Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Land Claim Blocks Verticle Exploit!!!

I can see where OP is coming from but I also think the benefits of an alarm out weigh the fluke chance of a give away.
    Even if it does give away a claimed bedrock base, I don't see and issue unless the person is cheating in some way.
    BUT!
    Easy alternate solution to keep everyone happy!
    Land claim alarm sound should be configurable by players/server host.
    Either in server config or in a UI that can be accessed on the LCB itself.

Scavenger
    Technically, because it's unity, it would be the Y-axis

Nomad
    you can get rid of the sound all you want. people can run around with a couple wood frames placing and picking them up as they run to find our LCB. If i build a base underground and have hidden the entrance well enough I consider not even placing an LCB as it just alerts people to the presence of a hidden structure. With the supposedly fixed terrain hack bug now it will be even easier to hide.

Refugee
    does this really matter if someone spots your lcb if your base is protected by it? (unless if it would not be so easy for hackers go past it). Doesn't this mean you can build your base has high/deep as you want without worry to get more lcbs for extra floors (as long as you stay within your "borders"). And don't get rid of the "ping" sound. People would just be trying to hit blocks for no results just wondering why ("is this lagg, bug, glitch..")

On servers I've been on groups of people have spent insane amounts of time going around hitting the ground every 20 paces in grid patterns trying to find certain people they were angry with. PRetty funny way to spend your time. I'm not sure if they ever found anyone, but the server reset/wiped after a few months so perhaps they learned a lesson in futility.

Same people were mad at me. So I claimed a store. I made all the walls, roof and area underneath steel. Then I filled the entire store from top to bottom with steel blocks (reinforced concrete > steel). I ended up inside a small 2 block sized hole in the middle where I kept a zgate. This was a zgate server. I could teleport in and out. I told them all about MY STORE, and the coords. They spent days augering inside only to find more and more steel. I excel in giving silly people new and funny occupations, namely reclaiming a store that is a solid block of steel.
    Last edited by Clism; 05-14-2016 at 08:25 PM.

Scavenger
    congrats you have now made every surface base vulnerable from under mining it i hope that the land-claim block still works down all the way to bedrock or we will have issues with players collapsing bases they can not raid/enter.
    to be honest them finding your base is not an issue its protected them destroying it is another question.
    also tower bases will be affected having players stack up and on top of a base then just mining down into it.
    to be honest the land claim area is fine what we need is the ability to remove it in certain area if we need to via a claim remover block only place-able by the player who's claim needs a gap made into it. to be honest i seriously do not think this needs changing. just adding more control to it might be an idea.

Scavenger
    and if your on a server where they can break into a land claimed area leave it or live with it your choise

I'm gonna throw in my ten cents here.
    I'm a bedrock baser, have been from the start. Figured why play a voxel game if you're just gonna build on top of the ground lol.
    Now, in a13, I never put down one claimblock. I based close to the rad border, and ran to hub when I wanted to PvP. That was my best base, never got raided. Dug under a rock, put the dirt back, kept digging.
    I agree claims need an overhaul. Some guy built a base on "stilts" (just reinforced concrete blocks too far apart to break into a staircase), and it was unraidable because he had the claims up high out of reach. Unless I put 8k bullets into each claim that was visible, they weren't getting broken.

So I tore his base down lol. Idk how you'd fix "exploits" like this (can't call them 100% exploits, because that's a legit game mechanic), but it does break immersion a good bit.
    +1 from me

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by bran- View Post
    congrats you have now made every surface base vulnerable from under mining it i hope that the land-claim block still works down all the way to bedrock or we will have issues with players collapsing bases they can not raid/enter.
    to be honest them finding your base is not an issue its protected them destroying it is another question.
    also tower bases will be affected having players stack up and on top of a base then just mining down into it.
    to be honest the land claim area is fine what we need is the ability to remove it in certain area if we need to via a claim remover block only place-able by the player who's claim needs a gap made into it. to be honest i seriously do not think this needs changing. just adding more control to it might be an idea.
    Considering he is just asking for the sound to be removed if it's outside of a certain vertical radius, nothing is changed. The QA even said that the suggestion was for reducing the sound to a certain vertical radius.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by armadirro View Post
    Considering he is just asking for the sound to be removed if it's outside of a certain vertical radius, nothing is changed. The QA even said that the suggestion was for reducing the sound to a certain vertical radius.
    Make the claim work upwards for the set perimeter and downward to bedrock?

Ranger
    You forgot about easiest solution - do not place LCB. Really, if your base so hidden, and only may be found by LCB sound, why you even place it? And btw, there are much easier way to find base protected with LCB then hitting ground - just running with LCB in hands

Quote Originally Posted by ColdGate View Post
    You forgot about easiest solution - do not place LCB. Really, if your base so hidden, and only may be found by LCB sound, why you even place it? And btw, there are much easier way to find base protected with LCB then hitting ground - just running with LCB in hands
    If you want to move things, you cannot without a LCB. But I've found LCB are currently broken.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by dorkchops View Post
    With the supposedly fixed terrain hack bug now it will be even easier to hide.
    Are you sure that is fixed? Because on a PVP server my non LCBed foxholes were raided in 2 days... and the raider didn't find the entrance, just digged straight down to the "treasure" room, ignoring all the false rooms and corridors.

Even digged out a chest what was hidden in the corridor floor - and again, no digging around or visible attempts, only dug where the chest was, nowhere else. Other ppl on the server mentioned they regularely see scout digs...
    So NO, the "look under the texture" bug is not fixed at all.

So the concluson for me: dig deep and use the LCB. Hiding is not enough.
    Last edited by lammaer; 04-01-2019 at 06:52 PM.