Thread: Server Manager: servermanager.ca

Scavenger

Server Manager: servermanager.ca

Has anyone played or used this at all? Do you need to setup a dedicated server from steam then linking it from the site?

http://www.servermanager.ca/

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Yes, that's CBSM. IMHO it's one of the best, and most reliable, managers available. It's got loads of features for the free version, and some really nice upgrades if you purchase a license. alanine has been very quick to respond to support requests, and is constantly improving the service and adding new features.

I use it for both of my servers and have completely dropped the other managers I was using previously due to a lack of features, functionality, and support.

Scavenger
    I've checked it out. Going to try a dry run with a dedicated server controlled by CBSM. The two other managers didn't seem to keep updates going.

side note:
    SE michigan? isn't that "Detroit">? Grew up in Utica/Sterling Hts. Left that state, never going back

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRoger View Post
    I've checked it out. Going to try a dry run with a dedicated server controlled by CBSM. The two other managers didn't seem to keep updates going.

side note:
    SE michigan? isn't that "Detroit">? Grew up in Utica/Sterling Hts. Left that state, never going back
    Yep, a bit north of there. I lived in Utica for a while. We're closer to Port Huron than Detroit, but it's still SE Michigan.

FRT's was my favorite, but development just kinda stopped over there, and it's missing a few nicer features. (Plus it spams the server log with queries)

Scavenger
    Quick question on CBSM, I started up the dedicated server, launched CBSM on the same computer, tried everything from localhost to 192.168.x.x, keep getting connection error! please check your connection - blah blah blah. Win7 firewall off, even put in exceptions for the server.exe file. Ports are already pre-punched (forwarded). checked the XML file for correct telnet password (cute and pasted).

*baffled*

Scavenger
    just for sake of interest - ports:
    25000-25010
    26000-26001
    8080-8081

with the latest alloc fixes.

Scavenger
    UPDATE: can telnet in with putty and login, can get to the webconsole (8080) without failure. Using CBSM, nope.

"Connection error! Please check your connection - could not communicate with game server!" is in red on the top part under Server Configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRoger View Post
    UPDATE: can telnet in with putty and login, can get to the webconsole (8080) without failure. Using CBSM, nope.

"Connection error! Please check your connection - could not communicate with game server!" is in red on the top part under Server Configuration.
    I haven't used it myself yet but I imagine that given it is cloud based, you need to give cbsm your server public IP not the LAN IP as it needs to connect from a remote server to do the admin stuff.

Hello,

StompyNZ is correct. You will need to ensure that you are providing the game server's external IP, if you are hosting it yourself. Providing an internal IP address (192.168.x.x) will not work, unfortunately.

If you are hosting from home, you can visit WhatIsMyIp.com to identify your IP. If you have already opened all of the ports, connection will be made as soon as you update your configuration with a valid IP.

If you want to make use of the interactive map function, you will also need to forward the map port (8082)
    {ctrlport + 2}

-----

If you continue to experience difficulty, you can submit a contact message, to have the connection troubleshooted on your behalf.

Scavenger
    I have tried it with my public IP. Private IP. I should have put that in the original message. Here is port checking results:

26900.jpg8080.png8081.png

ok, I started to post this and ... now I am connected