Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Tools

Tracker

Starting Items xml

I am having a small issue with this part of the tool. My starting items list is;

Code:
    <StartingItems>
        <Items>
                    <item item="stoneAxe" count="1" quality="250" />
    		<item item="clubSpiked" count="1" quality="300" />
                    <item item="torch" count="1" quality="1" />
                    <item item="canChili" count="5" quality="1" />
                    <item item="bottledWater" count="5" quality="1" />
                    <item item="keystoneBlock" count="1" quality="1" />
    		<item item="miningHelmet" count="1" quaility="150" />
    		<item item="antibiotics" count="5" quaility="1" />
    		<item item="firstAidKit" count="5" quality="1" />
    		<item item="gunPumpShotgun" count="1" quality="250" />
    		<item item="shotgunShell" count="50" quality="1" />

</Items>
    </StartingItems>
    Everything loads as intended except <item item="miningHelmet" count="1" quaility="150" /> and I have tried reentering the name, count, quality to no avail. I am not sure if it is not possible to load for some reason since we are running the Undead Legacy mod but I took item names directly from the items.xml so thought they should be correct. Of the entire list, this one does not become part of the starting loadout. Any thoughts or suggestions why this is?

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Aersel View Post
    Hello, I am new to ServerTools and I would like to try it in my server because it sounds like a very usefull mod.

I already have installed in my 7 Days to Die server the Valmod Overhaul and Bigger Backpacks.
    I tried to install ServerTools by downloading the latest release 5.7 from https://github.com/dmustanger/7dtd-ServerTools
    and pasting the ServerTools folder inside my Mods folder in my server where I have other mods that are already working.

After that, I just turned on the server but no ServerTools.xml file was generated. Couldn't find it anywhere inside the dedicated server.

I am a bit confused and not sure how to procceed.

Could someone please help me?
    Look inside Data/Worlds/ServerTools and it should be there.

Lightbulb

I have no idea, as I haven't used this feature of Server Tools...but, quality is misspelled on the items "antibiotics" and "miningHelmet". Might have something to with it, just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Drifter View Post
    I am having a small issue with this part of the tool. My starting items list is;

Code:
    <StartingItems>
        <Items>

</Items>
    </StartingItems>
    Everything loads as intended except <item item="miningHelmet" count="1" quaility="150" /> and I have tried reentering the name, count, quality to no avail. I am not sure if it is not possible to load for some reason since we are running the Undead Legacy mod but I took item names directly from the items.xml so thought they should be correct. Of the entire list, this one does not become part of the starting loadout. Any thoughts or suggestions why this is?

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Drifter View Post

Code:
    <StartingItems>
        <Items>

</Items>
    </StartingItems>
    helpfull hint....always check your spelling.....look how you spelt quality in the mining helmet and antibiotic lines

Doh, seen Hated had already mentioned it...

I was also wondering if you can start with more items than fit in your toolbelt? Do the extras go to your backpack automatically?
    Last edited by Gamida; 01-15-2018 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamida View Post
    helpfull hint....always check your spelling.....look how you spelt quality in the mining helmet and antibiotic lines

I was also wondering if you can start with more items than fit in your toolbelt? Do the extras go to your backpack automatically?
    Also this just came out...

v.5.8
    Added command to Set Home allowing players to delete their home position with /delhome
    Added second set of Set Home options for valid reserved players. Reserved players can type /sethome2, /home2, and /delhome2. Requires Reserved Slots enabled
    Added Anticheat: Zone Protection. Sets a zone to be PvE. Players can still kill in the zones but killers can be auto killed, jailed, kicked or banned and
    the victim can type /return to teleport back for up to 2 minutes after their death. If jail is enabled, victims can forgive the killer to release them from jail
    Added missing responses to chat command /commands
    Fixed /sethome and /home not working without first using another chat command such as /gimme
    Fixed some of the chat responses not responding off the chat color setting
    Fixed Invalid Item not responding
    Fixed /travel not responding when using a negative minimum value with a positive maximum value to determine the initial zone size
    Fixed Stop Server showing random player names attached to the warning announcement
    Fixed Starting Items occasionally not giving a player their starting items
    All updates seem to be happening over in this thread now:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...pdated-to-5-5/

Since Obsessive Compulsive took over.
    Last edited by The Hated Crew; 01-15-2018 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neal121 View Post
    The gimme command is interfering with another mod of mine. Is it possible to change the command to something else? I want to change it to something other than /gimme.
    Hey you can Turn it off in the servertoolsconfig if you have it enabled elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Aersel View Post
    Hello, I am new to ServerTools and I would like to try it in my server because it sounds like a very usefull mod.

I already have installed in my 7 Days to Die server the Valmod Overhaul and Bigger Backpacks.
    I tried to install ServerTools by downloading the latest release 5.7 from https://github.com/dmustanger/7dtd-ServerTools
    and pasting the ServerTools folder inside my Mods folder in my server where I have other mods that are already working.

After that, I just turned on the server but no ServerTools.xml file was generated. Couldn't find it anywhere inside the dedicated server.

I am a bit confused and not sure how to procceed.

