Page 2 of 257 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Quote Originally Posted by berticus0001 View Post
    Yeah, I see what you mean about using the lots as filler but I think the main problem is the way the randomizer lays out the city, it seems to fill from south west to north west then repeat meaning the west of a city is always filled with the 1-per-hub buildings and the east is filled with the multi-per-hub stuff, so for a 6x6 city (vanilla max) you end up with a city like this¬
    Attachment 8703
    What we need is more types to use a fillers so removing the max-per on the others doesn't end up with loads of shotgun messiah's all over the shop.
    Wow - i have not saw such a big City before - lol

For such a big City we will need 46 more prefabs to get the City totally filled with single-spawners - lol

btw:
    I found 13 little cosmetical Issues till yet. Mostly of them in the new integrated Vanilla-Prefabs.

remember:
    For this Pack i had to check/modify about 700 files !!!!
    If here ot there a little cosmetical mistake - PLS forgive me

Rather post it here (with screenshot) - to get it solved in the next release !!!

I think i release a update this week !!!

Mag out

Quote Originally Posted by Bullrott View Post
    Well, I have to say that your mod is a good start Magoli...! Seems we can make it better :

Variety is far better than vanilla, BUT we can adjust some things for make it better than this... IMO, rwgmixer have to be modded for fit your mod perfectly... AND we can adjust spawning location of prefabs, some of them atm breakin' immersion... It's a little bit annoying when buildings with grass spawn in wasteland... Or when you have wood factory spawning outside snow & forest biome... As well, funeral parlor in wilderness...
    Try this modded rwgmixer.xml. Has been modified by Ashen for my servers and has some nice features:

- Adjusts roads in Pine biome to use gravel.
    - Adjusts edges of reads to be a smoother transition
    - Adjusts offset from center for cities
    - Changes to POI probability to have a good mix of POIs - for example Pine Forest Biome features higher chance of wilderness and supports a higher quantity of wilderness POIs.
    - Changes to Biome probability to have a good mix of Biomes.

This is currently in testing on my servers and so far seems good, please let me know if you encounter any errors. I'll another create thread to discuss tweaks and mods to rwgmixer if needed.

Yeah, I see what you mean about using the lots as filler but I think the main problem is the way the randomizer lays out the city, it seems to fill from south west to north west then repeat meaning the west of a city is always filled with the 1-per-hub buildings and the east is filled with the multi-per-hub stuff, so for a 6x6 city (vanilla max) you end up with a city like this¬
    Attachment 8703
    What we need is more types to use a fillers so removing the max-per on the others doesn't end up with loads of shotgun messiah's all over the shop.
    Perhaps 0,0 could use some zoning? We could adjust some of the prefabs to have a mix of residential and commercial in the north eastern part of the city?

found the following house that needs to be adjusted -

yeah - thx a lot LT.

Its the "RotatingToFaceNorth" - value !!! It has to be rotated to the street !!!
    And it needs terrainfiller too. To fix the ground for this prefab.

It will be fixed in the next update !!!

I will start to check AND FIX all prefabs tommorow, if there is a ground-conflict between Biome-terrain and the Prefab-given ground !
    I don't checked all prefabs before release for this special cosmetical aspect.

Mag out

Tracker
    Big city? lol, I usually have it max at 18x18, now THATS a lot of lots!!
    So HERES some bits to help fill the spaces, theres 10 in there, for the most they are just combined red/tan brick shops into rows, 2 for each, 1 without anything in the yard and 1 with either fenced yards or garages plus 2 garage blocks, note I've just copied the basics for the xml's without maxper so if you want to add that, and I think I saw someone (possibly even you) mention that the spawn stuff in there is no longer used so if you want to scrape that out as well.

@LT. tbh I don't think the zoning actually does anything, at least not in the cities, for testing I've just been copy/pasting the same xml all set to residential and the entire east side of the city is guarenteed to be full of what I'm looking for.
    I think whats needed is to have the zoning built along the lines of the ore clusters, ie, increased liklyhood of the same zone/block generating next to another untill it switches, say, residential to commercial then clustering commercials until it switches again.
    Also needs an industrial zone to even things out.
    This way the city should build in clusters of residential, commercial and industrial zones, each zone covering around 4-5 blocks.
    Last edited by berticus0001; 05-18-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LT. View Post
    Try this modded rwgmixer.xml. Has been modified by Ashen for my servers and has some nice features:

- Adjusts roads in Pine biome to use gravel.
    - Adjusts edges of reads to be a smoother transition
    - Adjusts offset from center for cities
    - Changes to POI probability to have a good mix of POIs - for example Pine Forest Biome features higher chance of wilderness and supports a higher quantity of wilderness POIs.
    - Changes to Biome probability to have a good mix of Biomes.

This is currently in testing on my servers and so far seems good, please let me know if you encounter any errors. I'll another create thread to discuss tweaks and mods to rwgmixer if needed.

