Thread: What happend to water?

What happend to water?

I have been playing since patch and we run random gen on my single player and i only find these strange puddles no water no rivers nothing. I am a noob with XMLs but when i went looking for the biomes it says the wasteland, and water biome are not active. Is this why there is no big lakes or water bodies which used to be abundant or am i just unlucky in my random gens. I wouldnt think 2 seperate servers solo and hosted would show no water but just puddles.

Reconstructionist
    Short answer: yes. Water is essentially disabled in the current RWGmixer.

The new RWG, which places biomes by their elevation, leaves out the water biome. Lakes and rivers return in A13.

Survivor
    Until the next update, I have just been raising the fillwater for the desert in the xml, I think its like 58 or something and I made it 64 which gave me back a good amount of lakes and stuff (I like putting my base on a little island) but it does mess things up a bit (flooded streets etc).

It only seems to work in the desert though, do the same thing in the other biodomes and it doesn't do anything (and I hate the desert!).

Scavenger
    If you want water there's small ponds scattered all over the place plus those big water towers are scattered around also, I just bust a big hole in those and then there's water everywhere.

As others have said, it's a temporary situation. On the 7D2D blog they've stated they're busy working on water, hopefully for the A13 build, and at that point water bodies will be back and sounds like actually better than before. In the mean time, drinking water isn't too hard to come by, I mean you can get infinite water out of a toilet. It just makes the environment less interesting.

Thanks for the answer i figured it was something like that i was hoping the Devs were working on better water that flows and so on like minecraft, Drinking water isnt a problem yeah toilets puddles so on, just need to get the bucket out and make a pool I just miss lakes everywhere in forest biomes with cliffs.

Ranger
    I miss the lake biomes too, they were beautiful except of course when someone cheesed their base out in the middle of a lake.

Would be great to see rivers running through biomes, perhaps even waterfalls!!!!

There are lakes or small ponds in the desert only right now.