Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768
Results 1,006 to 1,018 of 1018

Thread: [CBSM] Cloud-based Server Manager

Scavenger
    Hi Alanine.

The link to renew the service donīt work. Can you enable it to renew my licence?

Thanks.

Refugee
    CBSM no longer works on my server since updating to 17.2 (b27.) It crashes every time I load into the game. I had to delete the Alloc fixes to get my server to work. Any idea when this will be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by BlaringFire View Post
    CBSM no longer works on my server since updating to 17.2 (b27.) It crashes every time I load into the game. I had to delete the Alloc fixes to get my server to work. Any idea when this will be fixed?
    I had this same exact issue. My CBSM is working just fine after the patch. What the issue was my Alloc's fixes became out of date and I needed to manually update them.

As a player that plays on a server that uses CBSM, it definitely is a good server manager. It is essentially feature complete as far as I can tell.

So colors in custom commands don't work like they did in A16. what is an example of using color codes in broadcast messages?

before A17 I would use: [00FF00]The Server will restart every 6 hours (12, 6, 12,6) Central Time[-]

nevermind colors are working

Survivor
    FYI to everyone out there the support team for this mod does not like helping people that much at all; one asks questions and you told you ask to many question we can not hold your pee pee. Well if they updated there documentaion it would be one thing - most of their link go no where some of ther features are not even in their documentation so how are people to get help with feature unless they ask?
    And think I was going to donate to them lol their lost as when I donate usuaully it's in the hundred of dollars but there loss

I just want to WARN people if you are a visuall learner DO NOT get this mod!!

Refugee
    we tried using this and had issues

we then checked their support for help, and the forum is nothing but spam bots and ingored questions

then i looked in this thread for information and found this nugget...
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post

As near as I am able to tell, support for this server manager is just about dead.

If you choose to use it, keep this in mind.

You are not likely to get help when something breaks.
    The service has regularly had issues with functionality and uptime for many months now.
    There has not been an update since October 2016, and not all features function with the current game version.

YOU ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED NOT TO PURCHASE A LICENSE!
    There is a better than decent chance you will not see that money again in the near future.

alanine, feel free to let us know if you make a return and decide to support your product again.

This thread will be closed until further notice.
    it is still the same
    even the documentation has last update as 2016
    https://cbsm.envul.com/change-notes/

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by alanine View Post
    ===========

Updated for Alpha 17

E-mail Support: https://envul.com/support/

Discord Support: alanine#4868

===========

Hello!

I wanted to share some new features of the Cloud-based Server Manager, which may be of interest to users wanting to mod their server.

What is the Cloud-based Server Manager (CBSM)?
    It is a free web-based tool to assist with managing your server - allowing you and your moderators to monitor and interact with your game server using a computer or mobile device. A 'licensed' version does exist however, with some exclusive features (see bottom).

The CBSM provides many ways to modify your game-server, and also to configure/balance each of them for your server. Although hundreds of servers are using the Cloud-based server manager, each of them remains unique.

Setup
    Registering and getting setup is free - and takes only a few minutes! (No downloads needed)
    Please refer to the setup guide, found here.

Player Economy (Zombie Coins / zCoins)
    Manage your own player economy - Allowing players to earn zCoins through play-time, and/or killing zombies.

Players can
    - Purchase configured items from the global "Server Shop"
    - Use them on enabled features such as 'Set Home', or the Lottery.
    - Send them to other players for trades or payments
    - Lose a specified amount on death
    - So much more: see below

Server Operated Shop
    This feature allows your players to browse from an infinite supply of items made available by the server operator. Adding too many items, will reduce trading and interaction between players.

Admins can
    - Choose what items are available
    - Choose how much they cost (zCoin)

Base Protection
    This feature prevents unauthorized access into your property, and prevents grief!

Players can purchase their own plots of land, and can then lock it. When a plot is locked, only players who are on that players CBSM friends list, will be allowed in. All other players will be ejected upon entry.

Admins can
    - Choose the cost and size of each plot
    - Choose minimum distance to spawn, to create a plot
    - Choose whether plots can be turned into vendors
    - Choose to enable a configurable daily tax for each plot
    - Choose if PVP is toggleable within plots (See: Automatic Player Jail)

For more details, see this page.

Player Operated Shops (Vendors)
    This feature allows your players to travel from settlement to settlement, and browse both pricing and item availability.
    A player is able to upgrade their plot into a vendor/shop. These have a different (optional) tax-rate than normal plots.

Admins can
    - Choose what items are available for vendors to re-sell
    - Choose how much they cost (zCoin)
    - Choose minimum purchase quantity (wholesale!)
    - Choose the daily tax-rate on each vendor location

Vendor operators can:
    - Choose what items they purchase, and maintain stock of
    - Choose how much they re-sell items for (and thus, how much profit they earn)

Pre-generate Server Map
    This function allows servers to pre-generate their world, to save performance.

