Thread: [CBSM] Cloud-based Server Manager

[CBSM] Cloud-based Server Manager

===========

Updated for Alpha 17

E-mail Support: https://envul.com/support/

Discord Support: alanine#4868

===========

Hello!

I wanted to share some new features of the Cloud-based Server Manager, which may be of interest to users wanting to mod their server.

What is the Cloud-based Server Manager (CBSM)?
    It is a free web-based tool to assist with managing your server - allowing you and your moderators to monitor and interact with your game server using a computer or mobile device. A 'licensed' version does exist however, with some exclusive features (see bottom).

The CBSM provides many ways to modify your game-server, and also to configure/balance each of them for your server. Although hundreds of servers are using the Cloud-based server manager, each of them remains unique.

Setup
    Registering and getting setup is free - and takes only a few minutes! (No downloads needed)
    Please refer to the setup guide, found here.

Player Economy (Zombie Coins / zCoins)
    Manage your own player economy - Allowing players to earn zCoins through play-time, and/or killing zombies.

Players can
    - Purchase configured items from the global "Server Shop"
    - Use them on enabled features such as 'Set Home', or the Lottery.
    - Send them to other players for trades or payments
    - Lose a specified amount on death
    - So much more: see below

Server Operated Shop
    This feature allows your players to browse from an infinite supply of items made available by the server operator. Adding too many items, will reduce trading and interaction between players.

Admins can
    - Choose what items are available
    - Choose how much they cost (zCoin)

Base Protection
    This feature prevents unauthorized access into your property, and prevents grief!

Players can purchase their own plots of land, and can then lock it. When a plot is locked, only players who are on that players CBSM friends list, will be allowed in. All other players will be ejected upon entry.

Admins can
    - Choose the cost and size of each plot
    - Choose minimum distance to spawn, to create a plot
    - Choose whether plots can be turned into vendors
    - Choose to enable a configurable daily tax for each plot
    - Choose if PVP is toggleable within plots (See: Automatic Player Jail)

For more details, see this page.

Player Operated Shops (Vendors)
    This feature allows your players to travel from settlement to settlement, and browse both pricing and item availability.
    A player is able to upgrade their plot into a vendor/shop. These have a different (optional) tax-rate than normal plots.

Admins can
    - Choose what items are available for vendors to re-sell
    - Choose how much they cost (zCoin)
    - Choose minimum purchase quantity (wholesale!)
    - Choose the daily tax-rate on each vendor location

Vendor operators can:
    - Choose what items they purchase, and maintain stock of
    - Choose how much they re-sell items for (and thus, how much profit they earn)

Pre-generate Server Map
    This function allows servers to pre-generate their world, to save performance.

Admins can
    - Choose the amount of world they want to pre-generate

Player Revival Feature
    When enabled, this feature provides players with the opportunity to revive themselves upon death.
    If the player revives, they will be brought back to the location of their death.

The revival occurs after the player respawn, allowing them to equip and prepare for the trip.

Admins can
    - Choose the to enable/disable this
    - Choose the cost of reviving

Player Set Home
    When enabled, this feature allows players to set a "home", and return to it at a later time.
    This works separately from the in-game bed feature.

Admins can
    - Choose the cost to set a home
    - Choose the cost to return home
    - Choose a time delay between usage

Interactive Server Maps
    This feature allows you to view your game world in a web browser!
    For an example, take a look at this PvE Map.

Admins can
    - Choose if online players are displayed
    - Choose if inventories can be viewed
    - Choose if offline players are displayed
    - Choose if land claim blocks are displayed

Periodic Server Messages
    This feature allows you to add as many server messages as you want - and specify how often each message should be displayed, in minutes. Message intervals can overlap.

To see how simple configuration is, see this image.

Custom Commands
    This feature allows you to create your own custom commands.

One such usage, is to send a player a splint, when the use the command /krutch
    We can then set a cost of 5 zCoins, and a delay of 8 minutes to it, to assist with the breaking leg issue of A11.

