Page 120 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1851

Thread: A Clockwork Project

Refugee
    I've made some changes to your mod just for my personal usage to test game pacing on 120 min cycle. Changes include slower exp gain for construction tools and mining. I also moved some bow, pistol, rifle crafting unlocks to later levels. And moved concrete working, iron working, steel smithing to later levels too. I also lowered Quality Joe's effect. And halved EXP gain from zombie kills.
    Now, I noticed something strange, don't know, if it's the vanilla game function, your mod's or my changes' effect. Hope, I'm not out of the line, asking here
    I maxed mining tools to 100 (it had happened before I made above-mentioned changes in files), now, it seems, I'm getting player lvl experience when I destroy rock blocks while mining underground O_o . I.e. each terrain block gives me quite a nice bunch of EXP. I've made a level, working with an iron pickaxe for 3-5 minutes. There were no skill lvl ups during that time, because Mining tools are maxed out, but I gained a charachter level. Is anything like that supposed to happen?

Colony Founder Clockwork Orange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellbell View Post
    I've made some changes to your mod just for my personal usage to test game pacing on 120 min cycle. Changes include slower exp gain for construction tools and mining. I also moved some bow, pistol, rifle crafting unlocks to later levels. And moved concrete working, iron working, steel smithing to later levels too. I also lowered Quality Joe's effect. And halved EXP gain from zombie kills.
    Now, I noticed something strange, don't know, if it's the vanilla game function, your mod's or my changes' effect. Hope, I'm not out of the line, asking here
    I maxed mining tools to 100 (it had happened before I made above-mentioned changes in files), now, it seems, I'm getting player lvl experience when I destroy rock blocks while mining underground O_o . I.e. each terrain block gives me quite a nice bunch of EXP. I've made a level, working with an iron pickaxe for 3-5 minutes. There were no skill lvl ups during that time, because Mining tools are maxed out, but I gained a charachter level. Is anything like that supposed to happen?
    Yeah the experience you gain goes towards player level after you reach max skill level, I tried to remove that but its hard coded, I personally only wanted zombie kills and skill exp to go towards player level but I cant get it to work that way.

The balance issues you are having due to playing on 120 min days is one of the reasons to play on 60 min days. You would have to double all experience required for each skill and adjust experience per player level accordingly. Then you have to change skill book experience so that two skill books levels a skill. You should probably double the grow time of all crops and trees. I would basically need to release a whole separate mod that is balanced for 120 min days, but as long as you enjoying yourself that is what matters.

Refugee
    What will happen when I reach player lvl 200? Will I still be able to earn exp in skills which are still under their 100?

Well, the reason of my experiments with modding is I like how the game with your mod feels in the first part of the game - trying to survive, using the environments, etc. The vanilla game I played half a year ago gave almost everything from the start, it was no challenge once you'd set up a base and defences. Your mod remedies that a lot, but I still want some things to last longer and some - to need to work harder to get Like Quality Joe perks - once I've maxed them out, I've been swimming in all kinds of good loot from zombie hordes and looting runs, it surpasses my own crafting products, leading to me not wanting to develop my skills and to the loot loosing its value and satisfaction of me finding it.

Still, with your mod I get the best play - I'll never forget the current run's first couple of nights experience when I had to spend two nights in the open, surrounded by three rows of spikes and wandering zombies. I didn't manage to find a town, but I had a great luck with two deer, who stuck in a small lake near which I respawned, and I had 3 tin cans that I found in a trash, I think. Made myself a great feast that night, and even killed one Putrid girl that crawled through the spikes

Yes you should still be able to level your skills after reaching max player level.

If you spend skill points into crafting skills you can craft better quality than you can loot, and if you grind naturally loot is more likely to be better quality than you can craft which makes loot more relevant and wanting to go find better loot since you cant yet get better quality than you can from crafting.

You mentioned changing experience values for skills which leads me to believe you did not make all the proper changes so you are leveling your player level far faster than you should be as well which will allow you to purchase quality joe much faster too.

If you are following my series then you will see that after about 100 hours real time you should reach max player level I am currently on day 84 at player level 192 and it has been roughly 90 real life hours to get that far. Playing on 120 min days will half the number of in game days to reach max level.

