Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BUG: Minibike disappeared

Refugee

Thumbs up BUG: Minibike disappeared

My minibike disappeared...

I was driving and when i stopped it disappeared imediately.

I tought it was fixed, but still happening again and again and again..

so boring...

How far from 0,0 are you?

Also, check your output_log.txt next time it happens and search for "fell off the world" or "minibike" and if you find an error that says minibike fell off the world then you know that is the actual case.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- our minibikes never fall off the world.

Refugee
    Hi, i belive i was very far.. can't see right now because the game is hosted by friend.
    The output_log in my pc dont show nothing with these words.
    I'll ask my friend.

I had the same today... at a game recording session... :-(
    not very happy about that!

And yes,
    Code:
    WRN Entity [type=EntityMinibike, name=minibike, id=177] fell off the world, id=177 pos=(2275.8, -0.4, 1624.4)
    PLEASE FIX!

Refugee
    rucky, thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by rucky View Post
    I had the same today... at a game recording session... :-(
    not very happy about that!

And yes,
    Code:
    WRN Entity [type=EntityMinibike, name=minibike, id=177] fell off the world, id=177 pos=(2275.8, -0.4, 1624.4)
    PLEASE FIX!
    Yup. That's the one.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbalexandre View Post
    Hi, i belive i was very far.. can't see right now because the game is hosted by friend.
    The output_log in my pc dont show nothing with these words.
    I'll ask my friend.
    Sometimes it does disappear unfortunately. I have had players re port this and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. I tell them that one possibility is that the further out you go the less stable things are...which is true and I'm sure it isn't necessarily the reason . Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- the voice of reason

at you can see at my pos, that wasn't very much away from the center (cell position 2,2)

Scavenger
    3rd bike I've lost, distances have been variable from zero zero. All have not been on roads. Came to a full stop, stepped off bike, looked at it when stepping off as has become a habit, watched it fall through the ground and off world. If you can't fix this thing, dump it. The pinnacle achievement of a survivalist, making room in full packs, much time devoted to its build, and they just disappear because of a bug. That this bug was not fixed, is not of a high enough priority to be already fixed and a patch dispatched, is very telling.

I have to add my two cents.

Single player, random gen. Just lost my second purple mini-bike in three days, and I lack parts for another one. To say the least, I am highly miffed.

I am like 100 pages behind in reading the Alpha 13 forum. (It's a lot of work plowing through that stuff, the most off-topic thread ever!) But can anyone tell me if there will be an Alpha 12.6 before there is an Alpha 13? Maybe this info is not yet known.

I would like to think there WILL be an Alpha 12.6. And if so, the disappearing mini-bike bug sure as heck better be fixed. It's been an issue since the mini-bikes were introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Spike View Post
    I have to add my two cents.

Single player, random gen. Just lost my second purple mini-bike in three days, and I lack parts for another one. To say the least, I am highly miffed.

I am like 100 pages behind in reading the Alpha 13 forum. (It's a lot of work plowing through that stuff, the most off-topic thread ever!) But can anyone tell me if there will be an Alpha 12.6 before there is an Alpha 13? Maybe this info is not yet known.

I would like to think there WILL be an Alpha 12.6. And if so, the disappearing mini-bike bug sure as heck better be fixed. It's been an issue since the mini-bikes were introduced.
    As far as I have seen there will not be an A12.6 release... they will go straight to A13. Madmole said it should drop around Halloween (then another staff member posted if it is not ready then it will not be released at that time).

I also hope they fix the minibikes as it has been a feature everyone wanted but has been plagued with problems. Investing so much time and effort into creating one then losing it is not good for the game.

Thanks for that info! I'll try to catch up on Alpha 13 thread soon ......

I found one post on another mini-bike thread that said parking your bike on a player-made surface as opposed to "generated by game" surface prevents disappearance. I only saw that one reference.

I wonder if that is true? Does anyone have additional information? If I knew how to prevent the vanishing act, I'd be willing to keep going.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Spike View Post
    Thanks for that info! I'll try to catch up on Alpha 13 thread soon ......

I found one post on another mini-bike thread that said parking your bike on a player-made surface as opposed to "generated by game" surface prevents disappearance. I only saw that one reference.

I wonder if that is true? Does anyone have additional information? If I knew how to prevent the vanishing act, I'd be willing to keep going.

When I create or dismantle my minibike inside of a frame square (meaning that is a player-made surface) it doesn't disappear, but today I was all alone in some server and went in my minibike to explore the map, I found some non-looted cars and a hellish horde of zombies, so I got down of my minibike and started shooting zombies, when I finished I looked at my minibike and it wasn't there anymore, it could just disappear instantly after I stopped.. But hell I had a fine battery, a good battery, like 30 of raw meat and a bunch of good stuffs inside the minibike storage and it was like an hour of game.. I don't know if it's a priority, but loosing 1 hour of my life trying to get good loot and just lose it because a bug it makes me angry

So, I would really like to have this bug solved. As you said before, and I have done it many times in a player-made platform it doesn't disappear at all, but, if I can't get down of my minibike because it will disappear and I am alone, how I am supposed to create a platform? I just can't get down of my minibike, it will disappear!

Sorry for my perfect english. Me want meat, meat tasty hahahaha

Refugee
    The same here.. the minibike disappear in random surfaces and not in my base

Zombie Hunter
    Today marks two months since 12.5 release. Doesn't look like they're patching 12 again. Who wants to bet this is an issue in 13...

Refugee
    Lol.