Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A15-16? Valmar's Mod Collection

All listed mods should now be properly updated for A14 standards.

Survivor
    Thank you for this been reading all the ♥♥♥♥ you got for this but I for 1 love to be able to pick only the parts of your mod i like for MY gameplay style.

I have part of your stuff, working oven and sink, Expanded storage containers (about to test cling wrap, and auto wall), Sirmodv5, minibike expansion, backpack expansion..... can you tell I'm a hoarder? lol, but again the best part!
    I GET TO MIX, MATCH AND CHOOSE WHAT I WANT TO TRY AND USE!

So going back to the main point i know who I'm NOT going to even try MOD's from even if they are the best out there, but i really love that you did this have all the mod's separated to their own little snips of code so we can pick and match to OUR PERSONAL LIKING and GAMEPLAY STYLE in a easy to find and apply format without having to dig through all your mod pack to find them.

Modders without the USER how good is your mod really? and most of us users like CHOICES not one big pack that forces you to use ALL!

So ValMar and to all other humble cool modders out there thank you so much for what you do to make this more enjoyable for us all, to the ones with chips on their shoulders a really nice and big FY!!

Thank you elpuetorro, I'm happy you enjoy it and appreciate it.

Like yourself whenever I mod a game (usually I'm the user - not the modder) I prefer being able to pick and choose what all I want. I love having a lot of control and getting as many options as I can for how I tailor my game to suit my specific wants. It is with that mindset that I do my best to snip up my Valmod Pack whenever I can.

Obviously there will always be things that are frankly just impractical to share as a snippet (like little balance changes, stack size changes, ect) but if I have something in my mod that can easily be used stand-alone I try to make a separate mod for it.

For what its worth though I have received 99% positive feedback for this style of sharing. I've only had one people ever complain to me about it - everyone else has shown support for it. Thus I don't plan on dropping this type of mod sharing anytime soon, at least not if I'm still modding the game. I won't give this up and only focus on the Valmod Pack, basically.

Possible to post the tweak where you helped me make it so burnt biome, and wasted land biome do not spawn, but instead are converted to Forest biome?

That is kinda tricky. Its not the easiest of thing to explain so I would need to share the already edited biomes.xml which means more work to keep it updated. I rather not. However I can work it back up for you - just drop me a message on steam next time we're both on.

Tracker
    Hi,

I try to install all packs downloaded from envul - https://envul.com/valmod-3174-7-days-to-die-mod/
    And it dont work good, 70% items without picture and when i try to use i see normal from other items. Maybe i make something wrong. I copy both files where you say and thats all from me
    Than i found here on forum also. Download all i need. first copy client Valmod Expansion Client Files than ValmodExpansionV2 and same thing -.-
    Please help man i love this but dont work
    20160414202843_1.jpg20160414202755_1.jpg20160414202744_1.jpg20160414202731_1.jpg20160414202717_1.jpg
    Last edited by proudcroat; 04-14-2016 at 07:44 PM.

Are you playing on a server? That would be the only reason you'd need the client files. If you're playing singleplayer you can just install the mod.

Anywho, your client PC needs to have the Mods folder installed into the 7DTD directory. If you're not seeing the icons then it means you don't have the Mods folder in the right location.

Tracker
    Hello, Thanks for answer
    I rent server from lowpingservers.
    I have alloc files installed on server. I also use envul server manager.
    I made all as you write and download all what you set, but 70% items dont have picture and dont work.
    You can see on pictures my server and what i have on.MOD.jpgSERVER.jpg

You need the Mods folder on your client PC. Install the mod on your computer. The changes do not all push from the server.

Tracker
    Ok. Thanks. But what with others players who play on my server?
    They all also need to download and copy on pc?

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by proudcroat View Post
    Yes they do

Quote Originally Posted by proudcroat View Post
    Yes like I said the Mods folder does not push from servers to clients. They need to install the mods folder on their side or else they will not see icons.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by stallionsden View Post
    Yes they do
    Thanks for answer

Quote Originally Posted by Valmar View Post
    Yes like I said the Mods folder does not push from servers to clients. They need to install the mods folder on their side or else they will not see icons.
    Thanks for answer.
    I will like to install this 3 mod from you.
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...l=1#post358117
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...523#post376523
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...560#post290560
    This 3 can work without downloading on pc or it is same way?
    And if i can, can you please explaine me how i m new with this

Yeah, they all would work without the clients needing to download stuff. But they wouldn't see any icons for the items those mods add. It would still work but the icon would be blank. Its a cosmetic issue.

As for how to install mods on a server... I'm not really the right person to ask for this. I know how but I don't really know how to explain these things to those who don't already have a general understanding of how its done - no offense intended. Its why a lot of my mods are "hey, look at this, code code code". Very straight-forward. I work on assumption that those who look at my mods or install my mods already know the basics.

One good thing about my mods however is that they all share the same Mods folder. THat is to say , the client only needs to download one thing. The Mods folder includes icons for all my mods, even ones you dont install or use. This means you dont have to give out there or four different download links or whatever. One file to cover all the mods.

Honestly if its your first steps into modding I would sooner recommend installing my Valmod Expansion Pack. It has everything done for you and can be installed with a drag-and-drop. Still would need the clients to install client-side files (which I include specifically for servers) but you wouldn't need to modify individual files or copy/paste a bunch of text here and there. Its the easiest my mods are ever going to be to install.

Valmod Pack
    Last edited by Valmar; 04-17-2016 at 11:27 AM.

Tracker
    Thanks for answer.I will save original files and try and give link all people who play