View Poll Results: What do you think of the PVE proposal?

Voters
335. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I like this idea itís a great step for the first version of PVE

229 68.36%
  • No I donít like this idea we need the current Friendly Fire game options

86 25.67%
  • I donít care about PVE

20 5.97%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: PVP, PVE and Friendly Fire Poll

I voted NO.. and I will ALWAYS vote NO to taking away player options and hard coding them.

Hunter
    Definitely needed. I don't bother to play on anything but private servers because I have no interest in having my game ruined by griefers. There is absolutely no reason to allow PVP if the owner of the server doesn't want it.

I voted yes. I'm all for those being options in the game, and think they make perfect sense.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by offsuit57 View Post
    I voted yes, but I would like to see 3 total options.

PvP only, friends or not. It adds a risk to the game, in reality there is no option to avoid friendly fire.
    PvP no friendly fire
    PvE only.

Thanks for asking the community!
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    This sounds like the best option to me.
    Would someone please explain the difference between "PvP no friendly fire" and "PvE only"?

I thought no friendly fire essentially means PvE. If I fire on a friendly and and they take no damage, then friendly fire is off. Player vs Environment is the concept, no?

I'm obviously confused. Thanks!
    Last edited by adabo; 01-05-2016 at 10:26 PM.

Survivor
    Why is this being considar now? Is there a related bug or a lot of complaints? I can see that most people don't want ff on in PvE (looking through the sever list gives you that stat) so it's totally logical to just make it hard code "no pk'ing in PvE." However, in PvP, at least imho, there should be an option. I love risk! Makes the game feel real. All the grinding for levels brought the game closer to the mold. I would like to see more risk/reward action. But if the community thinks that removes fun, then so be it.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Hard coding options is always bad. The three version setup Joel supports is best.

To those worrying about griefers, your solution is a band aid, it doesn't solve the problem.

I'd rather see resources directed at the problem than having more options taken away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adabo View Post
    Would someone please explain the difference between "PvP no friendly fire" and "PvE only"?

I thought no friendly fire essentially means PvE. If I fire on a friendly and and they take no damage, then friendly fire is off. Player vs Environment is the concept, no?

I'm obviously confused. Thanks!
    Pvp. All can kill all.
    Pve. None can kill none.
    Pvp ff off. All can kill all, except friends.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fun Pimp View Post
    I'm seeing a few NOs and and would like to hear a good argument for it. I couldn't think of one as it doesn't hurt any current mode. Fixing dupe bugs is a separate issue and not a reason to vote no as this poll is not a priority list unless there is a valid reason to keep current friendly fire options.
    I voted no because I just don't really see the point of the proposal. Our server is effectively co-op PVE, as we have friendly fire turned off, because that's how we want to play. If we wanted to do PVP, we'd turn FF back on and accept friendly fire as a part of combat. Assuming we even bothered with teams. Unless there's a good team structure built in, it's all just going to devolve into deathmatch on pubs anyway...

Whether this proposal takes away from bugfixes or not is irrelevant- why waste the effort on something that isn't broken in the first place? Have them work on adding another feature instead... say, electricity...

Refugee
    There could be indirect kills like placing tnt on the door and once he is going outside use your sniper, shoot and Boom he got killed, nomatter if PVE or not. So you could also block indirect Playerkills like this or explodingarrows? (Maybe difficult)
    What I'm going to tell you is that the BADGUYS they are gonna to kill you and steal your thinks are always able to kill you, it's just more difficult...
    I also agree on the 3 Options like you guys said already
    AND NEVER EVEN TRY TO HARDCODE THIS PLEASEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Reconstructionist HPStrangelove's Avatar
    PvP friendly fire should be on.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    This sounds like the best option to me.
    Me too.

Refugee
    Other than designation of PvP, PvP FFO or PvE then; does it matter (genuine question). It seems to me this is just a was of categorising and labelling the options we already have?

I think, I'd want to play a locked private PvP denoted server based on this, and just play it PvE. I like friendly fire on, but I only play with a friends group non PvP. The reason I say, is that I like the danger requiring us to play tight when fighting hoardes; communicate properly, other wise we get rocket launchered or machine gunned, when running in to try and speed loot a cop.

So in short; I like and want to play PvE only, but I like friendly fire on for the danger element. If there are many like me who want to clearly label their server as PvE focused (PvP seems to infer you HAVE to fight one another), but like the danger, then it could matter, but otherwise not, and they would more than likely be plagued by griefers anyway.

*Edit* it just occured, that I'd have to unfriend my friends in all scenarios here to keep FF on, which would make finding them and sharing way points harder, so no, I'd rather not have it hardcoded. I don't think FF with a friends list is redundant myself.
    Last edited by Eblueaxe; 01-06-2016 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fun Pimp View Post
    I'm seeing a few NOs and and would like to hear a good argument for it. I couldn't think of one as it doesn't hurt any current mode. Fixing dupe bugs is a separate issue and not a reason to vote no as this poll is not a priority list unless there is a valid reason to keep current friendly fire options.
    I voted no. please keep a friendly fire option so i don't have to de-friend my friends to kill them. Honestly though, I really want a full friendly fire mode so if people make mistakes and shoot their friends they get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by offsuit57 View Post
    i voted yes, but i would like to see 3 total options.

Pvp only, friends or not. It adds a risk to the game, in reality there is no option to avoid friendly fire.
    Pvp no friendly fire
    pve only.

Thanks for asking the community!

^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^

Zombie Hunter
    I support hard coding it.
    A pve server is something we don't have today.

The other options are what we have.

It just removes that redundancy out of the system.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Pvp. All can kill all.
    Pve. None can kill none.
    Pvp ff off. All can kill all, except friends.
    Thank you. Straight and to the point, makes perfect sense to me.