Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NO 1 .. Mother of all bugs ! aka THE GLITCH

The Zombie Spawn is the Biggest Glitch of them all.Its just a PVP game now

Refugee
    Ok devs here is a once and for all fix. Create maximized space occluder quads within each solid portion of the chunk. This can be optimized or even simplified by only creating occluders for chunks that are completely solid. This would allow large quads to be generated below the isosurface that would prevent rendering of objects once inside the glitch and not require excessive amounts of verts. To reduce further combine the completely solid chunks into one geometric shape and produce quads along its boundaries. So 9 solid chunks that form a large cube would only require 24 verts to occlude from all sides instead of 216 (which is still pretty minimal). BLUF chunks that are completely below the isosurface render as a cube that acts as an occluder.

Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by Klendathou View Post
    Ok devs here is a once and for all fix. Create maximized space occluder quads within each solid portion of the chunk. This can be optimized or even simplified by only creating occluders for chunks that are completely solid. This would allow large quads to be generated below the isosurface that would prevent rendering of objects once inside the glitch and not require excessive amounts of verts. To reduce further combine the completely solid chunks into one geometric shape and produce quads along its boundaries. So 9 solid chunks that form a large cube would only require 24 verts to occlude from all sides instead of 216 (which is still pretty minimal). BLUF chunks that are completely below the isosurface render as a cube that acts as an occluder.
    Nice- this is exactly what my buddy and I came up with- almost. Yours solution is what TFP should be looking at for a fix.

Nomad
    Sounds like they are working on exactly this fix... go figure.

There is such an easy solution to this problem... just prevent players to crouch and
    climb the ladder in crouch mode... if you want to climb the ladder you need to be
    standing, period ... ... and also prevent players from placing dirt/stone blocks right
    above their heads would fix the other way to enter glitch.

should be easy fix to implement without redoing the way blocks work.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by jsokolic View Post
    There is such an easy solution to this problem... just prevent players to crouch and
    climb the ladder in crouch mode... if you want to climb the ladder you need to be
    standing, period ... ... and also prevent players from placing dirt/stone blocks right
    above their heads would fix the other way to enter glitch.

should be easy fix to implement without redoing the way blocks work.
    More than happy to hear your theory on how it can be done without reworking the block placement system. As for preventing people from crouching, this takes away the stealth aspect of the game. Which I rely on most of the time. Not everyone is a guns-blazing CoD player. Some are Metal Gear fans.

Inventor
    There's a way to "stitch" neighbouring triangle meshes:

http://transvoxel.org/

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by argeos View Post
    There's a way to "stitch" neighbouring triangle meshes:

http://transvoxel.org/

OMG, imagine how cool 7d2die would be with blood decals in the transvoxel game 31st:

I mean sure, the game doesn't look that fun but if it is voxel terrain how are they getting those Half-Life like decals? Very nice...

regarding the cheat issue... I wouldn't say they haven't tried to fix this. When they switched to new Unity engine it made it impossible to just put dirt on your head, but it seems there are other ways to force your head through. Hopefully they can figure it out because it ruins secret base building in multiplayer.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyorc View Post
    OMG, imagine how cool 7d2die would be with blood decals in the transvoxel game 31st:

I mean sure, the game doesn't look that fun but if it is voxel terrain how are they getting those Half-Life like decals? Very nice...

regarding the cheat issue... I wouldn't say they haven't tried to fix this. When they switched to new Unity engine it made it impossible to just put dirt on your head, but it seems there are other ways to force your head through. Hopefully they can figure it out because it ruins secret base building in multiplayer.
    Can't watch that video it's set to private.

Refugee

Exclamation Ok the point of having a forum is not to spout hate and dislike at what devs do.

The point of this forums is to inform of issues in the game in a constructive way if you feel that it is unfair and decide to throw a tantrum like a child please just don't force everyone else to have to listen to it. I enjoy this game alot and i have about 200 hours and I don't feel the same way as you do about the devs progression as it still is an Alpha and should be taken as such. A dev is more likely to listen to you if you are providing constructive criticism. I know I would just up and stop working on it when community members like yourself are irate for no reason other than you be a child. And if you are a child jsokolic grow up the world doesn't give you everything you want when you want it.

Hunter

Its been fixed, repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by jsokolic View Post
    they never fixed it... it was here by day 1... And I have been killed trough glitch at least a dozen times...
    also some of my impossible to find chests were just found and stolen multiple times on different servers,
    my claims have been shoot and destroyed couple of times by people using this glitch, so it is really nasty
    glitch, and I hope that by making this post it will draw attention of Pimp's , and it will get patched.
    Its been fixed repeatedly.
    Was hotfixed out in A16, tho it was indeed there in the early stages.

If yer good at finding exploits then plese continue to post about them. Just remove the hate. These guys just got a full dev team 9months ago. Sheesh.

They made it worse in A17 lol. All you have to do now is go mining underground and crouch through a spot and you instantly can see the whole world. Wasn't even trying it, was just normal mining.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Jugginator View Post
    They made it worse in A17 lol. All you have to do now is go mining underground and crouch through a spot and you instantly can see the whole world. Wasn't even trying it, was just normal mining.
    Yah they adjusted the crouch height and It seems you can do this now in a lot of ways.

Refugee
    Another way to reproduce this glitch is to dig down several blocks without ladders... And dig an L shape passage. Go to the sharp corner and dig the block out bellow the top block, crouch and move forward. Dig the block in front of you while in the corner down the bottom and the same issue is reproduced without ladders.