For more details, and examples, see this page.

Way Point Travel System (zGates)
    When enabled, players can create way points allowing them to return to that location from anywhere.
    Players can create multiple way points and can make them public, to allow other players to use them.

Admins can
    - Choose the max number of owned zGates per player
    - Choose the cost to setup a zGate
    - Choose the cost to visit a zGate
    - Choose a time delay between visiting zGates
    - Choose whether players can visit zGates only (no creation ability)
    - Choose whether players can make their zGates public

Server Firewall / Whitelist
    This feature allows you to enable a blacklist, or a whitelist.
    If you enable a black list, every listed country you add will be blocked from the server.
    If you enable a white list, only countries you list will be allowed into the server.

It provides "Player Whitelist" to add Steam IDs of people, you want the firewall to ignore.

Bounty System
    When enabled, the bounty system allows players to set a zCoin bounty on the head of another player. A list of bounties is publicly displayed in-game, upon demand. If someone kills a wanted player, they will be awarded the bounty.

Automatic Player Jail
    When enabled, the server operator is able to specify an in-game location to become the jail. When a player kills another player, they will be brought to jail for 'justice'. They will remain there for the configured jail sentence (in minutes), and cannot escape this location, even with cheats or god mode. Setting the location as a far-away biome, is sufficient.

When a player is released from jail, they are brought to the center of the map.

Admins can
    - Choose the jail sentence (time in minutes)
    - Choose an optional bail fee (to leave jail early)
    - Choose the jail location

Voter Reward System
    This feature allows you to automatically reward players for voting for your server on 7daystodie-servers.com to increase it's popularity and exposure. When a user votes, they are automatically provided a "vote point", which can be saved up, or traded to other players.

Players can collect these "vote points" to be used at the "voter reward' shop.

Admins can
    - Choose what items are available as voter rewards
    - Choose how many voting points are needed for each reward

In-game Email System
    This feature allows you players to send messages to each other, even if they are offline.
    If a player has unread messages, they will be alerted upon connecting to the server.

This feature includes a means to submit in-game reports to the admins and moderators of the server.

Last edited by alanine; 11-25-2018 at 06:33 PM.

[CBSM] Cloud-based Server Manager

zCoin Lottery
    When enabled, this feature allows players to enter an in-game lottery. The process is completely automatic - the lottery is drawn once the last ticket is revealed, and the winner is awarded the lottery pot.

Admins can
    - Choose what how many tickets per draw
    - Choose the price of each lottery ticket
    - Choose the lottery payout percentage (0.9 is suggested)

Notable Mentions
    - Global Ban List support
    - Anti-Cheat A.I.
    - Ping Limiter*
    - Real-time Chat Translator
    - In-game Wikipedia / Game Guide

For a full list of all features, and details on each - please see this page.

CBSM License
    It is not necessary to purchase a license - however, select functionalities will require it. Licensed users are also prioritized higher than free users, providing a higher quality experience.

At this time, the following features require a CBSM license:
    - Plot System
    - Player Operated Shops
    - Map Generator
    - Server Firewall
    - Custom Commands

If you want to support this project, you can obtain a license by logging into Envul.com using your existing ServerManager.ca (CBSM) account.

Statistics as of Alpha 12 Launch:
    Last edited by SylenThunder; 09-02-2017 at 12:58 PM.

I will be testing this out on my server soon! Thank you Alan for the hard work.

CBSM Review -

CBSM is a great... no make that awesome manager that is extremely easy to integrate with your server (no downloads needed or changing any settings in your server). You simply set up CBSM and it interacts with your server to unlock a ton of features which you can activate/deactivate as you see fit and customise nearly every part of it.

You can set up a server shop, player shops, teleport locations, server AI and firewall, custom commands for players and loads of other great things which just makes 7 Days that extra bit better.

