Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vanishing minibike

Scavenger

Vanishing minibike

since 13.6 my minibike just vanishes randomly when I get off. Never to be seen again. This is happening on hosted servers on random gen. Noticed some times I will get off the bike will Slingshot 5 or 6 meters ahead of me. I have lost 2 damn bikes with all purple parts in 2 days. Not to mention the loot in the basket. Most useful item in the game is worthless if your 10K from home just for it to Vanish like a fart in the wind.

Survivor
    It happened to me (13.6) Twice in single player naz map so not to far to run but random gen 2k away ouch crack a cold one or coffee and run.. It is a massive game brake for me. I'm so careful now I stop slowly and get of when stopped and as I'm getting of the bike it's sinking into the ground and I'm like nooooooo trying in vain to get back on. lol
    I think ill just spawn one now.
    Last edited by Tjb; 01-03-2016 at 04:50 AM. Reason: addition

In my SP game, I'm just teleporting from place to place. Two legitimately build minibikes gone. I caught one on the logs disappearing through the world, I assume the other did the same. If the Pimps would remove the player movement cap they introduced in A11, we could set road_asphalt to have a significant walking speed bonus, and then forgo minibikes until they can be fully fixed.

I have just had this happen too, I am soooooo upset about it. Finally got my first minibike, because it took nearly 50 days to find a battery. Spent my first day looting and had two huge issues.

First issue happened when I was looting a town. I noticed an non-existent road, so I avoided it, and went the other way. Found a safe spot to get off my bike. I exited the game and restarted the server to take care of the missing road issue. When I got back in, my storage basket of my minibike was empty. Everything I had put in there that I looted was gone. Oh well, I guess.

Finished my day of looting, just to drive back to my "home" and drop off my looted items. Things went EXACTLY like the OP posted.... I got off my minibike, thing seems to rocket a few feet in front of me, and now is nowhere to be found.

typing LE in the console says it's still there somewhere, but I can't find it to save my life.

Well.... I used the LE command and finally found my minibike. It was NOWHERE near where I got off from it. And to end up in the position it did, it had to somehow teleport through my house to get where it was. However, now that I have located it - the basket with all my goods in it IS EMPTY AGAIN.

This is so ridiculously frustrating.

This game is in alpha state ALPHA!

A working alpha state game is the game itself with all the basic core concepts in place (and most likely some still being developed or drawn up) allowing players the base freedoms that allow the game to resolve gameplay issues, early exploits, small bugs, major bugs, early balancing and many other issues that you wont see in a fully released game that does not state that its an alpha or beta state game. You will get this....

Lost some minibike due to bugs on my dedicated server.

Solution:

• giveself minibikeChassis
    • giveself minibikeHandlebars
    • giveself minibikeSeat
    • giveself minibikeWheels
    • giveself carBattery
    • giveself smallEngine
    • giveself shoppingBasketItem
    • giveself padlock
    • giveself oilBarrel

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Lost some minibike due to bugs on my dedicated server.

Solution:

• giveself minibikeChassis
    • giveself minibikeHandlebars
    • giveself minibikeSeat
    • giveself minibikeWheels
    • giveself carBattery
    • giveself smallEngine
    • giveself shoppingBasketItem
    • giveself padlock
    • giveself oilBarrel
    This is a good answer

Scavenger
    So tired of people excusing the piss poor execution of the game on "Its Alpha" BS. Yes It's alpha....its been alpha for 2 damn years. There will be bugs but 13 is a huge pile of steaming crap. Most of these bug should have been found with a simple game play session. Doesn't take hundreds of hours to come up with,"hey,somethings not right!" The big thing is they had time to put ♥♥♥♥ in the toilet loot but didn't have time to fix the other problems. Come on. 12 was working great,13 has great things but it is almost totally un-playable due to the massive bug issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighttrain611 View Post
    So tired of people excusing the piss poor execution of the game on "Its Alpha" BS. Yes It's alpha....its been alpha for 2 damn years. There will be bugs but 13 is a huge pile of steaming crap. Most of these bug should have been found with a simple game play session. Doesn't take hundreds of hours to come up with,"hey,somethings not right!" The big thing is they had time to put ♥♥♥♥ in the toilet loot but didn't have time to fix the other problems. Come on. 12 was working great,13 has great things but it is almost totally un-playable due to the massive bug issues.
    I disagree with you 1000%. The game is not a "huge pile of steaming crap". The reason I know your statement is false is myself and many others are having a lot of fun. (Although of course that might mean i find a huge pile of steaming crap fun.)

