Page 244 of 251 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 3758

Thread: Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoli View Post
    hiya Stalli - nice to hear from u - long time not seen - dont make me afraid mate

I really have no actuall real gameplay-feelings collected so far - is it really that bad ?

The Island-idea: I said iam ok with it, not that I love it - anyway for me this topic is secundary, aslong the land itself is fine
    primary more important are other topics like town- and street- and -path generating and how the whole world looks like
    ofc rwg could be better, but what I have here in A18 is more than worth to work with again.

to fps I also cant tell much - but what I've moved around so far the movement feels much more grisp and faster than A17 (esp in godmode we are able to sprint again - very nice!)

maybe my opinion on A18 will change when I do some serious testing or true survival - but so far Iam positively impressed

hey - any chances to get a BANDITSMOD for A18 ??? would be awesome
    Haha yeh long time mate sorry for my absence. I understand what your saying and I know rwg still being worked on but yeh this island thing makes me feel like it is like every other game. prior was its own game.

I will take a look at bandits but if TFP havent put the code required for it back in or new code it wont be very promising lol.

And def A18 offers alot to be worked with and how much better are the pois gonna be. Pool tables. Computers. lots more deco stuff... no doubt that is a welcome addition to the game to :-)
    Last edited by stallionsden; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:47 PM.

Does anyone know if In A18 non vanilla prefabs will distribute to client PCs automatically again like in A16?

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Nope, they shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    Does anyone know if In A18 non vanilla prefabs will distribute to client PCs automatically again like in A16?
    Doesn't need to. You can run CompoPack on a server and connect with a vanilla client with absolutely no negative impact. I ran my server this way all through a17. The server presents you with the world built block by block when you enter a chunk. There is no reason the client needs to have the prefab file on their own PC.

Quote Originally Posted by dhlmaster View Post
    Doesn't need to. You can run CompoPack on a server and connect with a vanilla client with absolutely no negative impact. I ran my server this way all through a17. The server presents you with the world built block by block when you enter a chunk. There is no reason the client needs to have the prefab file on their own PC.
    I donít use a dedicated server with my friends, PC to PC, non vanilla prefabs will still be ok?

I just tested and it still works P2P. The only thing I noticed was that LOD distant models aren't present. If you have your view distance set to high, you'll rarely notice. I had to back up pretty far before seeing the buildings pop out of existence. This may be happening on a dedicated server too and I may never have noticed, because I do keep my view distance set to maximum. Even so, I feel it's worth it to have the added variety of prefabs. A couple years ago, the game didn't even have LOD models and we all got along just fine

Refugee
    Any idea on when the compopack for A18 will be ready? (I know it will be done when it gets done, but I miss it so! )

Nomad
    I recon this will take some serious time & effort as I got the old version to run without errors but its messy as I dont have the time to spend sorting out each prefab so I cheated & loaded up each file saving it after it errors, replacing all dodgy blocks lol.. Cant play this game without the Magoli pack..... Just not happening haha

UPDATE-TIME

COMPOPACK_39(for Alpha18_exp_built143) is out now !!!

after 10 days working on it its done - CP has arrived A18 now

mainthing was to bring the prefabs from A17 to A18 and do the blockconverting.
    But I have made some cool improvements that makes the variety and the look of the towns even better

to get it go to the FIRST-POST

here are the Changes in detail:

changelog CP39:

A17 work:

- repaired xcostum_CityPark(by_Spider) changed cabinettextures to stonetextures
    - repaired xcostum_nepa_base(by_Eihwaz) (changed yoffset to -2 and copyairblocks=True)

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************************************

- EXECUTED CONVERTION FROM A17 to A18 !!!
    (62 blocks has changed/namechanged or removed - thx Pille for the whole work on the Conversation)

************************************************** ************************************************** *******************************************

A18 work:

(work in build 139):

- removed prefab: xvanilla_cornfield_md
    - removed prefab: xvanilla_cornfield_sm
    - removed prefab: xvanilla_potatofield1
    - renamed xvanilla_army_camp(universal) to xcostum_army_camp(universal)
    - renamed xvanilla_Trailerhousemix01 to xcostum_Trailerhousemix01
    - renamed xvanilla_Trailerhousemix02 to xcostum_Trailerhousemix02
    - renamed xvanilla_Trailerhousemix03 to xcostum_Trailerhousemix03
    - renamed xvanilla_Trailerhousemix04 to xcostum_Trailerhousemix04

