Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Project Slaanhatten

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrook View Post
    Hey Slaan, watching your tutorials videos and they are a great help to prefabbing newbie.

Just wanted to know if are you okay with us stealing bits out of your masterpieces to work into larger prefabs?

I'm working on a map with some big prefabs to fill out for an experiment, easier to borrow from vanilla and elsewhere
    than remaking the wheel for some sections.

Obviously if it turns out good enough , will share here and acknowledge sources.
    The whole point of the prefab pack is to be there as a resource for people to use however they want, if you produce some similar stuff that you want to share Im more than happy to include that too. Always interested in seeing what other people are doing and how they use things so knock yourselves out!.

Thanks and Salute!

Zombie Hunter
    It's been a while but I think I'm long overdue an update, preping the map for A18 so no downloads until it drops but here's a teaser for what you can expect.

Nice!

Amazing work slaan! Been away from forums for a while. Glad to see slaanhatten going strong

Pille approves.

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Laz Man View Post
    Amazing work slaan! Been away from forums for a while. Glad to see slaanhatten going strong
    There's been plenty of frustration, but by starting fresh I've been able to do things proper this time around and the whole map is made from parts of the prefab pack which is pretty reuseable.

There's still plenty space to drop down a prison...

Quote Originally Posted by Slaan View Post
    There's been plenty of frustration, but by starting fresh I've been able to do things proper this time around. and the whole map is made from parts of the prefab pack which is pretty reuseable.

There's still plenty space to drop down a prison...
    I see wyd there lol...also, I noticed my Galleria is alive and kicking still in your video lol.

Zombie Hunter
    I see wyd there lol...also, I noticed my Galleria is alive and kicking still in your video lol.
    what can I say old habits die hard and I'll be honest, while they could do with being brought upto date with the newer blocks etc they still look as good now as when I first started using them.... nearly 3 years ago lol

Quote Originally Posted by Slaan View Post
    what can I say old habits die hard and I'll be honest, while they could do with being brought upto date with the newer blocks etc they still look as good now as when I first started using them.... nearly 3 years ago lol
    I appreciate that. Definitely looking to get back into it. Been watching your tutorial videos on youtube so I can get back up to speed on the ingame prefab editor. Can you point me to a list of all of the shortcut keys? That will help me tremendously. 😅

Zombie Hunter
    I appreciate that. Definitely looking to get back into it. Been watching your tutorial videos on youtube so I can get back up to speed on the ingame prefab editor. Can you point me to a list of all of the shortcut keys? That will help me tremendously. 😅
    The basic controls are more or less the same as the older versions of the built in editor we could get the hacky DLL for if you ever used some of the early versions of that , othrwise just press escape and check the help menu there for the basics. Got a bunch of videos on the editor itself, outside of the map edits i do in paint.net im pretty much 100% in game now the way it should be, it's so much better these days.

The selection box is all - it's the Prefab masters lightsaber, probably the only thing to really practise with otherwise the rest of the editor now is just easy to use where it used to be an absolute ♥♥♥♥ around to have to learn a third party editor, it's features and especially having to rely on other people to carry work between versions... im sure im gonna run into a wall headfirst at some point but so far there have been no barriers, a few bugs and wonky bit here and there, but i pretty much build what I want how I want to now and it couldn't be better.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of the editor,

How to shamelessly steal someones work to save time, use it as a starting point and end up with something totally differnt, enjoying the best of both.

Zombie Hunter
    OP has been updated with new links.

Project Slaanhatten - new cusom map, treat this as WIP and hopefully learn from some of my mistakes it's not all bad and there's some brillant stuff to see but... you'll know what I mean

Prefab Pack v3 - Theres around 200+ random prefabs to throw around your map via the world editor

The plan was to hold onto this till 18 but as we still have some time yet and I've made huge amounts of progress I thought it probably better to see 17 out with a bang and use the feedback to roll with some new ideas in 18.

Feedback whether it's good, bad or ugly is not just welcome but strongly encouraged

I'd have liked to do a feature release video but that will have to wait for the time being.

Hi Slaan, how is it going? Curious how somebody can be of any help. Its a mammoth project. What about setting up a server, I dont mind donating monthly fee, where people get assigned tasks for helping you out?

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    Hi Slaan, how is it going? Curious how somebody can be of any help. Its a mammoth project. What about setting up a server, I dont mind donating monthly fee, where people get assigned tasks for helping you out?
    This is still me toying with ideas mainly, slowly building the prefab pack up. Gotta remember everything used on the map with few exceptions can be recycled or used again as the starting point for something new. If people really wanna help out, get building those prefabs... thats what takes so long, having to build pretty much most of the props from scratch before being able to place them.

I'd challange people to go back through their creations and tear them down into re-useable pieces, pretty much every custom prefab I've seen on this forum has some cool little props contained within and it's having access to a library of these that really speeds up fleshing out a themed area within a map.

I pushed further with this map than I expected, but it's still mainly a whole bunch of unfished ideas, you think you could do the streets better... give it a go, want to expand on the sewer prefabs... go for it, you've got a maps worth of experimenting to look at and learn from

We currently have a server with the Slaanhattan map. We are having trouble finding wasteland biomes. Is there an image of the map or can you give coordinates of some wasteland areas? Thanks! Love the map!