Thread: Game crashes whenever I join or create any world, single or multiplayer.

Refugee

Game crashes whenever I join or create any world, single or multiplayer.

So I updated the game to 12.5 because I wanted to start playing again. I decided to make a new world to avoid any bugs and instead of loading the game starts stalling on the world creation screen and crashes after a bit. I then try joining a friend's new 12.5 map, created that day, the game loads for a bit, and then crash. This then happened again when I tried to join a different friend's 12.5 game.

I've tried joining/creating other games/maps to see if it happens again and it does. Validating the game cache through steam did nothing, nor did running without AntiCheat.

Also, as a side note I used to run the game with forced openGL, but when I updated the game refused to run at all properly (menus weren't showing up) with it in the command prompt, so I had to remove openGL, dunno if maybe it's now integrated or anything, but it's turned off on my thing and turning it on ♥♥♥♥s things up even more, just saying in case someone suggests I force openGL.

I've attatched three different output_log.txt files from three of the crashes alongside my DxDiag output file.
    2015-09-21_193324 output_log.txt
    2015-09-21_222814 output_log.txt
    2015-09-22_185638 output_log.txt
    DxDiag.txt
    Last edited by IonutRO; 09-22-2015 at 06:24 PM.

All I can see from the logs is
    DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!
    We will look into that and maybe find a solution. Be patient. Thanks.

Your problem is windows 32 bits. Because of that you only use 3 Gb out of your 8Gb installed. You need to upgrade to a 64 bits OS.

Refugee
    The game was working just fine on 32-bit before.

Well you only have 3Gb available and it is telling you it ran out of memory thus couldn't allocate all it needed to allocate.

If it worked before then make sure you have nothing running in the background. It is either something new you installed and is running in the background or you are running something else in parallel. With only 3Gb you should make sure there as little as possible using it before launching 7DtD.

Refugee
    Ive been having the same error since 12.5. I have windows 32 bit and no i didn't change anything or add anything and nothing else is running. I was previously loading game, entering world and playing. Now I can't enter world and a little window appears and says "oops" and I get that error in my log - "DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!"

Quote Originally Posted by Carini_hg View Post
    Ive been having the same error since 12.5. I have windows 32 bit and no i didn't change anything or add anything and nothing else is running. I was previously loading game, entering world and playing. Now I can't enter world and a little window appears and says "oops" and I get that error in my log - "DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!"
    What are your gfx settings for the game? Try to reduce texture size.

Quote Originally Posted by e-Zee View Post
    What are your gfx settings for the game? Try to reduce texture size.
    Out of memory.

Have you checked windows for memory usage? Running other programs?

When you hiot ctrl alt del and enter the task manager do you have many programs/processes running?

Do you have all of your physical memory taken?

Hdd full so there is no allocation for a paging file?

Is it possible you have a hardware issue?

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- we have issues.

Refugee
    No, I don't run other programs in the background when I play games, nor have I really installed anything new since I last played.

I turned off anything non-essential till I was only using 700 mb of RAM and turned all of my graphics to the minimum possible and it still crashed.

If all you have is good (files, ram, HD) and it still crash with an "Out of memory" problem then I am baffled by your problem.

Sorry I have no clue about whats happening here.

Refugee
    its the same error pinned last year in steam 7day forum and was apparently fixed somehow? When I was trying to find an answer I found this pinned in bug reports. I thought it was posted a couple weeks before I tried to enter game and I got the memory error message. Looking back at it later for any new replies, I realized it was posted 2014.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/251570...4460779442/#p2

What version of Windows is it? Could you start 7DTD and paste a screenshot of your processes as well as your system resources usage?

And win32 is for t3h fail.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- ftw!

This happened to me too. Whenever I joined a world in Single Player or Multiplayer the game would crash about 5 seconds into the game.

The solution for me was to update my graphics card.

Updating Graphics Drivers, repair, reinstall Game/Directx/Drivers and downloading 32bit did not work.

I had a GTX 260 which Supported DX10. To play other games I needed something to support DX11,12 so I got a GT 730.

The issues was then resolved. So it's probably your graphics card.

Refugee

Same thing.

Do you have any suggestions for PS4? Thats the system I'm playing on. Everything he described, I'm having the same issues.

Refugee

7days to die

Is there any new update coming to ps4 and Xbox the game have to many bugs and issues that making me not want to play the game any more I like the game it's a fun game but it need work can you guys plz fix the bugs so I don't not have to change game plz plz plz