- took over all relevant A18-Vanilla-Prefabs that can spawn in RWG (amount of 335) - new prefix: xvanilla_
    (because of nasty waterblock-bug and xml-modifications that are needed for better spawning (Allowed Township / Allowed Zone / Allowed Biome)

- changed block257 : waterMovingBucket to block 256 : terrWaterPOI (in all prefabs)
    - changed block258 : waterMovingBucket to block 256 : terrWaterPOI (in all prefabs)
    - changed block259 : waterMovingBucket to block 256 : terrWaterPOI (in all prefabs)
    - changed block260 : waterMovingBucket to block 256 : terrWaterPOI (in all prefabs)

replaced missing waterblock (id256) in following prefabs:
    "vanilla_abandoned_house_08.tts"
    "vanilla_cabin_11.tts"
    "vanilla_cave_01.tts"
    "vanilla_cave_02.tts"
    "vanilla_factory_lg_02.tts"
    "vanilla_hotel_new_01.tts"
    "vanilla_hotel_roadside_02.tts"
    "vanilla_house_modern_04.tts"
    "vanilla_house_old_ranch_03.tts"
    "vanilla_oldwest_business_04.tts"
    "vanilla_oldwest_watertower.tts"
    "vanilla_remnant_house_02.tts"
    "vanilla_school_k6.tts"
    "vanilla_skyscraper_01.tts"
    "vanilla_utility_waterworks_01.tts"
    "vanilla_water_tower_01.tts"
    "vanilla_water_tower_02.tts"
    "vanilla_water_tower_03.tts"

(work in build 143):

- exchanged all old xvanilla_ xml's with the new better b143-versions
    - exchanged prefab xvanilla_house_old_pyramid_02 with better new b143-version
    - exchanged prefab xvanilla_settlement_trader_04 with better new b143-version

- generated the new stats xml-entry for every CP-prefab

- fixed b143vanilla bug in xvanilla_bombshelter_lg_01.xml (removed ""-Sleeper-Entries) (vanillab143bug!)

- repaired block256 : terrWaterPOI - reset Rotation and Meta to 0 (in all Prefabs) (vanillab143bug!)
    - repaired block1 : terrStone - reset Rotation and Meta to 0 (in all Prefabs)
    - repaired block2 : terrainFiller - reset Rotation and Meta to 0 (in all Prefabs)
    - repaired block5 : terrDirt - reset Rotation and Meta to 0 (in all Prefabs)
    - repaired block6 : terrForestGround - reset Rotation and Meta to 0 (in all Prefabs)
    - repaired block7 : terrBurntForestGround - reset Rotation and Meta to 0 (in all Prefabs)
    - repaired block15 : terrDestroyedStone - reset Rotation and Meta to 0 (in all Prefabs)
    - repaired block17 : terrGravel - reset Rotation and Meta to 0 (in all Prefabs)
    - repaired block18 : terrAsphalt - reset Rotation and Meta to 0 (in all Prefabs)
    - repaired block19 : terrConcrete - reset Rotation and Meta to 0 (in all Prefabs)
    - repaired block0 : air - reset Rotation and Meta to 0 (in all Prefabs)

- exchanged block2065 : cntShoppingBasketEmpty to block2067 : cntShoppingBasketRandomLootHelper (in all Prefabs)
    - exchanged block2066 : cntShoppingBasket to block2067 : cntShoppingBasketRandomLootHelper (in all Prefabs)
    - exchanged block2062 : cntShoppingCartEmpty to block2064 : cntShoppingCartRandomLootHelper (in all Prefabs)
    - exchanged block2063 : cntShoppingCart to block2064 : cntShoppingCartRandomLootHelper (in all Prefabs)
    - exchanged block2091 : cntBackpack01 to block2111 : cntBagsRandomLootHelper (in all Prefabs)
    - exchanged block2093 : cntBackpack03 to block2111 : cntBagsRandomLootHelper (in all Prefabs)
    - exchanged block2094 : cntDuffle01 to block2111 : cntBagsRandomLootHelper (in all Prefabs)
    - exchanged block2095 : cntSportsBag01 to block2111 : cntBagsRandomLootHelper (in all Prefabs)
    - exchanged block2096 : cntSportsBag02 to block2111 : cntBagsRandomLootHelper (in all Prefabs)
    - exchanged block2097 : cntPurse01 to block2111 : cntBagsRandomLootHelper (in all Prefabs)
    - exchanged block2098 : cntSuitcase to block2111 : cntBagsRandomLootHelper (in all Prefabs)

