (decide urselfs: suddenly activating radiation vs a beach to the 'endless' ocean)
    (Iam only OK with this idea because the Island himself is looking great.)

here is what I like and dislike (belonging to rwg and prefabbing)

Like:

+ streets are now more natural and I saw no wierd road-situation (no roads over mountains or throw waters / no clumbs or cliffs or triangonal roads anymore ) - the same I can say for the gravelpaths - it seems the new pathing works fine
    + townsizes are now setable (again) - this is great and helps me a Lot to balance my multitownship-spawning-system
    + the trader-variety and duration problem seems to be solved now (because of the new min_repeat_distance-commando)
    + a ton of very cool new blocks were added to A18 - (a lot of deco and furniture blocks)
    + the new icons for blocks and items in the menu are looking very good - everything has the same illustration-style - very impressive!
    + many new vanilla-prefabs were added to A18 - this is great (but a detailed list in the changelog would might be great)
    + the block-converting from A17 to A18 was much less work then i thought - all credits on the blockconverting lists and decicions belongs honestly to PILLE - he delivered all lists, rules and editorfunctions so i just had to push 1 button to convert all prefabs - thx Dude
    also thx to TFP - it seems the block-system is getting more and more stable and big blockchanges will become less and less during further alphas

dislike:

- cars are still spawning oddly half in the earth
    - the bug on ALL waterblocks is still not fixed (meta- and rotationValues) - this is dramaticly important to all players, because IMO it has a big impact of the performance!) But more of this specialbug comes in a own thread soon

here is a short list of some things that would be great when implemented to the game:

# rwg seas, rivers and bridges
    # reactivating of custom-hubs for rwg again PLEASE !!!!
    # reactivating of the cityblock-cities (like <A15) PLEASE !!!!
    # more zeds on the biomes and on the streets
    # a fully working and comfortable to use world-editor (with instuctions)
    # a ability to see or modify the mix of the zones used in townships (maybe in rwgmixer with values and/or in the world-previewer)
    # NPC's (friendly,hostile,traders) - (has nothing to do with rwg but would be worldimproving anyway)
    # reactivacting of the decals saveable on prefabs (like <A15) (=kinda stickers for blocks like blood-daubers and loose papers etc.)
    with this feature the decoration of prefabs would go to a next level !!!

ok - these are my first impressions:

I dont have much A18-gameplay right now, becasue iam already working on the A18 version of COMPOPACK right now.
    I have some experiences with A18 rwg,some seeds,prefabs and blocks and I really like what i've seen so far.

to my actual work:
    as iam mentioned iam working on COMPOPACK39 atm.
    The Blockconverting is already done (thx again to PILLE) and iam about to rewrite the rwgmixer for A18 right now.
    My beloved and unique multitownship-spawning-system will be in use also this time, and this time with even more unique towns and cities as before (thats the plan so far ) - IMO This could be the best CP since A15

so stay tuned - maybe this weekend could be Release

cheers
    Last edited by Magoli; 5 Days Ago at 02:33 AM.

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoli View Post
    hi survivalists

here is a short (=long) statement of my first impressions during testing the new A18-RWG :

first of all iam really surprised very positively - RWG-map looks very fine now - thankx TFP
    RWG is now an Island again, but iam OK with this. Tbh i think its the best solution to point out where the map ends
    (decide urselfs: suddenly activating radiation vs a beach to the 'endless' ocean)
    (Iam only OK with this idea because the Island himself is looking great.)

here is what I like and dislike (belonging to rwg and prefabbing)

Like:

