Thread: Does any Server provider working yet with new patch?

Refugee

Does any Server provider working yet with new patch?

We having a Server from G-Portal but the server isnt working with the new patch+update.
    Any others have this problem too with other providers?
    Or are there any provider which is working? We would love to play but this stupid server has problems

I use https://www.citadelservers.com/ and I had updated my servers almost instantly after release.

In your game control panel you should have a steam update link, look for that. If not contact the support team.

Preferred Server Partner Pingperfect's Avatar
    All our servers are able to be updated instantly too.

Refugee
    my nitrado server is not playable due to massive lags with a13
    my bluefang server is running just fine with a13

Refugee
    Uhostpro is doing fine

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by loers View Post
    my nitrado server is not playable due to massive lags with a13
    my bluefang server is running just fine with a13
    I first thought it was a network problem with Nitrado. I use two different Gameserver ISPs in germany. Both have the same problems and iīm sure that the Dedicated Server Netcode is not optimized and ready for playable enviroments.

However when playing a P2P session everything is floaty and fine. I hope the netcode gets some love soon as I want to use a 24/7 dedicated gameserver instead of playing P2P.

Refugee
    imo some providers have to rearrange their shared gameserver environment to reflect higher requirements

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyn View Post
    We having a Server from G-Portal but the server isnt working with the new patch+update.
    Any others have this problem too with other providers?
    Or are there any provider which is working? We would love to play but this stupid server has problems
    I am using Nitrado, having big problems

-server starts up slowly
    -random gen world got 5-10 sec loot lag
    -random gen loads chunks slowly
    -reinstall server doesnt fix it
    - Server restarted 10 times, something is terrible wrong xD (system error)

so it seems like some works better than others atm, but i BET! all dedicated server are kinda ♥♥♥♥ed atm.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by siku View Post
    I am using Nitrado, having big problems

-server starts up slowly
    -random gen world got 5-10 sec loot lag
    -random gen loads chunks slowly
    -reinstall server doesnt fix it
    - Server restarted 10 times, something is terrible wrong xD (system error)

so it seems like some works better than others atm, but i BET! all dedicated server are kinda ♥♥♥♥ed atm.
    So itīs the same problems for many. It either is the new hardware requirements needed for Gameserver Providers or it is just simply a not optimized Dedicated Server application (netcode incl.) I predict that A13 requires a lot more Server Resources than 12.5. It would help to know what hardware requirements must be met by Gameserver Providers, so we could let them know.

We canīt do anything about it except to inform the ISPs to have a look at the Server instance, if there are massive Resource Spikes causing the servers to swap memory whatsoever.

I also tried some other servers in the lobby and had the same problems. Only Peer2Peer seems to work for me and I guess itīs because:

• I have at least 6 Mbit/s upload speed
    • Intel i7-4770
    • 16 GB RAM
    • NVIDIA GTX 980

That might be enough power to host a direct Peer2Peer game. We mostly donīt know how all those Gameservers are virtualized, how many RAM und CPU they got from the underlying Virtualization Technologie.

EDIT:

Meanwhile my Hoster Nitrado confirms massive CPU Spikes with the newest Alpha Release of 7D2D and they are in contact with TFP to rectify the situation. So I need to have some patience now and use P2P for now until the problem gets resolved
    Last edited by Denebulan; 12-14-2015 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Update on Information Nitrado.de Gamehosting

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Denebulan View Post
    So itīs the same problems for many. It either is the new hardware requirements needed for Gameserver Providers or it is just simply a not optimized Dedicated Server application (netcode incl.) I predict that A13 requires a lot more Server Resources than 12.5. It would help to know what hardware requirements must be met by Gameserver Providers, so we could let them know.

We canīt do anything about it except to inform the ISPs to have a look at the Server instance, if there are massive Resource Spikes causing the servers to swap memory whatsoever.

I also tried some other servers in the lobby and had the same problems. Only Peer2Peer seems to work for me and I guess itīs because:

• I have at least 6 Mbit/s upload speed
    • Intel i7-4770
    • 16 GB RAM
    • NVIDIA GTX 980

That might be enough power to host a direct Peer2Peer game. We mostly donīt know how all those Gameservers are virtualized, how many RAM und CPU they got from the underlying Virtualization Technologie.

EDIT:

Meanwhile my Hoster Nitrado confirms massive CPU Spikes with the newest Alpha Release of 7D2D and they are in contact with TFP to rectify the situation. So I need to have some patience now and use P2P for now until the problem gets resolved
    Lovely