Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bottled Water Suggestions

Hispsters? What do mason jars have to do with that? Almost all your sauces are stored in similar bottles, they're actually quite common

But enough about that, I do agree it would be nice if we didn't lose the jars, I hate running out of them and having to dig up sand to make more. Of course, with the first statement, one would usually think bottles first, it seems more natural and there are lots of those too. I think being able to craft a canteen would add a nice touch for those who like the style of living off of the land; which is a viable option in this game.
    Last edited by Gipothegip; 07-11-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGraduate View Post
    ...So I think potable water should be moderately difficult to come by so that you feel like you accomplished something by getting it. To balance this out, you should be able to survive on less water.
    That is a good idea. Realistically a human can survive for a week with out any water and 30-40 days without food. If they add that into the game, water should be scarce and food rare. The water meter should decrease steadily based on a week, when you haven't had a sip of water for 6 days your meter would read at 6/7 of the total.

They could make us start the game with one week left to live or die. 3/4 of our hunger gone out of a month, and fully hydrated but it only lasts a week. Consuming one ration of food should only increase our hunger meter by 1/3 of a day. One bottle of water should refill half a days worth of the water meter.
    Last edited by Shiek4d5; 07-11-2014 at 09:57 PM.

Survivor
    When I started playing I would have agreed with OP, but one trip to the desert can get you a stack of sand which can make like 300 jars. It might not be realistic to have jars be one use only but it's a good challenge I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiek4d5 View Post
    That is a good idea. Realistically a human can survive for a week with out any water and 30-40 days without food. If they add that into the game, water should be scarce and food rare. The water meter should decrease steadily based on a week, when you haven't had a sip of water for 6 days your meter would read at 6/7 of the total.

They could make us start the game with one week left to live or die. 3/4 of our hunger gone out of a month, and fully hydrated but it only lasts a week. Consuming one ration of food should only increase our hunger meter by 1/3 of a day. One bottle of water should refill half a days worth of the water meter.
    You're neglecting the fact that we are doing alot of exercise, sweating alot, and burning alot of calories with basically everything we do in this game. You are being athletic and drink water like an athlete .