Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: [CBSM] Cloud-based Server Manager

thanks for the help with the pvp /jail Mod SIR!!!

Hello out there, sorry for the copy and paste but I'm not getting any responses so I'd thought I'd drop one here too..
    Hello everyone,
    I love this program and I'd just recently started to use the free version a while back and really liked what I saw. I'm about to get my year subscription but I have a few questions that have probably been answered in other locations within the forum but I'll just fire away and hope to get a point in the right direction lol, here we go...
    1> I currently run a private server on my home PC and I use FRT as my SM. If I buy a a subscription this means I can set it up, get it up and running and turn my PC off and not have to constantly have it on?
    2> I mod my game a lot, custom recipes, POI, etc etc. Will they still work?
    3> Where are the servers located, I know this is a weird question but I live in Canada. I don't want what has happened in the past which was, I live in Canada, I purchase a licence in the US, the server is in Dubai, and I'm sharing it with the masses of east Asia (no offence to anyone if I stepped on toes).
    4> What is the usually update time for a new patch? A13 drops and I wait 24hrs? (not that I would mind)

I guess that's it. Ty you ahead of time for help and I look forward to surviving in a hole during the zombie apocalypse.
    Cheers

Hello Razzid,
    Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the delay!

#1) - Once you spend the 60 second to setup and then configure the CBSM, you can close the web browser and only re-visit when you wish to reconfigure. There is no need to keep any web-page, or software open on your computer.

Notes
    - You can use the CBSM as a moderator tool, to see who is online and what their saying, send messages, or apply commands. This would require accessing the application at your leisure.

- If your server goes offline for a prolonged period of time, the CBSM will stop making connection attempts.
    In this scenario, you would need to manually press the restart option from the dashboard.

#2) - Yes! Everything within the CBSM is by default "off", making it very compatible - you can even continue using FRT, if you really wanted to. The CBSM also has support for Custom Items, within the shop features.

In terms of XML changes - CBSM do not read or directly edit any game files, so those are all irrelevant.

#3) Currently, must of the power from CBSM is taken from a Montreal Quebec datacenter.
    I am actively working to obtain 'localization' for both this, language support, and time-zones.

However, even when servers have a very high ping to the CBSM, it remains un-noticeably effected due to the nature of the program.

#4) I try to respond as fast as humanly possible.

Given the uncertainty of such changes, I can't accurately comment on the future, but based on experience from past updates you can expect:

- there is an hour or two of non-functionality across the board, as everyone updates and adds alloc's fixes
    - there is a small quirk/bug or two that slips through for a day or so, until it gets mentioned (and thus, fixed)
    - CBSM features relating to new game content within 12 to 48 hours

Due the great efforts integrating Alloc's fixes (Thank you TFP), Alpha 12 remained compatible with A11.7 CBSM without much change (under an hour). From their mentions, this could become a trend.

Hope this helps! Glad to address any further questions you might have
    Last edited by alanine; 07-12-2015 at 05:51 PM.

Thank you so much for getting back to me ASAP. I greatly appreciate the response and as I said before I love the simplicity and the customization of the program so that's why I have a lot of questions but I am not 100% clear on my 1st question where I am kinda computer illiterate. So I'll ask more clearly just so that I'm understanding (again I apologize)

Right now... My PC = Private Server / FRT = Server Manager
    With Licence Envul = Private Server / CBSM = Server Manager

Meaning I can set it up, get it running for my friends and finally shut this poor computer down and the server doesn't crash on them?

Truly sorry for all the trouble, just wanna make sure I know what I'm purchasing before I get my year long subscription lol
    Cheers

Hello Razzid,

This server manager does not require a computer to be on/running any application.
    It is not a game server however, so you will still need to ensure your game server is running / hosted properly.

Consider the CBSM as a replacement for FRT, one does not require an application to be ran 24/7.

Thank you for your interest in supporting this application -- keep in mind, a license is only required for certain functionality. You can register for free, and give almost everything a try, beforehand.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much, that answers my question perfectly. I have tried the free version which has led me to this point. Wicked system!
    Cheers

For whatever it's worth the CBSM is now available for ARK: Survival Evolved too.
    http://tinyurl.com/ark-cbsm

7 Days to Die will always take precedence.

hahah i told you, you would have something for ARK soon

Tracker
    Hi,

I' m using this mod near 30 days. One word, all I can say is amazing.
    With this mod i get all what i ever want for my server. It is easy for operate and work great and fast.
    Highly recommended, There is nothing better than this in all world I tried everything similarly.
    Also alanine doing great job with support, fast and easy.

great job guys keep it up

I have been hosting 7 days to die servers since Alpha 1 at release in 2013 and can say hands down the CBSM is legit. It has made easy work out of regular tasks that we would have the admins skip about doing on the server, or simply the applications we would write to work alongside the servers.

CBSM is a total swiss army knife for server tools.

I recommend this hands down, and the dev is a real down to earth and hands on guy.

Cheers
    Last edited by Hunter; 07-13-2015 at 04:25 PM. Reason: correction

Thanks for the kind words! @Hunter, @proudcoat

Also: obvious support for 12.2 is obvious

Your welcome @alanine the tool is great, keep up the good work. My comments are not solicited, and truly this is a great addition to our server.

Leader
    Hi

Looked at this mod with my friend and we think it is awesome.

However we did everything it said and we were unable to get it to work.

A few things we had trouble with are:
    1. From where do we forward the ports from etc.
    2. Allocs fixes does not have the assembly-csharp.patched.dll we dl it elsewhere/also allocs is only updated to 12.0 not 12.2. Also do we just need those 2 file the 2 dlls or the whole lot of what comes with allocs fixes stuff.
    3. When we connect to server it says server not found
    4. When in the cbsm we go to server config and it says error in connection.

Ty for a great sm we look forward to using it. Btw we use black box servers

Leader
    sorry not server not found it says could not find server info

Leader
    Ty Alanine appreciate your help.

I have placed the mods folder in the server. Howevr I can not for the life of me work out how to see your zcoins you have earned etc. in the console & in the chat box I type /wallet & console says no command found and the chat box just displays what i typed :-(