View Poll Results: Has your minibike disappeared?

Voters
515. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've never once lost a minibike.

73 14.17%
  • Yes. It has happened rarely.

170 33.01%
  • Yes it happens frequently.

207 40.19%
  • Yes. Every bike I make disappears

65 12.62%
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappearing Minibikes: Your help needed

I think it's related to the invisi pig thing and the other stuff being there but not showing.
    So it's probably still there, you just don't see it.
    I haven't had any disappear on me so, i don't know how to reproduce that, but i always put them inside a poi so...

Zombie Hunter
    Unusual elevation changes at diagonals is already screwy. As anyone who has mined diagonal tunnels can attest. That would be somewhere I'd focus on testing if we are looking to see if uneven terrain can cause this issue.

Its only happened to me a few times but the bike disappears immediately after I dismount from it. My guess is the bike dips below the surface of the terrain and wants to fall but can't because the player is preventing it. At least until the player steps off the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by KeiraR View Post
    I think it's related to the invisi pig thing and the other stuff being there but not showing.
    So it's probably still there, you just don't see it.
    I haven't had any disappear on me so, i don't know how to reproduce that, but i always put them inside a poi so...
    When I lost my minibike I had that assumption too. But I punched all around the stair where I parked it and it was definitely gone, not just invisible.

When they are gone, they are gone.
    The server (or SP) logs would show it falling through the world.

If it still shows up with a "listentities" it fell to some lower level.

Ranger
    In my case, I lost my minibike several times in a13 is the bike not vanished, it's under the earth. Try to go into developer-mode (console "dm" enter) click "g" for flying and go under the earth (c). Mostly there is a cave-system under the bike and you can find it there. For better finding I set some wood-frames near the parking place to find the exact place.

Dude, your PM box is full. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Roland
    Madmole downloaded your region file but he is not sure what to do. Could you give exact repro steps for SP?
    http://imgur.com/a/pKwjb

See the encircled positions, especially on the 3rd and 4th image.

Park minibikes there.

Leave until the chunk unloads.

Return.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Dude, your PM box is full. =P

http://imgur.com/a/pKwjb

See the encircled positions, especially on the 3rd and 4th image.

Park minibikes there.

Leave until the chunk unloads.

Return.
    Thanks. I'll clear my box.

Scavenger
    I was not able to make one bike vanish in my local Survival MP

Survival MP (Creative on) Local game
    Seed: Testseed01
    Steps taken:
    - I spawned, opened up the creative menu and put the bike parts into my inventory.
    - I placed the chassis on uneven burnt forest floor and assembled the bike.
    - I drove around a bit and parked it in uneven terrain inside the burn forest biome (1111N, 1862E).
    - I headed east to 2.5k east to leave the chunk
    - I logged out of the game and back in again via "continue game". I did not close the game.
    - I returned to the bike and it still was there
    - I mounted the bike changed some parts and drove off to N3746 E3673
    - there i spawned more bikes and build some blocks to put them on
    - I left the chunk, returned and no bike vanished.
    - I tried to sink some in a lake by dismounting while diving headfirst into the water,
    they started to shake and were beamed to a place outside of the water.

I have some screenshots but my test failed so i have no idea if they are useful.

Lol just had my bike fall through the earth a few mins ago while i was driving it i cant really say what happened i simply fell but here is another painful mini bike bug that can be recreated 100% guarantee the mini bike basket erasing its self every time you log out.

My bike disappeared only once, when I put it inside wood frames to protect it. Iirc when I left it the bike's front tire was partly inside one of the wood frames so probably the interaction between the two made the bike disappear. Ever since I make sure not to leave the bike too close to walls/other objects and it has never disappeared again.

While they are looking at the minibike, can they fix the navigation system on it please?
    It's really annoying to have to get off to look at the map.
    Or is there a key i'm missing that shows the map while on the bike or something?

Quote Originally Posted by KeiraR View Post
    While they are looking at the minibike, can they fix the navigation system on it please?
    It's really annoying to have to get off to look at the map.
    Or is there a key i'm missing that shows the map while on the bike or something?
    Definitely, and I'd also like to see the compass markers follow the player's pov angle instead of the bike's angle.

Quote Originally Posted by baird 888 View Post
    Lol just had my bike fall through the earth a few mins ago while i was driving it i cant really say what happened i simply fell but here is another painful mini bike bug that can be recreated 100% guarantee the mini bike basket erasing its self every time you log out.

I think it's not erasing itself, but more so replacing the contents with previous contents. I had forgot I left stuff in mine for a few days. After that, those contents would continue to show up again, often replacing the current contents. Eventually I removed the basket and saw the same phantom contents explode all over the map even though I had just emptied it again.

Another thing I do know is that I remove the tires everytime I get off mine, and the only times I have lost a minibike parked was when I forgot to remove the tires. Seems there is a difference between it being a completed bike, and one still in progress of being assembled.

Minibike parked on Bedrock. Been there a while now. So far haven't lost it. It'll be coming up close to a record for me I reckon.