Page 2 of 384 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Valmod Pack

Dude, this dudette considers your mods to be the reason I started modding 7 Days at all. Your stuff just adds so much to the game.

You're the one who motivated me to post my (somewhat less than perfect) drawbridges mod. Not because you told me to or anything like that, but because you showed me the way in terms of making the game better for everyone.

Personally, I feel the same way: If someone comes up with a better (and less buggy) way of implementing drawbridges, I'm totally happy to use their version rather than mine.

I'm tryng it on SP right now. So far I have only one input. For the knowledge books (common uncommon, astute... ) change the recipes for those so that the survivor Notes are laid out in the grid instead of stacked. Because without looking into the XML, I had no idea how many survivor notes I needed. Same thing with tattered feathers.

@Kadera

Thank you very much for your kind words. I look forward to seeing what mods you bring to the game. The more modders the better.

@Crys416

Hey Happle. Originally I was going to do it like you say, with the survivor notes. The problem was the grid was sorta buggy with that and I was quickly running out of room. There weren't even going to be books originally, just notes.

Plus one of the books costs 20 notes. I'm not sure I'd even have enough room for that even if I wanted and there were no glitches.

The feathers I could rework around but I made them require just one stack (instead of four grids) for the sake of ease-of-use after-the-fact. Yes, figuring out that you need four might be a bit annoying but after you've figured that out (which shouldn't be too hard, honestly, its only four, not like the notes which range) all you have to do is drag-drop your stack of tattered feathers in the center grid. It's easier then putting each feather in its own little square, imo. I'll see how the response is to it. If people prefer them to be in their own grid then I can do that.

The Survivor Notes though.... not so much. My hands are a bit tied. Though I could add numbers to the books to tell how many notes each one requires.

Something like "Survivor Professional Knowledge (20)"

Does that sound better?

Quote Originally Posted by Valmar View Post

Something like "Survivor Professional Knowledge (20)"

Does that sound better?
    I think that would work. I figured out the feathers pretty quickly, but the survivor notes I had to look up.

I'll add that to the next update then. Will be bringing in a few new light blocks to play with aswell, thanks to Gazz.

amazingly good work here dude, im using a bunch of your tools and recipes on my server and they are brilliant. thank you very much!

Update: Renamed the Survivor books to include numbers to make it easier to tell how many notes you need to craft them. Thanks for the tip, Crys.

Also added a few more light blocks to the game: two fire poles and a barrel. Big thanks to Gazz for providing the code for this one.

@Bigc
    Glad you're enjoying them. Please let me know if you ever encounter bugs and I'll be sure to address them to the best of my ability. Have fun.

Refugee
    Hi there. First of all, I am loving your mod. Just wanted to let you know I did notice a bug. When starting with the Medic class, you end up with a second Class Selection book instead of the Quality Medical book. When I checked the code I saw that those two books share the same item ID. I changed the item ID for the Class Selection book to 1480 in my files (just a random number that didn't appear to have anything attached to it) and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Please keep up the good work. This mod is a ton of fun!

Thank you for the report - and very detailed at that! That's quite the oversight on my part. I fixed it for future downloads. I apologize for the inconvenience. If you discover any more hiccups please let me know and I'll do my best to clear it up.

Refugee
    I would love to run a server with this but I think it would be better if you could no longer find schematics at all. If everything had to be learned through your class system with the notes. Do you have any tips on how I could change the mod to make that happen. I'm sure it's probably as easy as removing them from the drop tables but I have a funny feeling that I would somehow cause everything to light on fire, lol.

Actually that is all you would have to do. As far as I know there isn't a single recipe my Survivor Notes do not cover (let me know if there is, of course, and I'll fix that) so you could in theory remove every recipe book and schematic from the loot xml. I believe most, if not all, of them are tied to the common and rare books groups.

I highly advise using a free program called Notepad+ for xml editing, btw, as it will make things much easier than if you used something like windows default notepad.

Is that what you're asking?

To update what I was just saying I think all the recipes are in rareBooks, herbalRecipes and commonBooks.

To test out you could just comment out all these recipes.

Add

<!--

in a line AFTER the book. Then add

-->

After the last recipe book.

Obviously you do this a bit differently with herbalRecipes group since it only contains one item.

Here is an example of what the code would look like with common books:

<lootgroup name="commonBooks" count="1">
    <item name="book" prob="20"/>
    <!--
    <item name="forgeAheadBook"/>
    <item name="crossbowSchematic"/>
    <item name="hammerSchematic"/>
    <item name="huntingKnifeBook"/>
    <item name="pistolBook"/>
    <item name="wrenchSchematic"/>
    <item name="sawedoffPumpShotgunSchematic"/>
    <item name="pumpShotgunSchematic"/>
    <item name="huntingRifleSchematic"/>
    <item name="ammunitionNationBook"/>
    <item name="shotgunShellSchematic"/>
    <item name="9mmBulletSchematic"/>
    <item name="leatherTanning"/>
    <item name="Dr. Health MD"/>
    <item name="Animal Trapping"/>
    <item name="Pottery Basics"/>
    <item name="Gardening Tools Schematic"/>
    <item name="Junk Salvage"/>
    <item name="Security Measures"/>
    <item name="Archery for Beginners"/>
    <item name="Glassworking Techniques" />
    -->

</lootgroup>

It may look a little ugly on the forum but in notepad++ that is how the xml code will look. Those colors make it a lot easier to keep track of all the things you've done. I hope that makes sense.

Also you could just remove the items completely from the loot table. That works too.Lol.

Refugee
    Man, you are fast. This is perfect. Time to get to work on this! Thanks!

No problem. Let me know if there's any problems. I wish you luck finding people willing to play on such a server. Lol.

I wonder if the class system could be added into the mod Die till day 7?
    I like the class system bit.