Since using CBSM, I've never had any downtime with it and can always log in to the browser based manager at home or when I'm out and about via my mobile to check up on who's currently playing online, who's been online and whats going on in the game.

Considering Alanine has done this all by himself, it's really amazing and will change any server owner's life for the better!

Keep up the great work Alanine!

No Global Ban List???

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Red View Post
    CBSM Review -

....(no downloads needed or changing any settings in your server).
    This is a great tool and I appreciate the review. If you want the full functionality there is a small download required for Alloc's server fixes. The download is minor and installs quickly and easily. I have installed the server fixes without issue and am presently using CBSM without issue.

Thank you Alanine

Quote Originally Posted by Lordicon View Post
    No Global Ban List???
    Yup, the CBSM has it's own internal "Global Ban List", that servers can opt-in to.
    (see 'Notable Mentions' near the bottom - I ran out of thread room [10,000 characters])

Player usage data, and submitted ban details - are what help build this database.
    It is not as aggressive as it could be - as such, I wouldn't put much faith into it, for the time being.

Server operators will also soon be able to view bans placed by other servers, and why - allowing them to quickly determine if they too want to ban that player; a proactive means to keep the server a little bit safer, perhaps.

Alanine will you be incorporating Starting, Restarting and Stopping the server at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by Redlotus View Post
    Alanine will you be incorporating Starting, Restarting and Stopping the server at some point?
    Please excuse this copy-paste response, but this question was asked recently on the CBSM forums.
    Hope it makes sense!

Yeah! I can do this soon..

However, it would only be usable by servers which have some sort of "auto-reboot" feature to turn them back on.
    Many hosting solutions have this already.

To re-iterate, my application could shut it down on schedule, but could not turn it back on.
    A batch file can handle this task, for users hosting their own servers.

If you are not sure if your host offers this, a quick test should be using the console command: shutdown
    Then wait some moments to see if the game server turned itself back on within a minute or two.

If it does, you could use the upcoming reboot function without issue.
    As of right now, you can submit console commands from the CBSM - so, it would be possible to perform a 'shutdown' command, if needed.

Awesome thank you for the response and I apologize I didn't search more for this in the CBSM forums.

Refugee
    I've already got Alloc's Fixes, would I have to install anything else on the server to get this working?

Nope - you can register for free, and get setup within minutes, if you already have Alloc's fixes installed.

No additional downloads or files needed.

Good work go ahead!

Thanks for guidance. I've come here. My server is set up by 7 a.m. every morning. Restart time of about 3, about 2 minutes. Mainly to sort out the server's memory. If I do not operate manually, the management software can automatically re connect it? How long does it take?

I would like to ask, the number of servers one to 20 people will be very slow, the server side of the FPS will be reduced to a single digit. However, the server's CPU, memory, bandwidth usage is no more than 50%. I don't understand why, is the game itself? There is no way to solve? Hoping to get the answer.

Bad English, hope to understand, thank you!

Hello,

#1) If the server is offline, the CBSM will detect this.
    It will make periodic attempts to re-connect for up to 4 hours, however they can be up to 5 - 6 minutes apart.

During this process, you can at any time manually restart/start the listener from the dashboard; but it should not be necessary.

-----------

#2) I too experience this. Despite having excessive hardware resources available on the game server, it will still crawl to 3.00 FPS, when the server is very busy. This causes zombies not to walk properly, etc. despite the fact that on initial glance, there are tonnes of resources available for the server to make use of.

This is commonly experienced during new game versions when the population is high, and the world is un-generated.
    Once the map generates, am able to maintain a higher population while keeping a reasonable server FPS. However, it still continues to eventually bog down before utilizing even half of the resources available.

To assist with this, the CBSM does offer the ability to pre-generate the map, for licensed users. Note: as the performance bottle-neck isn't necessarily identified at this time, I would not obtain a license for the sole purpose of 'increasing server performance' through access to this feature.