View Poll Results: Has your minibike disappeared?

Voters
515. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've never once lost a minibike.

73 14.17%
  • Yes. It has happened rarely.

170 33.01%
  • Yes it happens frequently.

207 40.19%
  • Yes. Every bike I make disappears

65 12.62%
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappearing Minibikes: Your help needed

Refugee
    I have found all my minibikes that have disappeared on very weak hp blocks, so far they've gone off sand (dug down and found it about 6 blocks below surface with the engine on), destroyed stone (couldn't find it at all) and grassy land- this being the most common sometimes it just disappears other times its just moved, now when ever I get off my bike to loot I put the headlights on, if I loot somewhere i remove the battery and if im at base or logging off i pack it up

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Andargor View Post
    From constantly losing it on dedi servers, I haven't lost one since a couple versions ago. Extensively driving around, looting towns, parking on dirt, no issues.

Well, I do lose them, that's when a crack in the world appears and I fall through with the bike. I quit, and when I come back the bike is gone.

But there's hope...
    if you fall through the mesh stay on your bike it puts you back on solid ground eventually the console will read something like player xxxx stuck trying to unstick them

Refugee

High jumps

Our minibike was having a fit after jumping from a great height. Bike.jpg

Refugee

Talking bike bug may related to surface bug

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Hi folks!

The Fun Pimps are asking for your help. They are looking for a way to consistently reproduce the disappearing minibike bug. The minibikes cannot be those spawned in through the console but must be those assembled normally in the game. So if you want to test this out for the pimps you can give yourself the mats through the creative menu but you need to actually assemble the minibike normally. If you are able to find a consistent method of reproducing this bug make a detailed list and/or a video detailing your method and post it here.

Thank you.

Summary: the disapearing bike could concern to the ground-bug, sometimes the character just "fall" in a grey "nothing" while digging, so the bike do and is trapped in this grey world. And therefore it may not be reproducable, because you don't know where a buggy surface is waiting.
    What happens that a Minibike is disapearing could be that: If you get off the minibike NOT breaking to stand, lets say just type "e", the bike still runs a bit on its own and at the same time you quickly "run" with your charactar, the bike seems to drive just one step underground, if there is a thin layer of the ground at this place or something buggy with the surface that is sometimes a problem while digging in the dirt and e.g. a layer just remains in the air.
    I found a minibike again because I heard a slightly buzzing sound - turning my speakers louder I could lokate the minibike, I saw a bit of the handlebars shining throug the ground and just digg it free. The sound came from still running engine. Once I get off my bike the bike was still slowly running and I was not able to mount it, had to restart the game.

First I thought the bug is related to some items you carry in the basket. Lets say you hunted a animal and leave the bones and rotten flesh on the ground, the thing dissapear in a certain time. What if you carry some stuff like bones in the basket and when it supposed to be dissapearing in normal, your minibike goes with it just as you get off the bike. But now I dont think so.

I hope this helps in some way. Please keep teh bike in the game its awesome even with bug!!
    Last edited by 8days2die; 09-03-2016 at 02:08 PM.

Refugee

Mini Bike lost

So I played the game legit:

I manually collected all the materials for the bike. Book, leather, etc. I had been warned that this bug existed and that you need to store your bike on player made blocks to prevent loss so that's what i did at home or when i ran to a town to loot it.

However i take it out hunting and putting it on blocks when you stop to shoot a deer is just ridiculous.

So i stopped to shoot a deer and left my bike on the paved road, killed it first shot with the hunting rifle ran over ( just off the road into the grass ), skinned it, ran back and the bike was gone... i left it for under a minute....

hope this helps

Refugee

Bikes keep disappearing

Twice in one day

Temporary fix.

If server reports "bike fell off the world" then
    spawn a bike of 500 quality to the same location.

Refugee

Minibike disappeared on private server

Got a private server set up, latest version.

Drove minibike along a road in a "burned" section. Came up upon a hill but decided to stop and loot some stuff.
    Pressed space to stop, then pressed e to dismount. When I looked around I noticed the minibike was gone. Hill was about 20-30 blocks away.
    After a few minutes search around in the area I noticed the sever was lagging and I ended up dying. Respawn at bed and ran to the spot where I died with no lag. When I came near the spot where I died and lost the bike the client lagged badly again and I noticed the server spewed out error messages like this:
    (Filename: Line: 170)

Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Enemies/hornet_730/GameObject/Graphics/Model/HornetPrefab/root/thorax/head"

(Filename: Line: 170)

Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Enemies/burntzombie_13410/GameObject/Graphics/Model/zombieStandardBurntRagdoll/Origin/Hips/Spine/Spine1/Spine2/Spine3/LeftShoulder/LeftArm/LeftArmRoll"

