Page 194 of 207 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3104

Thread: Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Quote Originally Posted by dcsobral View Post
    Hey, Magoli, how can I get in touch with Limodur? I haven't found his name in the forum, and I believe he might have a more recent version of the Prison.
    idk - i think i myself never saw Limodur in forum or anywhere else.
    The stuff from Limodur is in the CP since the very first times

so i think the newest version is in the current COMPOPACK to find

Hi there! I'm new to using this prefab pack. I'm amused by the ones I've discovered so far, it's definitely made exploring the world more interesting by far! I have a question about the Chernobyl POI, is it booby-trapped? I was exploring it and being very careful not to get too close to the land mines. I found some stairs to a room below the main room (the big one with all the mines) and I got halfway down the stairs when I heard the explosions begin. A chain reaction of explosions caused a complete collapse of the primary building. It would definitely be apropos for a meltdown/collapse to occur, but I was just wondering if it was intentional, or if I was just unlucky?

Quote Originally Posted by QuakeNaked View Post
    Hi there! I'm new to using this prefab pack. I'm amused by the ones I've discovered so far, it's definitely made exploring the world more interesting by far! I have a question about the Chernobyl POI, is it booby-trapped? I was exploring it and being very careful not to get too close to the land mines. I found some stairs to a room below the main room (the big one with all the mines) and I got halfway down the stairs when I heard the explosions begin. A chain reaction of explosions caused a complete collapse of the primary building. It would definitely be apropos for a meltdown/collapse to occur, but I was just wondering if it was intentional, or if I was just unlucky?
    there are landmines in the basement meltingcapsule and also Sleepers who awakes when u near the area.
    So - yes - its kinda boobytrapped

ty for response

Ranger
    How does one contribute to Compo?

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Make a prefab, post it on the prefabs section, mag will come by and pm for your permission to add it. He's quite friendly.

Ranger
    Magoli, I have a small fix I'm not sure it's worth packing into a zip file (but I'll do it, if you prefer):

I noticed that xcostum_bank(by_Guppycur) has Rotation to Face North set to "None" (which I presume is absence of property), but it should be "2", like in the abandoned houses, since the bank entrance is pointing South.

Ranger
    Also, I've made a few changes to xcostum_Prison(by_Limodur), which I have posted on its own thread with download link.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsobral View Post
    Magoli, I have a small fix I'm not sure it's worth packing into a zip file (but I'll do it, if you prefer):

I noticed that xcostum_bank(by_Guppycur) has Rotation to Face North set to "None" (which I presume is absence of property), but it should be "2", like in the abandoned houses, since the bank entrance is pointing South.
    thx for the head up

no - u dont need to upload it - its just a quick change to the xml

thx for ur work

Yo mag, any of the prefabs in your pack up to standards and would fit well in a medieval mod? I need around 500... I've another prefab server up (see server thread) to import and fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Yo mag, any of the prefabs in your pack up to standards and would fit well in a medieval mod? I need around 500... I've another prefab server up (see server thread) to import and fix them.
    hm - lemme see: maybe xcostum_woodenPalisade - ur Rangerstation

here are some prefabs that could fit (but not contents of CP):
    -Lazmans guardtower, AltenburgCastle, notredame

thats all i have in mind atm

u could change some blocks on some prefabs to have it look like medievel POI's (e.g. concrete to wood / brick to flagstone / etc.) - i know its lota work, but anyway
    Last edited by Magoli; 01-12-2018 at 03:43 PM.

Scavenger
    @Magoli Can your Compo-Pack be combined with Starvation Mod?

Quote Originally Posted by bida2 View Post
    @Magoli Can your Compo-Pack be combined with Starvation Mod?
    Its been talked about here (pls also read the following answeres):

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...l=1#post749240

It seems starvasion has its own rwgmixer.xml - so u have to choose or add all relevant poi's to the xml u wanna use.

Quote Originally Posted by Magoli View Post
    hm - lemme see: maybe xcostum_woodenPalisade - ur Rangerstation

here are some prefabs that could fit (but not contents of CP):
    -Lazmans guardtower, AltenburgCastle, notredame

thats all i have in mind atm

u could change some blocks on some prefabs to have it look like medievel POI's (e.g. concrete to wood / brick to flagstone / etc.) - i know its lota work, but anyway
    Hm, I had hoped a few more might fit well; this is what I have going so far, but building all these from scratch is going to take a while. Obviously I'm using custom textures, so would re-work other prefabs anyway...

What would you consider a good count of houses? I'm thinking 20 city, 20 rural, 20 farmland?

Ranger
    I have a medieval tower in mind that I just haven't worked on because I'm not doing medieval work atm. But I figured a way of making better round structures, and though it would be small, actual medieval towers were rather small. It would also make for good watch towers on a castle, though I'd use a square structure for a gate tower, as that also seems to have been the usual case.

Want it?

Hm, I had hoped a few more might fit well; this is what I have going so far, but building all these from scratch is going to take a while. Obviously I'm using custom textures, so would re-work other prefabs anyway...

What would you consider a good count of houses? I'm thinking 20 city, 20 rural, 20 farmland?
    this is looking very sweet - the left building reminds me to Seyda Neen in Morrowind

yo sry i cant deliver more atm, but u know medievil is not my site

yes with 60 POI's u can enable a nice world IMO