View Poll Results: What do you think of the PVE proposal?

Voters
335. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I like this idea itís a great step for the first version of PVE

229 68.36%
  • No I donít like this idea we need the current Friendly Fire game options

86 25.67%
  • I donít care about PVE

20 5.97%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: PVP, PVE and Friendly Fire Poll

Scavenger
    I voted no.

Here is a legit reason:

If I'm on a PVE server and someone comes to my house and starts chainsawing my door and then comes in and breaks open my chests, I have no way to stop them.

Also this is not a game for carebears.

Survivor
    The option to turn off FF ought to exist for players and hosts because, for no other reason than, you cannot always choose who you get to play MP with. For those who always play only with their friends or some standard known group or on a password protected private server, it isn't a problem at all. For those who don't, it only takes one prick ten minutes to ruin the game for everyone on the server who may want to only play PVE. Therefore the option ought to be there if the goal is to make the game inclusive to all players and every style of play. If it isn't, some will necessarily be excluded from doing what they prefer.
    Last edited by Axe; 01-06-2016 at 01:47 AM.

I don't particularly have any opinion on this, really. I only play this game either in SP or in MP with 1 friend in co-op, so an extra checkbox is not something I give much thought, and player griefing is something I'll never experience with this model.

So.. guess I'll just not vote as I'm ok with it either way

Survivor
    Completely removing the ability to kill players (even friends) takes away from the whole zombie survival experience and sometimes blasting away at friends is fun. We've had instances where we are blasting away at hordes and accidentally kill a player for getting too close, makes you think instead of blindly running into friendly fire. FF at any level should be at the discretion of the individual server communities. It's also helped us get players out of bugged areas and without admins on 24/7 the player will have to wait for someone to use the kill command.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypsse View Post
    without admins on 24/7 the player will have to wait for someone to use the kill command.
    That's why I made a recipe to turn an empty jar (who doesn't have jars?) into broken glass.
    Do go into the light!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CypressXM View Post
    If I'm on a PVE server and someone comes to my house and starts chainsawing my door and then comes in and breaks open my chests, I have no way to stop them.
    On a PVE server the claim modifier should be infinite so that person should be chainsawing that door for a long time.

Actually it is a game for many kinds of players, including huggycute carebears. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    On a PVE server the claim modifier should be infinite so that person should be chainsawing that door for a long time.
    That's a good point. If and when they choose to develop the PVE aspect, they have to make sure they can prevent most/all type of PVP, not just damage from weapons.

Can we redo the poll and add an option speaking to that?

That, too, would need some rebalancing / modding because for typical "ground" blocks like stone, the claim modifier is capped and ignores the server setting.

Your door may be intact but what if someone undermines your base...?

I voted no.

Here is a legit reason:

This is the only problem I can see with the PvE settings being changed.

Also I agree with you on the "carebears" part. However, if that's how you feel you should be playing on PvP servers instead

Survivor
    ...Also this is not a game for carebears.
    Proof that it is sometimes for some players.

Quote Originally Posted by Layn Brylee View Post
    I play PvE exclusively and I voted no. Most of my co-op games have the FF on as an added challenge, but I switch it off if I am playing with the kids. My kid is isn't mature enough to understand the concept of muzzle awareness, but enjoys blasting zeds and building bases. I like having the option to switch.

I voted no.

Here is a legit reason:

I second this. I could just walk into someones house all bill cosby style and just take them for what they are worth while i say "shhhh, go to sleep." lol

I do not quite understand what you mean because of the translation but in my opinion think friendly fire settings need better.
    it's all very confusing.

*first, there are players who just want to play against the game.
    *Second: there are players who want to compete with other players for resources / etc
    *third, friends who want to have more fun without hurting each other

there is not much of pvp in 7 days to die so was my experience but is extremely bad when it occurs. there are some points as the spawn
    spawn is really bad as all the rest not. when you have your bed there are only two choices between being born near it or around it. one interesting thing would be a nearest respawn death around 0.5 ~ 0.7km and the other option to be born at home.

back to issues of the options friendly fire, there is only one option that would please all, I imagine.
    the mod implemented in gta v is called "passive mode"
    where the player chooses among interact with other players or not
    in doing so she is safe but is prevented from hurting other players

that serious very nice, unless people queram settings thousands to please the three guys up text.

the other option would be to create game modes to suit all

pve where players can not kill other players.
    one pvp mode where players can kill
    and creative that would have the friendly fire options on / off

anyway I admit it that both the current options, and above this are bad
    always at some point someone will become disadvantaged
    is the guy who wants to play with AI
    or guy who wants to kill humans
    or clumsy friends who can kill each other ...

TFP has a long way. I hope to make the decision for all, not by a minority or a majority.

Hunter
    I read through this post and there is every combination of idea here - so I'm not really adding anything:

I vote for there being a single option with three mode:

PVE - no player killing
    FF Off - just cant kill teammates
    FF On - kill anyone (maybe with a small damage decrease)

Colony Founder
    I think its fine but definitely need some safeguards to prevent griefers and such. On past PVE servers I played, the land claim blocks were actually set to a pretty large zone simply to prevent as Gazz mentioned, people from undermining bases and collapsing them. But that kinda made it rather iffy since it meant that entire zones of so called harvestable materials were only accessible by the land claim owner.

Hunter
    I voted yes, however, I realized after that a PVE server won't be able to stop griefing from taking place. Griefers will either destroy what other people make, or if they can't destroy it, they'll surround it with other things people can't destroy because of the immunity. People will still create terrain traps to kill people indirectly.

So pve mode would only be useful for people that are playing with others they trust, but forget to add to their friends list for FF off to protect in the current mode. That doesn't seem very useful, unless pve mode simply forces everyone into being friends, keeping the same FF functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
    I read through this post and there is every combination of idea here - so I'm not really adding anything:

I vote for there being a single option with three mode:

PVE - no player killing
    FF Off - just cant kill teammates
    FF On - kill anyone (maybe with a small damage decrease)
    I'm also voting for the abovementioned 3 optiins.