Well been lucky. After over playing 1400 hours I finally lost a minibike.

I did notice that it seems that quality of the engine might be part of the issue. I notice it seems better the engine the more like does do things that you may lose the bike. For example when you get of the bike will continue to move forward . I will have test more stuff out.

+1 for this,
    Actually not only in 7DTD, other games in alpha stage also having those white knight for protecting the holy game while someone yelling for bugs

someone reporting Bugs A
    white knight pops up : It's alpha games man, relexe and wait for update,so stop yelling.

someone reporting Bugs B
    same white knight pops up again : It's alpha games man, relexe and wait for update,so stop yelling.

someone reporting Bugs C
    same white knight pops up again and again : "yada yada"

Make no mistake, people should accept that the game in alpha stages, bugs should be happen at any time, But someone using "alpha games" as a excuse and abusing it? Sorry man i cannot accept it.

----
    Refering to the post, i will use spawn entity to solve this bugs too
    Last edited by sivina; 01-04-2016 at 07:54 AM.

Refugee
    Hey,

so we had this happen about 4 times in our server... just yesterday we found two of them. It seems they don't just "disappear" they get fired off in a random direction for several 100s of metres. It is almost like when you drop an item to the ground and it goes all crazy? same thing.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by sivina View Post
    +1 for this,
    Actually not only in 7DTD, other games in alpha stage also having those white knight for protecting the holy game while someone yelling for bugs

someone reporting Bugs A
    white knight pops up : It's alpha games man, relexe and wait for update,so stop yelling.

someone reporting Bugs B
    same white knight pops up again : It's alpha games man, relexe and wait for update,so stop yelling.

someone reporting Bugs C
    same white knight pops up again and again : "yada yada"

Make no mistake, people should accept that the game in alpha stages, bugs should be happen at any time, But someone using "alpha games" as a excuse and abusing it? Sorry man i cannot accept it.

----
    Refering to the post, i will use spawn entity to solve this bugs too
    You make it sound as if no bugs are ever fixed and every alpha dev on earth spends all their time sitting around thinking up pointless features for the purpose of ignoring all bugs reported by their customer base. Which is complete nonsense. Just because they don't divulge the schedule they obviously must come up with so priorities can be set doesn't mean they ignore you.

Actually Alpha 13 has run well for me all along. There was one build about a week before release that was really choppy and then the one where the lakes and burnt forest were first added was terrible but since the release its been great

Just goes to show that there are bugs that don't manifest until you have 1000s of people playing. You don't like the word alpha? Fine. The game is in development and the devs are using us as mass testers to see what manifests on a large scale that never shows up in their small scale testing. That is the current phase of the life cycle of this game and it takes months and years to finish. The process is normal. It is your patience that is lacking.

These bugs are not universal. They are not happening to everyone every time. And the poop was for laughs. These guys have fun with what they do. Lighten up. The poop probably took one person 20 minutes or less to do and it probably gave everyone on the team a good laugh.

When the chickens were first added to the game they would swear at you when you killed them. It was hilarious. It probably "wasted" 10 minutes of time to put those placeholder sound files in for the chicken and then to later replace them with proper chicken sounds but it was a funny joke.

If you really accepted this project for the phase that it is in and recognized this team for the funny and fun loving guys and gals that they are instead of expecting a playable game on your own terms you might not feel so much rage. I suggest you wait until it's done or roll back to 12.5

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    When the chickens were first added to the game they would swear at you when you killed them. It was hilarious. It probably "wasted" 10 minutes of time to put those placeholder sound files in for the chicken and then to later replace them with proper chicken sounds but it was a funny joke.
    Kewl, let's get those files back in! Make it happen :-)