Thread: Forges not updated properly when chunk reactivated.

Forges not updated properly when chunk reactivated.

Sometimes when I come back to my base, I find that some of the forges have updated their time elapsed for fuel consumption but have not updated for the time elapsed for their production. Thus, it looks like the forge has simply consumed the fuel.

This bug has been around since A10 - I wish I could be more precise on when/how/why it happens, but it is intermittent, and will even strike one forge, when the other forge next to it - making the same items (iron ingots for example) - worked perfectly.

It happens on both MP and SP, dedicated server and local client.

Is this bug known by TFP to still be existing?

Is it likely to be fixed for A13?

Just to let you know this bug has been reported here quite a few times before and people have mentioned it in the dev news thread too.

It is caused by the region being unloaded from memory.

Hopefully it will be fixed sooner or later.

Thanks so much Matite - this one has been bugging me for ages and it's a HUGE relief to know it's been mentioned by the Devs. Oddly, I did a thorough* search before deciding to re-post this (I posted it when it first cropped up in A10) and couldn't find any such links. You don't happen to have them handy do you?

* Obviously not thorough enough though it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by OzHawkeye View Post
    Thanks so much Matite - this one has been bugging me for ages and it's a HUGE relief to know it's been mentioned by the Devs.
    I meant normal players have asked Madmole about it in his dev news thread but he never answers that particular question. I am sure he is aware of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Matite View Post
    I meant normal players have asked Madmole about it in his dev news thread but he never answers that particular question. I am sure he is aware of it though.

Yeah, unfortunately, that bit I knew - hehe. I asked about it recently in Dev Diary 13, without an answer, so it's why I posted a new bug report thread here. Given that it's been going on for 3 Alpha's now, it's something I'd really like to see, even if it's just posted in the confirmed bugs thread.

Refugee
    Having seen this bug many times myself, I'd feel better knowing that it's on the "to-do list" as well. If I remember correctly, I believe I've also seen it with campfires. It's unfortunate, but it does crimp my style a little, keeping me near my base when I'm forging or cooking. It makes the game boring, when I could be out and about mining, looting, hunting, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaeft View Post
    Having seen this bug many times myself, I'd feel better knowing that it's on the "to-do list" as well.
    Well, that's the thing isn't it. It's not on the confirmed bugs list and there's been no word from the Devs that it is in fact a known bug - and while I don't want to sound overly critical, it's been 3 Alpha's now since it first appeared (so it'd be nice to at least see it on the known bugs list with some word on it's likely fix time).

Refugee

Still Broken

This bug still exists. Not sure why it is in the fixed sub.