+ streets are now more natural and I saw no wierd road-situation (no roads over mountains or throw waters / no clumbs or cliffs or triangonal roads anymore ) - the same I can say for the gravelpaths - it seems the new pathing works fine
    + townsizes are now setable (again) - this is great and helps me a Lot to balance my multitownship-spawning-system
    + the trader-variety and duration problem seems to be solved now (because of the new min_repeat_distance-commando)
    + a ton of very cool new blocks were added to A18 - (a lot of deco and furniture blocks)
    + the new icons for blocks and items in the menu are looking very good - everything has the same illustration-style - very impressive!
    + many new vanilla-prefabs were added to A18 - this is great (but a detailed list in the changelog would might be great)
    + the block-converting from A17 to A18 was much less work then i thought - all credits on the blockconverting lists and decicions belongs honestly to PILLE - he delivered all lists, rules and editorfunctions so i just had to push 1 button to convert all prefabs - thx Dude
    also thx to TFP - it seems the block-system is getting more and more stable and big blockchanges will become less and less during further alphas

dislike:

- cars are still spawning oddly half in the earth
    - the bug on ALL waterblocks is still not fixed (meta- and rotationValues) - this is dramaticly important to all players, because IMO it has a big impact of the performance!) But more of this specialbug comes in a own thread soon

here is a short list of some things that would be great when implemented to the game:

# rwg seas, rivers and bridges
    # reactivating of custom-hubs for rwg again PLEASE !!!!
    # reactivating of the cityblock-cities (like <A15) PLEASE !!!!
    # more zeds on the biomes and on the streets
    # a fully working and comfortable to use world-editor (with instuctions)
    # a ability to see or modify the mix of the zones used in townships (maybe in rwgmixer with values and/or in the world-previewer)
    # NPC's (friendly,hostile,traders) - (has nothing to do with rwg but would be worldimproving anyway)
    # reactivacting of the decals saveable on prefabs (like <A15) (=kinda stickers for blocks like blood-daubers and loose papers etc.)
    with this feature the decoration of prefabs would go to a next level !!!

ok - these are my first impressions:

I dont have much A18-gameplay right now, becasue iam already working on the A18 version of COMPOPACK right now.
    I have some experiences with A18 rwg,some seeds,prefabs and blocks and I really like what i've seen so far.

to my actual work:
    as iam mentioned iam working on COMPOPACK39 atm.
    The Blockconverting is already done (thx again to PILLE) and iam about to rewrite the rwgmixer for A18 right now.
    My beloved and unique multitownship-spawning-system will be in use also this time, and this time with even more unique towns and cities as before (thats the plan so far ) - IMO This could be the best CP since A15

so stay tuned - maybe this weekend could be Release

cheers
    I disagree rwg is still horrible. An island really I think it's ridiculous and poor decision to go this way.

Fps is horrid.

Won't play if I have to use low settings and everything looks like it was made in the 1900s when the first game came out.

A a18 is great however in other areas. But they need to finally fix this rwg and actually spend time on it.

A big thanks to yourself and Pille for continuing to do this work. CompoPack has become an essential component of my server configuration, as it really helps to keep the game interesting.

Mag,

Nice to see your impressions on A18, and look forward to your Compo-Pack update.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by stallionsden View Post
    I disagree rwg is still horrible. An island really I think it's ridiculous and poor decision to go this way.

Fps is horrid.

Won't play if I have to use low settings and everything looks like it was made in the 1900s when the first game came out.

A a18 is great however in other areas. But they need to finally fix this rwg and actually spend time on it.
    hiya Stalli - nice to hear from u - long time not seen - dont make me afraid mate

I really have no actuall real gameplay-feelings collected so far - is it really that bad ?

The Island-idea: I said iam ok with it, not that I love it - anyway for me this topic is secundary, aslong the land itself is fine
    primary more important are other topics like town- and street- and -path generating and how the whole world looks like
    ofc rwg could be better, but what I have here in A18 is more than worth to work with again.

to fps I also cant tell much - but what I've moved around so far the movement feels much more grisp and faster than A17 (esp in godmode we are able to sprint again - very nice!)

maybe my opinion on A18 will change when I do some serious testing or true survival - but so far Iam positively impressed

hey - any chances to get a BANDITSMOD for A18 ??? would be awesome