- removed file from prefabsfolder: xvanilla_hospital_02.ins (vanillab143bug!)
    - removed file from prefabsfolder: xvanilla_house_new_mansion_03.xml (vanillab143bug!)

- added new prefabs:
    xcostum_7EndStore(by_Jackelmyer)
    xcostum_Adam_House_Z1(by_DMC)
    xcostum_CanucksCoffee(by_Genosis)
    xcostum_Dave_Home_2(by_DMC)
    xcostum_InsaneAsylum(by_Genosis)
    xcostum_IZEA_market(by_Genosis)
    xcostum_Lost_Joels(pseudo-trader)(by_DMC)
    xcostum_QuietPinesSpecial(by_hernan)

- reworked all xvanilla-xml's again

rwgmixer:

in principe the structure of the CP-RWGMIXER is still the same like CP38
    there is still the multiple-township-system with 9 different townships i brought to the CP in A17 - but its much more improved now
    And the mainpoint is that A18-RWG generaly seems to work like it should (very less errors or wierd creations)
    As you know the A18-RWG-maps are generated as Islands now. So also the CP39-RWG-maps will spawn as Islands !

- removed/renamed the old xvanilla_ - poi's
    - implemented all vanilla-pois to be xvanilla_-poi's now (also the new A18-prefabs)
    - made all relevant changes on the wilderness-traders (min_repeat_distance="500" so about every 500blocks should be a trader now)
    - set sizes to all several townships (but seems to not work - it has simply no effect - the towns are as big like they would, totally randomly
    IMO its not possible to bind a specific township to a specific size !!! this is bad !!!
    this means that sometimes townships with a low amount of prefabs (e.g. Asiatown) are suddenly forced to spawn in a hub that is to big to get all sockets filled ==> empty spots in towns)
    - changed waterlevel from 43 to 45

thats all - have fun - give feedback!

Magoli
    2019-10-16

thank you so much for your hard work on this release
    Ive been waiting to play A18 and refused to do so until CompoPack was ready
    you are a god

Might be me but server spewing errors:
    2019-10-17T06:54:31 1757.572 ERR Prefab loading failed. Prefab 'xvanilla_snowy_ski_lodge' does not exist!
    2019-10-17T06:54:31 1757.576 ERR Prefab loading failed. Prefab 'xvanilla_oldwest_graveyard' does not exist!

And again! Thank you Magoli!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadamier View Post
    Might be me but server spewing errors:
    2019-10-17T06:54:31 1757.572 ERR Prefab loading failed. Prefab 'xvanilla_snowy_ski_lodge' does not exist!
    2019-10-17T06:54:31 1757.576 ERR Prefab loading failed. Prefab 'xvanilla_oldwest_graveyard' does not exist!

And again! Thank you Magoli!!!!!!!!!!!
    Opps! Looks like TFP changed a tonne of prefabs, or at least the naming of them:
    house_new_02
    house_new_03
    house_new_04
    house_new_06
    houseburnt1
    houseburnt2
    houseburnt3
    houseburnt5
    houseburnt3b
    house_new_mansion_01
    Are missing in this RWG.

Then these are apparently missing:
    xvanilla_Trailerhousemix01
    xvanilla_Trailerhousemix02
    xvanilla_Trailerhousemix03
    xvanilla_Trailerhousemix04

Imgur link

MY BAD! I think I was trying to do too much! Might have had the wrong rwgmixer lol
    Last edited by Cadamier; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:28 PM.

Is anyone else getting islands?!?

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    That's the new rwg.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    That's the new rwg.
    That's no good