Admins can
    - Choose the amount of world they want to pre-generate

Player Revival Feature
    When enabled, this feature provides players with the opportunity to revive themselves upon death.
    If the player revives, they will be brought back to the location of their death.

The revival occurs after the player respawn, allowing them to equip and prepare for the trip.

Admins can
    - Choose the to enable/disable this
    - Choose the cost of reviving

Player Set Home
    When enabled, this feature allows players to set a "home", and return to it at a later time.
    This works separately from the in-game bed feature.

Admins can
    - Choose the cost to set a home
    - Choose the cost to return home
    - Choose a time delay between usage

Interactive Server Maps
    This feature allows you to view your game world in a web browser!
    For an example, take a look at this PvE Map.

Admins can
    - Choose if online players are displayed
    - Choose if inventories can be viewed
    - Choose if offline players are displayed
    - Choose if land claim blocks are displayed

Periodic Server Messages
    This feature allows you to add as many server messages as you want - and specify how often each message should be displayed, in minutes. Message intervals can overlap.

To see how simple configuration is, see this image.

Custom Commands
    This feature allows you to create your own custom commands.

One such usage, is to send a player a splint, when the use the command /krutch
    We can then set a cost of 5 zCoins, and a delay of 8 minutes to it, to assist with the breaking leg issue of A11.

For more details, and examples, see this page.

Way Point Travel System (zGates)
    When enabled, players can create way points allowing them to return to that location from anywhere.
    Players can create multiple way points and can make them public, to allow other players to use them.

Admins can
    - Choose the max number of owned zGates per player
    - Choose the cost to setup a zGate
    - Choose the cost to visit a zGate
    - Choose a time delay between visiting zGates
    - Choose whether players can visit zGates only (no creation ability)
    - Choose whether players can make their zGates public

Server Firewall / Whitelist
    This feature allows you to enable a blacklist, or a whitelist.
    If you enable a black list, every listed country you add will be blocked from the server.
    If you enable a white list, only countries you list will be allowed into the server.

It provides "Player Whitelist" to add Steam IDs of people, you want the firewall to ignore.

Bounty System
    When enabled, the bounty system allows players to set a zCoin bounty on the head of another player. A list of bounties is publicly displayed in-game, upon demand. If someone kills a wanted player, they will be awarded the bounty.

Automatic Player Jail
    When enabled, the server operator is able to specify an in-game location to become the jail. When a player kills another player, they will be brought to jail for 'justice'. They will remain there for the configured jail sentence (in minutes), and cannot escape this location, even with cheats or god mode. Setting the location as a far-away biome, is sufficient.

When a player is released from jail, they are brought to the center of the map.

Admins can
    - Choose the jail sentence (time in minutes)
    - Choose an optional bail fee (to leave jail early)
    - Choose the jail location

Voter Reward System
    This feature allows you to automatically reward players for voting for your server on 7daystodie-servers.com to increase it's popularity and exposure. When a user votes, they are automatically provided a "vote point", which can be saved up, or traded to other players.

Players can collect these "vote points" to be used at the "voter reward' shop.

Admins can
    - Choose what items are available as voter rewards
    - Choose how many voting points are needed for each reward

In-game Email System
    This feature allows you players to send messages to each other, even if they are offline.
    If a player has unread messages, they will be alerted upon connecting to the server.

This feature includes a means to submit in-game reports to the admins and moderators of the server.

Does Envul have a discord?

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDave66 View Post
    Does Envul have a discord?
    I'm not aware of one.

linewalker is correct though, it does appear as if this is dropped again.

why hasn't this thread been closed?

people are still paying for something that has been abandoned.
    in it's day it was a direct competitor to the botman server manager.

or it is ok for people to believe this is still a working option for their servers?
    and i know probably there is a few lifers for it, that will argue it still works.

from what i remember this ended very badly, and a legal threat was made to a paying customer something something......
    don't care.
    close this thread already.

the people that had it are clearly no longer supporting it.
    i hoped this was dead and yet here we are with it back on top of the list being discussed.
    this reminds me of the old front runner tek server manager.

or it is just up to collect money from people that can not read the warnings.
    threads like this should be closed to protect players as it does or used to support 7 days to die.
    I checked into this awhile back, it didn't look to good.

maybe it is not your responsibility but it is on the 7 days to die website.
    so this is misleading people much like the recommended partners for server rentals is.
    the forums needs a good clean up.

Please close this thread.

That's my Nickle.
    Last edited by wicketness; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:11 PM.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    I have reached out to alanine, and will give him a chance to respond before shutting it down permanently.

Refugee
    Thanks for the headsup