Could someone please help me?
    1st ensure the zips extracted to the mod folder if not TURN SERVER OFF, then extract reboot then in /7daystodie/Save
    s you'll find servertoolsconfig.xml

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hated Crew View Post
    I have no idea, as I haven't used this feature of Server Tools...but, quality is misspelled on the items "antibiotics" and "miningHelmet". Might have something to with it, just a guess.
    Lmao! Great catch. Both Compulsive and I seem to have missed my fabulous spelling there....

Quote Originally Posted by Gamida View Post

Yes, You can as not all items go into the toolbelt. Some go into your main inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hated Crew View Post
    Also this just came out...

All updates seem to be happening over in this thread now:

Since Obsessive Compulsive took over.
    Yeah, I noticed that and if I have more questions I will post them there.

Thanks to all that looked into this. I'm afraid I am getting a bit old and sleepy these days and obviously my proofreading is not up to standard.

Just wanted to add, correct spelling worked like a charm lol. Thanks again!
    Last edited by BB_Drifter; 01-16-2018 at 12:32 AM.

Refugee
    I've been with ServerTools since the beginning, it has always been a good tool.
    I have been working a lot with the 4.1 and it was stable. I tried the update you did to 5.7 and it seemed perfect. You have updated to 5.8 and .... disaster: S
    I had to uninstall it and go back to my old 4.1
    Installation on linux ubuntu 16.4.03LT
    deleted files servertools.bin
    reinstalled 5.8
    Problems:
    - When entering the server more than 6 people, the FPS-SERVER goes down to 0.5fps. It remains unstable and goes up to 4, goes down to 0.5
    - Tested giving more or less fps-server settargetfps 5/20 / or 0. Same result.
    - Uninstall 5.8 and go back to 4.1
    - Server without people (350FPS-SERVER), with 5 (30FPS-SERVER), with 20 (6fps-server)

Some incompatibility problem has version 5.8

Use, bcm 2.4.0, coppis 3.6, ScriptingMod1.0, MultiblockMachines, and Alloc's

Hunter
    This goes up to v5.8 on github, yet the OP of this thread still has the link to 4.1. Are the versions above 4.1 considered unstable or beta or something?

Quote Originally Posted by survivor727 View Post
    This goes up to v5.8 on github, yet the OP of this thread still has the link to 4.1. Are the versions above 4.1 considered unstable or beta or something?
    5.8 is being done by another author that has taken over the project. You can find it here:

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenstein10 View Post
    Use, bcm 2.4.0, coppis 3.6, ScriptingMod1.0, MultiblockMachines, and Alloc's
    You might want to remove multiblockmachines, its not ready for a production server and has some issues in the version you have when placing a prefab that eats non air blocks

Refugee

sethomeproblem

Hi!

linux machine
    Servertools 5.9
    Alloc fixes rev. 315 (14_17_23) (2018-01-31)
    Scripting tools 1.0
    Coppi's (version 3.6, sep 2017, i presume)
    Undead Legacy mod (EAC enabled)

servertools config.xml
    Code:
    <Tool Name="SetHome" Enable="True" DelayBetweenSetHomeUses="60" />
    <Tool Name="ReservedSlots" Enable="True" ReservedCheck="True" />
    When issuing /sethome in chat :
    Code:
    2018-02-01T20:39:42 81.698 ERR [MODS] Error while executing ChatMessage on mod "Server Tools"
    2018-02-01T20:39:42 81.698 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at ServerTools.TeleportHome.SetHome (.ClientInfo _cInfo, System.String _playerName, Boolean _announce) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at ServerTools.ChatHook.Hook (.ClientInfo _cInfo, System.String _message, System.String _playerName, System.String _secondaryName, Boolean _localizeSecondary) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at ServerTools.API.ChatMessage (.ClientInfo _cInfo, EnumGameMessages _type, System.String _message, System.String _playerName, Boolean _localizeMain, System.String _secondaryName, Boolean _localizeSecondary) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at ModManager.ChatMessage (.ClientInfo _cInfo, EnumGameMessages _type, System.String _msg, System.String _mainName, Boolean _localizeMain, System.String _secondaryName, Boolean _localizeSecondary) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    Logger:masterLogException(Exception)
    Logger:Exception(Exception)
    Log:Exception(Exception)
    ModManager:ChatMessage(ClientInfo, EnumGameMessages, String, String, Boolean, String, Boolean)
    GameManager:GameMessageServer(ClientInfo, EnumGameMessages, String, String, Boolean, String, Boolean)
    NetPackageGameMessage:ProcessPackage(World, INetConnectionCallbacks)
    ConnectionManager:WF(INetConnection, NetPackageDirection)
    ConnectionManager:Update()

(Filename:  Line: -1)
    Command is visible in global chat by other players

Please, can anybody explain whats going on ?
    And how to fix it
    Last edited by Dobriy; 02-01-2018 at 08:22 PM.

Refugee
    Answer was found !
    You can use /track or /gimme (if turned on) and this MAGICALY allows you to use /sethome
    Dont ask me how.
    Thanks DeX!

Quote Originally Posted by elanio9999 View Post
    in CustomChatCommands.xml :

<Command Command="name_here" Response="tele {EntityId} x z y" DelayBetweenUses="0" />

x y z - coordinates (for example: -1024 59 765 )
    Elanio, Very helpful thanks, would you know a command that would allow the player to then issue a /return to take them back to the players last location they where before execution of your above example

Thanks, Ari