Perhaps 0,0 could use some zoning? We could adjust some of the prefabs to have a mix of residential and commercial in the north eastern part of the city?
    This might work with a fresh map but dropping this into an existing world and I had huge zone mismatches.

Is there a way to just fix the placement issues but leave the other aspects alone so we could use it in existing worlds?

Thanks

Just had it as well as soon as I spawned in to a new game, thread exeption generate_chunk or whatever, empty string is invalid.
    Just had this happen in the AU server -

Code:
    2015-05-19T11:22:43 13790.183 ERR Exception in thread thread_GenerateChunks:

2015-05-19T11:22:43 13790.183 EXC An empty string is not considered a valid value.

ArgumentException: An empty string is not considered a valid value.
      at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at BiomeCell.md0019 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at BiomeCell.GenerateVoronoiGraph (Int32 seed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at RandomWorldGenerator.GetBiomeCellByWorldPos (Int32 _seed, Single x, Single y) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at RandomWorldGenerator.GetBiomeCellByWorldPos (Single x, Single y) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at BiomeGeneratorFromBiomeCellData.GetBiomeAt (Int32 _x, Int32 _z, System.Single& _intensity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at TerrainFromBiomeCellData.GenerateTerrain (.World _world, .Chunk _chunk, System.Random _random) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ChunkProviderGenerateWorld.generateTerrain (.World _world, .Chunk _chunk, System.Random _random) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ChunkProviderGenerateWorld.thread_GenerateChunks (.ThreadInfo _threadInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ThreadManager.md0005 (System.Object par0001) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    Logger:masterLogException(Exception)
    Logger:Exception(Exception)
    Log:Exception(Exception)
    ThreadManager:md0005(Object
    Not sure whether this is a fault with the RWGMixer or a prefab.

Quote Originally Posted by jrb531 View Post
    This might work with a fresh map but dropping this into an existing world and I had huge zone mismatches.

Is there a way to just fix the placement issues but leave the other aspects alone so we could use it in existing worlds?

Thanks
    Sorry yes I would not be throwing in these new POIs and a new RWGMixer into an already established world based on different POIs or in some cases different versions of POIs. I thought that went without saying but just in case best to start a new world.

I've been looking at toning down the zombie spawns at POIs, it is too predictable and tedious.

I understand the Staticspawngroup,

but the other two?

staticspawnersize and trigger. Do you touch those to tone it down, or edit the spawning.xml with the waves?

Created a thread for diagnosing the errors from RWGMixer.xml so that we find a stable modded version for use with this prefab pack.

Right now there seem to be two types of errors that are causing world corruption which has a massive impact on servers. The first error is the null argument exception, and the second is "Argument of of Range" Min Value greater than Max value.

I suggest we work together to identify what causes these errors so that we can safely use a modded rwgmixer file with the new POI pack.

Thanks for the great work. Finally I saw some new PreFabs while testing. Sadly, the world is still empty. Something's still wrong with the number of spawning.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypticus View Post
    Thanks for the great work. Finally I saw some new PreFabs while testing. Sadly, the world is still empty. Something's still wrong with the number of spawning.
    Yes - its only 1 or 2 that spawns in wilderness !!! Sometimes there is not a single one

This belongs to the RWGMIXER !!!

We work on that !!!

btw:
    I will bring a update today !!!
    No new stuff - just cosmetical things
    More later

Mag out

UPDATE - TIME:

New version is now:

Prefabs-Compo-Pack v2 (versionID150519)

This is a hotfix-release to fix some esthetical and cosmetical things on some Prefabs.
    I also added (exchanged) the brandnew version of the TWDprison (overdone by Laz Man himself).

To get it click the DL-Link on the first Post !!!

To get detailed Infos what have changed - PLS read the releasenotes.txt included in the .zip-file !!!

btw:
    PLS TRASH THE OLD PACK !!!

Have fun with this
    Mag out

Scavenger
    Oh cool i hadn't noticed this. Does this have everything from the other pack we were messing with? Also we could totally just change out the ground blocks to make snow, grass, wasteland variations of some of the prefabs if that's something you guys think needs doing lets get a list made so we can churn em out.

Also i see

-removed Hospital from Wsiegel - because its totally buggy (gotta check this later)

I wonder if you ever got the one that i fixed? there was a layer somewhere around the top that spawned a buncha beds in one of the rooms, one of those beds broke the world gen when it spawned. Once i removed the bed on the one i fixed it stopped giving me errors.
    Last edited by acidchalk; 05-19-2015 at 08:54 PM.

Hey Acid - nice to hear from u

Yes - the POI's from the old pack are in - and many more - check it out!

Just updated to v2 a hour ago

IMO all is repaired and corrected well. Almost all prefabs has get terrainfiller and topsoildecoration too

If u see any mistake pls post it here (with screenshot)
    (Or fix it and post the fix here - so i can include it in the next release !

btw:
    we need more small POI's (= smaller than 44X44) !!! I think i will make a new one next days

Mag out