Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Land Claim Blocks Verticle Exploit!!!

Refugee

Land Claim Blocks Verticle Exploit!!!

Hi There,

Because the sound in the game has not been sorted out you can hear furnishes and noises miles away even when buried deep underground.

You have players running around areas hitting/shooting the ground listening for the ping sound that a land claim block makes to find underground bases.

This is because the land claim blocks has no vertical limit.

Even if you dug your base all the way to bedrock players running on the ground only have to hit or shoot the ground.

The sound and vertical land claim block issue needs to be sorted out as it is a game spoiler for those doing the effort to be hidden.

Players then give up even attempting to build awesome bases because it is not worth the effort.

Regards,
    Crim

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    I agree, I don't think there should even be a sound. No point. If I'm chopping and chopping and something doesn't fall, I should know what's up. Eliminating the sound will curb the scenario you laid out.

Tracker
    Do you really have players who go around shooting the floor every 10 blocks over a 6 km by 6km area? The chances of someone accidentally pinging your base like that is miniscule and is worth the risk if it stops a new player from unwittingly breaking 12 stone axes trying to dig a single block. The sound works to stop people from wasting their time and to tell people to stay away or alert neighbors of a break in. If a person can locate a base by shooting random tiles then they can probably see the trap door or entrance too. The sound is fine.

Also a server can have lcb protection set to 999x durability and that'll take almost forever to break in.
    Put in some extra iron/steel doors, add some fake treasure rooms, fake walls, a maze and you'll be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by dex314 View Post
    Do you really have players who go around shooting the floor every 10 blocks over a 6 km by 6km area? The chances of someone accidentally pinging your base like that is miniscule and is worth the risk if it stops a new player from unwittingly breaking 12 stone axes trying to dig a single block. The sound works to stop people from wasting their time and to tell people to stay away or alert neighbors of a break in. If a person can locate a base by shooting random tiles then they can probably see the trap door or entrance too. The sound is fine.
    Not if people have multiple land claims to make a base larger.

Tracker
    But thats still a needle in a hay stack scenario that definitely does not outweigh all the benefits of the sound in deterring players, alerting neighbors, and letting others know a spot has been claimed. If i want to build near by i dont want to hit each block 100 times to see where the boundaries of the claim are. One tap and move on.

People don't "accidentally" ping areas looking for land claims in my experience.

And the area depends on server settings for a land claim block, not merely "10 blocks".

Nowhere did I state sounds should be removed. I merely was pointing out the fallacious implications you made.

Perhaps the OP was looking more for land claims not extending on the y axis more than they did x and z.

Looking into this for you guys =]

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by h0tr0d View Post
    People don't "accidentally" ping areas looking for land claims in my experience.

And the area depends on server settings for a land claim block, not merely "10 blocks".

Nowhere did I state sounds should be removed. I merely was pointing out the fallacious implications you made.

Perhaps the OP was looking more for land claims not extending on the y axis more than they did x and z.
    I dont see what was fallacious. He's concerned that people can find you... I'm just asserting that its not likely unless there are other reasons for them to look in that area in the first place. And yes im well aware of the varying claim sizes, but its still a huge map. Yes i think that is what he was looking for in addition to removing the sound but the issue then is people burrowing beneath you to collapse a base.

Thank you for the report. This has been confirmed and reported to the developers. Hopefully we'll be able to give you guys an improvement to the landclaim block. I will keep you updated once I hear from back them.
    Last edited by Grimmycakes; 08-17-2015 at 08:54 PM.

Refugee
    HI Guys,

Thank you for the interest in this post.

Just too hopefully clear things up a little I don’t want them to remove the sound.
    I said that there is no vertical limit on the Land claim block sound.
    For example my land claim block is 60 blocks below the surface on the bed rock. But when you hit the surface 60 blocks above me you still get the sound of the land claim block giving you the basic position of my base.

The server I am playing on land claim block is 5 blocks wide.

So when players run around they can hear me make food in my camp fire regardless of how deep I have built my base underground and then follow the sound hitting the ground randomly if they can’t find my base entrance.

That then gives me away.

If they could start with only letting the land claim blocks make their sound within there boundary area I would appreciate it.

I understand they Devs work hard and remember we there to help bring things to their attention.

Regards,
    Crim

Quote Originally Posted by Crimzin View Post
    HI Guys,

Thank you for the interest in this post.

Just too hopefully clear things up a little I don’t want them to remove the sound.
    I said that there is no vertical limit on the Land claim block sound.
    For example my land claim block is 60 blocks below the surface on the bed rock. But when you hit the surface 60 blocks above me you still get the sound of the land claim block giving you the basic position of my base.

The server I am playing on land claim block is 5 blocks wide.

So when players run around they can hear me make food in my camp fire regardless of how deep I have built my base underground and then follow the sound hitting the ground randomly if they can’t find my base entrance.

That then gives me away.

If they could start with only letting the land claim blocks make their sound within there boundary area I would appreciate it.

I understand they Devs work hard and remember we there to help bring things to their attention.

Regards,
    Crim
    Hello Crim. Happy to be of help! Your reply has been added to the report =] I have not asked the developers to remove the sound but have suggested that they add a limit to the Z axis as well so that you won't hear the sounds unless you are within the radius.

I have suggested some other alternatives as well that could be a possible solution to this. I will keep you updated when I have more news. Take care ^^

EDIT: After some more testing, it appears that the sounds like cooking etc are another issue entirely. So I have reported it as a separate issue but have linked the two as they create the same problem where a player can find you and your underground base.
    Last edited by Grimmycakes; 08-18-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Zombie Hunter
    Changing land claim block dynamics could have a massive impact on how people play the game. Would be really useful it the vertical axis could be defined like the horizontal. I think that the sound is a small price to pay for infinite claimed area on the Z axis so having it configurable would allow the best of all worlds.

Hunter
    There needs to be a way to view your claimed area that you can turn on and off (just for your own claims, not others).
    So that you can see what your claim area is AFTER you place the block, not just while holding it. Maybe some F Key command.

Like you can hit F8 or something and you can then see YOUR land claim protected are just like when you were holding the block before placement.

As it is now, It is very difficult to place down multiple claims to expand an area with either a) gaps because they were too far apart. or b) overlapped areas and thus WASTED areas.

The gaps are what get me; radius is easy to determine for me.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- we shopped at The Gap. Once.