Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: A15-16? Valmar's Mod Collection

Refugee
    delete me
    Last edited by Fervid; 07-09-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Hi Valmar,
    thanks a lot for sharing all this with the community, it's really amazing the quantity you got there, and the quality as well!
    There's very ingenious ideas in there, I love it!

I haven't tried your full overhaul yet, it's on my to do list. I recently started modding 7d2d (my first modding experience ever).
    But I program a lot and work in the industry, so it's going pretty well so far.

I am currently integrating some of your feature piece by piece, to have time to digest them, and adapt them to my liking. It's been smooth so far, the main times I got stuck with no clue, was with ids stuff. Like missing a dev comment saying that ids can't go beyond a certain number, lol!

One question for you. I tried integrating a bigger feature from you, the new zombies, but failed miserably with waves of nullref exceptions. What I tried was simply copying the concerned files I was able to find. I didn't want to go surgical for this one cause the change is too big.

The files I found are: archetypes.xml, entityclasses.xml, entitygroups.xml and a couple of chunks in Localization.txt that I merged manually.
    Am I missing something?
    I noticed that in some of your files, like blocks.xml or maybe items.xml, many classes ids don't match the ones in 16.4 vanilla, so I'm wondering if that could be one of the reasons I'm failing?

Thanks!
    Last edited by manux; 08-14-2018 at 02:19 AM.

Lol, I integrated your working oven and sinks and just realized that sinks deliver drinkable water and ovens don't need fuel, this is sooooooo AWESOME!!!

I'm also trying to make something similar to the chickencoop but, making it an hydroponic indoors plant growing system. But for some reason it doesn't want to work indoors even when I had this line to the chickenCoop2 block:
    <property name="PlantGrowing.LightLevelGrow" value="0"/>

I thought this was the way to do it, it works for my other systems, not sure why it doesn't work with this one. Is there a limitation for "growOnTop" type things, they only work outside or something even with that line added?

I thought I saw grass grow indoors when making an indoor mushroom farm, before I used the hoe on the ground...

EDIT:
    nvm, I simply also needed to add this to the nest (hydroponic potato plant in my case):
    <property name="PlantGrowing.LightLevelGrow" value="0"/>

Works like a charm now.
    I am so happy, this is gonna be amazing!!!
    Won't be cheap, you're gonna need a solar panel, a battery and a spotlight to build it... (yeah I know, how can a solar panel work indoors. Well The spotlight feeds it in a loop, lol)

HydroPotato.jpg

When you loot the plant, it gets destroyed, and to restart the process, you need to feed the machine with potatoes. (Upgrade block with potatoes)
    Last edited by manux; 08-15-2018 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manux View Post
    One question for you. I tried integrating a bigger feature from you, the new zombies, but failed miserably with waves of nullref exceptions.
    Not sure if anyone is reading this, but anyways, just wanted to say that I took another shot at it and succeeded.
    I used a code merge tool to find all the differences in your files, and managed to get what I needed to make them work. Pretty cool to have some new zeds in there!
    I wish all of the new ones were there, many are commented out like Jason, Big Bitch, child zeds, survivors, etc... I guess they were buggy, I tried Jason, and it broke.

Tracker
    I read, in another forum, that Val's waiting for the game to be stable before he does another upgrade on the mod.

"Stable" is not a word i would ever use for this game. And, don't get me wrong, i LOVE playing this game now. Before, it aggravated me a lot due to really serious problems.

Right now, the worst problem i see, with A17, is the invisible "quicksand" effect i've run into. I can be in an area and any vehicle i'm on will get very slow and look as if it's digging into quicksand.

Never leave it there before getting off the server. I learned that the hard way. It's even happened in the air.

But, back to the original subject. If he's waiting for a stable version of this game, he might be waiting forever. LOL. This game is anything but stable. It's fun, it's really expanded, it's got great mods but stable isn't a word i would use to describe it

Refugee
    Hi Ive tried to install this but it crashes my game before I even get to the main menu

play you with a17 ? is only for a16