Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Tools

Survivor
    Hey...

Thanks for the update.

How to you enable /sethome etc?? .. i can't see anything in the config files about it.
    I did as it said. Delete all old files and downloaded the newset version. Do you have to write something in the ServerToolsConfig.xml file? to enable sethome etc`?

Using this linie in the ServerToolsConfig.xml - <Tool Name="Motd" Enable="True" Message="Welcome to Builders Heaven (PVE) {PlayerName}. If this is your first time here, please read the rules!" /> But it's saying the another persons name when you join. It's the last new person you join the server. That name it's saying in to all.

Best regards

Hjorten
    Last edited by HjortenDK; 05-08-2016 at 03:42 PM.

Tracker
    updated mod to v3.2

****CHANGE LOG****
    v3.2
    Fixed /sethome was not in the ServerToolsConfig.xml (Note: will need to delete ServerToolsConfig.xml)

The Y coordinate appears to be off in the position of XYZ. The elevation always defaults to ground level with the /sethome /home commands. I see that the GetPosition() is returning a Y value that does not appear to be remotely close to the elevation returned in the client GUI map HUD for elevation... I wonder if maybe a small math calc needs to be applied to find the correct Y value and to make it work. The X & Z appear to be spot on. Good job on the SERVER TOOLS by the way and thanks so much for sharing. If you have any ideas on the Y values I would love to hear them. Thanks again.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyze View Post
    The Y coordinate appears to be off in the position of XYZ. The elevation always defaults to ground level with the /sethome /home commands. I see that the GetPosition() is returning a Y value that does not appear to be remotely close to the elevation returned in the client GUI map HUD for elevation... I wonder if maybe a small math calc needs to be applied to find the correct Y value and to make it work. The X & Z appear to be spot on. Good job on the SERVER TOOLS by the way and thanks so much for sharing. If you have any ideas on the Y values I would love to hear them. Thanks again.
    The y position is set to -1 to prevent falling through the world when spawned in.

Thanks.

Oh ok thank you I misunderstood when I was reading Allocs Fixes for "TeleportPlayer.cs"
    https://7dtd.illy.bz/browser/binary-...eportPlayer.cs
    he said "
    Use y = -1 to spawn on ground.
    " and I mistook that to be optional. I did not realize that the Assembly "Assembly-CSharp.dll" was overwriting the Y value being passed to it and then forcing it to be a mandatory -1. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by dmustanger View Post
    The y position is set to -1 to prevent falling through the world when spawned in.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by HjortenDK View Post
    Using this linie in the ServerToolsConfig.xml - <Tool Name="Motd" Enable="True" Message="Welcome to Builders Heaven (PVE) {PlayerName}. If this is your first time here, please read the rules!" /> But it's saying the another persons name when you join. It's the last new person you join the server. That name it's saying in to all.

Best regards

Hjorten
    This will be fixed in the next version
    https://github.com/dmustanger/7dtd-S...cac4bd2e507b08

Thanks for the update.
    Since I am running a hosted server, and they have an automated piece that points to your mod.
    How can I verify that it is pulling the updated version without being able to log into the game (I am at work and cannot run up the client).

I am trying to determine if I need to put in a ticket to have them update their pointer.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LewZephyr View Post
    Thanks for the update.
    Since I am running a hosted server, and they have an automated piece that points to your mod.
    How can I verify that it is pulling the updated version without being able to log into the game (I am at work and cannot run up the client).

I am trying to determine if I need to put in a ticket to have them update their pointer.

Thanks.
    If you have access to the actual files (FTP, or web tool), you should be able to look at the version number in root/Mods/ServerTools/ModInfo.xml.

Quote Originally Posted by schwanz9000 View Post
    If you have access to the actual files (FTP, or web tool), you should be able to look at the version number in root/Mods/ServerTools/ModInfo.xml.
    Perfect, thank you. I was looking in the wrong spot. (location with all the config xml files).

I installed as instructed (3.2), initially just enabled ping kicker and autosave.
    Then today I enabled custom chat commands for the rules etc, and they became enabled, and the customchat XML was created. However, no changes I make to the commandlist are reflected in game. I even deleted the list of commands and it was not rewritten. I have disabled the custom commands in Config.xml, but they are still available on the server, but with the stock messages. I tried giving full 777 permissions to the chatcommand file in case, but no dice.
    Does the server need a restart for the changes to take effect?
    Is it a bug?
    (I have also posted this to github, sorry if this is considered spamming you)

-----EDIT

If you need access to server or filesystem, just let me know.
    Last edited by zigstum; 05-24-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by zigstum View Post
    I installed as instructed (3.2), initially just enabled ping kicker and autosave.
    Then today I enabled custom chat commands for the rules etc, and they became enabled, and the customchat XML was created. However, no changes I make to the commandlist are reflected in game. I even deleted the list of commands and it was not rewritten. I have disabled the custom commands in Config.xml, but they are still available on the server, but with the stock messages. I tried giving full 777 permissions to the chatcommand file in case, but no dice.
    Does the server need a restart for the changes to take effect?
    Is it a bug?
    (I have also posted this to github, sorry if this is considered spamming you)

-----EDIT

If you need access to server or filesystem, just let me know.
    Having similar issues getting chat commands to work. Pre-Reboot it listed the default ones when /commands was entered. After entering own wording etc and rebooting I only get it saying /day7 and /pm. Also day7 is in the list as enabled=false.

Quote Originally Posted by wonthisscar View Post
    Having similar issues getting chat commands to work. Pre-Reboot it listed the default ones when /commands was entered. After entering own wording etc and rebooting I only get it saying /day7 and /pm. Also day7 is in the list as enabled=false.
    Yeah, server rebooted after random crash and none of /commands work.
    Autokick is still working though, which is good.
    Had to setup a cron job to cover the autosave though.

Refugee

Unhappy Not works on 14.6...

Can't make it to works on 14.6

Log: [MODS] Error while executing SavePlayerData on mod "Server Tools"

Quote Originally Posted by andreagighi View Post

Looks like there might be something wrong with HighPingKicker or InvalidItemKicker. Disable those in the ServerTools config and see if that lets the mod start.

Just an idea until dmustanger can fix it.
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 05-26-2016 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Watchlist is in the unreleased 3.3

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by andreagighi View Post

can you provide more of the log? such as when it is happening such as on load, after someone joins? anyone else getting these errors? everything seems fine on my server.