I restarted the server but the error messages kept popping up. A total of 12.722 lines of these messages was logged. A uniqe sort of all these lines:
    Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Backpack/Backpack_13310/Graphics/Model/backpack_droppedPrefab"
    Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Enemies/burntzombie_13410/GameObject/Graphics/Model/zombieStandardBurntRagdoll/Origin/Hips/Spine/Spine1/Spine2/Spine3/LeftShoulder/LeftArm/LeftArmRoll"
    Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Enemies/burntzombie_13412/GameObject/Graphics/Model/zombieStandardBurntRagdoll/Origin/Hips/Spine/Spine1/Spine2/Spine3/LeftShoulder/LeftArm/LeftArmRoll"
    Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Enemies/burntzombie_13413/GameObject/Graphics/Model/zombieStandardBurntRagdoll/Origin/Hips/Spine/Spine1/Spine2/Spine3/LeftShoulder/LeftArm/LeftArmRoll"
    Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Enemies/burntzombie_13416/GameObject/Graphics/Model/zombieStandardBurntRagdoll/Origin/Hips/Spine/Spine1/Spine2/Spine3/LeftShoulder/LeftArm/LeftArmRoll"
    Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Enemies/burntzombie_13417/GameObject/Graphics/Model/zombieStandardBurntRagdoll/Origin/Hips/Spine/Spine1/Spine2/Spine3/LeftShoulder/LeftArm/LeftArmRoll"
    Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Enemies/burntzombie_13418/GameObject/Graphics/Model/zombieStandardBurntRagdoll/Origin/Hips/Spine/Spine1/Spine2/Spine3/LeftShoulder/LeftArm/LeftArmRoll"
    Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Enemies/hornet_730/GameObject/Graphics/Model/HornetPrefab/root/thorax/abdomen"
    Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Enemies/hornet_730/GameObject/Graphics/Model/HornetPrefab/root/thorax/head"

Log file starts at 2016-09-23T21:48:57 0.085 and stops at 2016-09-23T21:52:45 when I killed the server.
    Ended up starting up a new random gen map instead of Navezgane.

Tracker
    First bike in A15 (experimental as well) went 55 days without the book. Got it Day 1. Building bike day 8. Disappears. Sigh. Back to cheat mode

Refugee

A15 stable bike vanish

A15 stable public pvp server. approx day 40. noon. rainy.

sat 7pm california time. a bit laggy- maybe skips back 0.5 sec every min or so. standard for this time of day.

riding on bike loaded w supplies. hop off to loot car. walking back to bike. bike *pop* vanishes.

lost a lot of stuff.

sometimes bike just drops down 1 or 2 voxels, you can see the tip poking out of road. so i dug strait down to bedrock, went sideways, looked up, no bike anywhere.

1) bikes still vanish
    2) we can still stand in 2vox tunnels and look up through earth
    3) forges still lock- wont melt mats

lost a week of supplies. gunna ragequit for a few days. i'll come back soon. i always do~

=)

Originally Wallasey, UK now Los Angeles, USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by herrpohl View Post
    You can activate the minibike marker in the entityclasses.xml:

Code:
    <!-- uncomment to have minibikes show on the map
    <property name="MapIcon" value="ui_game_symbol_minibike" />
    Sorry, I'm being dense.

I couldn't figure out how to "uncomment" this. I looked for any other similar reference and there is one for the player arrow:

<!-- If set this entity shows on the map -->
    <property name="MapIcon" value="ui_game_symbol_map_player_arrow" />

Each looks the same to me except for the -->. I added that for the minibike comment but still see nothing showing (despite me having a backup bike, one I thought I had lost during a game freeze, for the one which just disappeared). Am I missing something?

Cheers.

Edit: Ah, never mind, I did do it correctly. I found my bike on the roof of the garage next to my farmhouse base. After retrieving the parts and building a new one, I now see the bike showing on the map. Thanks.
    Last edited by Michlo; 10-10-2016 at 04:25 AM.

edit: A15 B105 stable - Random Gen

OK, here is one that I'm not sure what to call it Maybe " Vanish in plain sight "

Just got my bike, went to pickup airdrop / all good ... coming back to base - ran into the EDGE of water / bike stop ... took it apart as normally you have to do ... put it back on the ground ... put it back together again and refueled ... I SEE it sitting there in front of me as a complete bike ... [ but the game says you have only a frame when you hit E to interact with bike ... parts are missing ] their not in my inventory - but somewhere in limbo ...
    The game owes me a bike / I guest and thank goodness for it ... time to go CM menu and get a replacement
    Last edited by gpcstargate; 10-11-2016 at 09:06 PM.

Refugee
    It has only happeded to me once. However I have only built 2. It happened, when i left it by a bridge near a gas station, and then, went down to whats now the trailer park and looted and slpet there for a night. I came back in the morning, and it was gone. Mind you it may well have been destroyed by a zombie.

Roids

I just had my first Minibike disappear! playing on my own Dedicated Server A15. Had parked it down at bedrock (-57m) in a cave straight underneath my base(Built on/under an Army Barracs POI) It was left down there on morning day 29 or 30 and it's disappeared when I went down to use it at day 31. No Zombies around and everything else down there totally unharmed.

(Edit. Random Gen world, and when I enabled the minibike mapmarker, it shows to be there where it should be, but nothing is visible.

Found it!
    It had moved upwards from -57m to -47m and was totally embedded inside solid rock.
    Last edited by -Holo-; 10-16-2016 at 06:50 PM. Reason: More info added.

I can make it were you constantly will fall through the earth.

Make a 1 wide tunnel on bedrock (not sure if bedrock is necessary).
    Drive your bike into the tunnel.
    Get off bike.
    You will fall through the earth and on restarting game you will be on the surface.