Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cars need to respawn loot

Quote Originally Posted by Morloc View Post
    ...or, introduce the Auto Parts Store/Car dealership POIs.

-Morloc
    That would be sick, still need to respawn, especially for persistent MPS.

Refugee

-Morloc
    With the addition of the minibike and limited cars this and re-spawning loot in them would be great. make it so you feel like you can upgrade your bike more and get a decent one

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Andargor View Post
    Just in case this wasn't known: you can destroy the tires laying around at gas stations and garages, there is a 30% chance they will yield minibike wheels.
    Thanks for the tip! Didn't know that, gotta head back to town and smash me some tires...

And oh man, yes, the game needs a POI like this:
    Attachment 9819
    You could even keep the name, ha.

-Morloc
    Great idea, but i would also like to see all parts craftable, They need to make a tool or a work bench style table thats like a forge, called a lathe which you could do almost anything you need.

lathe craftable from car parts, I.e. cars get broken down or taken apart you got rubber for wheels engine and battery you can use metal to make other Lathe parts. But lathe can be hand cranked so they dont need power. They can make anything almost. The lathe when assembled should be like a forge you put this out comes that. Then you assemble it and voila engine, battery, wheels, so on. I am hoping they will add quite a few more vehicles. Once they work out the herky jerky nature of something driving in the game engine.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurox View Post
    My thought was to add more cars. There should be tons of cars in a zombie apocalypse. Unless arizona only has 1 car per apartment complex and two cars in a garage. The loot should be turned down on them and they should be littered everywhere.
    +1 both these ideas.

Good to see you on the forums again Taurox!

Reconstructionist
    What if the radiated zones were added to random gen except the cars were not all destroyed. And you had to get fairly high level before radiation suits appeared in loot tables. They could be rare, unrepairable, and lose durability in radiated zones so it would be harder for just one player to loot them all.

"Just in case this wasn't known: you can destroy the tires laying around at gas stations and garages, there is a 30% chance they will yield minibike wheels."

That would have been really useful in my past world. That was the last part I couldn't find for ages.
    Last edited by Vinyl; 08-09-2015 at 12:47 AM.

I hate joining into servers more than 30 days in progress because usually all the cars are looted. Players will sometimes run/drive even to far away towns and loot literally nothing but the cars and then go to the next. The only way to get those rare parts is to run/drive many many kilometers away in hope of finding a tucked away town far from everyone else.

This of course is problematic for other reasons because it takes so much time since you'd normally have to run it all the way to try and find the parts in the first place. As well, its much much harder on the server because it's loading all those extra chunks causing (what I can only describe as) "Hand sway" or "hand stutter" and other performance issues like running out of memory or crashes.

Simple fix, make them re-spawn loot like everything else. Or at least make them re-spawn at twice the normal time.

I don't understand why they have the game setup like this at all.
    Last edited by Aphlack; 08-09-2015 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphlack View Post
    I hate joining into servers more than 30 days in progress because usually all the cars are looted. Players will sometimes run/drive even to far away towns and loot literally nothing but the cars and then go to the next. The only way to get those rare parts is to run/drive many many kilometers away in hope of finding a tucked away town far from everyone else.

This of course is problematic for other reasons because it takes so much time since you'd normally have to run it all the way to try and find the parts in the first place. As well, its much much harder on the server because it's loading all those extra chunks causing (what I can only describe as) "Hand sway" or "hand stutter" and other performance issues like running out of memory or crashes.

Simple fix, make them re-spawn loot like everything else. Or at least make them re-spawn at twice the normal time.

Or make more of the items craftable. Madmole was talking about different tools and such down the line, such as screwdrivers, which would allow you to harvest, say, electrical parts from a TV, etc. Hopefully, there will be less RNG gods involved...

Plus the bikes keep disappearing in MP, in case it hasn't been said often enough

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by mikroorganismus View Post
    No Z-apocalypse. It was simply 3rd WW. Virus came afterwards
    And there's not much time to escape when somebody drops a nuke on your town
    uh well, if everyone was surprised there should still be cars on the streets. no matter what time of the day they nuked. look out any given time of the day and see yourself. (well if you donīt live in the australian outback that is)

Reconstructionist

Well I think its because containers are one thing and cars are entities like zombies. Cars can be pushed around, have hp that when it gets too low they explode. I don't think any entity in this game respawns its loot. Since its been requested since probably cars were first added all I can guess is either they don't want car loot to respawn, don't think its important, or they can't figure out how to make it happen/game engine doesn't support it/it would mess up dead zombies.

Thats the only reason my base is 8k blocks far from the middle and loot in pathes up to 30k blocks around 0,0.

Just a balancing issue.

All minibike parts are available from more locations on my server, including car wrecks that respawn loot.
    For some parts you can even use common sense instead of only looting containers that give you an onscreen prompt. =P

The tires you see lieing around? They respawn after a while if you destroy them.

My world is not picked clean.

With the quality system in place, it would make sense to me that all cars had batteries, wheels and lights in them, just weather they are any good would be the question.

Survivor
    I added a small engine to my recipies.. I'm considering making some tweaks cause it's a bit too easy to make..
    steel would probably make more sense for the engine block..
    using "augerParts" as a fill in for fuel and air nozzles, cam belt, gaskets, etc.

Code:
      <recipe name="smallEngine" count="1" scrapable="False" craft_time="10" learn_exp_gain="200" craft_exp_gain="15">
        <ingredient name="augerParts" count="1" grid="0, -1" />
        <ingredient name="shortMetalPipe" count="1" grid="2, -1" />
        <ingredient name="shortMetalPipe" count="1" grid="-2, -1" />
        <ingredient name="shortMetalPipe" count="1" grid="0, 0" />
        <ingredient name="forgedIron" count="1" grid="1, 1" />
        <ingredient name="forgedIron" count="1" grid="-1, 1" />
        <ingredient name="forgedIron" count="1" grid="-1, 0" />
        <ingredient name="forgedIron" count="1" grid="1, 0" />
        <ingredient name="forgedIron" count="1" grid="-1, -1" />
        <ingredient name="forgedIron" count="1" grid="1, -1" />
        <ingredient name="forgedIron" count="1" grid="0, 1" />
      </recipe>