Yeah the beginning is pretty hard, those spikes can be a life saver and the nights can be very scary when you have no real protection.

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your story.

Update (12/17/17)

+Recipes

-Added missing wood gable
    -Added missing flagstone gable
    -Added missing brick gable

Update (12/19/17)

+ACPIcons/ItemIcons
    -Added wood block relay

+Blocks

-Added wood block relay (Hides wires)

+Recipes
    -Added wood block relay

+Items

-Fixed silenced pistol barrel desc

+Localization
    -Added wood block relay
    -Fixed silenced pistol barrel desc

Update (12/19/17)

+Recipes
    -Added all missing lights

+Blocks
    -Changed all POI lights to be able to be switched on and off

+Localization

-Removed all (POI) labels from all crafted lights
    Last edited by Clockwork Orange; 12-20-2017 at 05:42 AM.

Update (12/19/17)

I added 12 new ceiling lights so I can add the ability to center a ceiling light on 2 blocks using a model offset, one is offset in the north direction and the other is offset in the east direction since rotating the block does not rotate the offset I had to create one for each direction.

This allows for centering a ceiling light in a room with an even number of blocks or over a table that is 2 blocks wide.

For now I only added the ceiling lights if I happen to come across an instance where a wall light is absolutely needed for this purpose I will add them at that time. If anyone feels they really want a wall light version of this please feel free to let me know and leave some detail as to what situation it applies. Thank you!

+Blocks
    -Added 12 new ceiling lights

+Localization
    -Added new centered north and centered east ceiling lights

+Recipes

-Added new centered north and centered east ceiling lights

NOTE: If you are centering a light in a room with an even number of blocks one of the widths of the room has to have an odd number in order for this to work, I will be adding Centered North East ceiling lights to allow for centering on a double even number. I will add pictures soon if you are having trouble visualizing the application.
    Last edited by Clockwork Orange; 12-20-2017 at 09:08 AM.

Update (12/20/17)

+Blocks
    -Added 6 New Centered North East lights that can be centered on a double even block room
    -Reorganized Block ID's For the new added lights
    -Removed all unused Hidden Sliding Door Blocks due to multi block dim no longer working for sliding doors

+Localization

-Added new centered north east ceiling lights

+Recipes
    -Added new centered north east ceiling lights

Pictures that describe these last two updates and their application:

Centered North East Light allows for centering a light on a double even room this example shows a 12x12 block room with a light that is centered due to offsetting the light into the corner of the block it is placed on
    Spoiler: 

Centered North this block allows for centering a light with one side of a room being even this example shows a 12x13 room where the even number of blocks is running north to south with a light centered over what could be considered a dining table
    Spoiler: 

Centered East this block allows for centering a light with one side of a room being even this example shows a 12x13 room where the even number of blocks is running East to West with a light centered over what could be considered a dining table
    Spoiler: 

Last edited by Clockwork Orange; 12-20-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Update (12/20/17)

+Blocks
    -Changed all Lights now use a lighter weight material
    -Added Ceiling Fan light (This specific light has a model offset that attaches to the ceiling fan)
    -Added Ceiling Fan (You can use a blade trap as a make shift ceiling fan already however it does not allow for stability support and it is heavy, very noisy and can easily collapse a ceiling so I have added the ceiling fan as a separate block that does 1 damage per hit and can only hit 10 times before it breaks, allows for support, is very light weight in regards to structural integrity and makes no noise when running.)

+Recipes
    -Added Ceiling Fan light
    -Added Ceiling Fan

+Localization
    -Added Ceiling Fan light
    -Added Ceiling Fan

+Materials
    -Added Mmetal_light used for lights and Ceiling Fan

Note: I will post a video showcasing the light and fan in action latter today it is 4 AM I have not slept and everyone else is sleeping.
    Last edited by Clockwork Orange; 12-20-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Update (12/20/17)

+Blocks
    -Changed Ceiling Fan can now be re-collected using a wrench

Featuring Ceiling Fan and Ceiling Fan Light along with the new North, East, and North East offset lights for centering on even numbers of blocks!

Update (12/21/17)

+Sounds
    -Changed Battery Banks no longer make noise when running
    -Changed Solar Banks no longer make noise when running

Update (12/21/17)

+Recipes
    -Added missing wood pillar 50

Update (12/21/17)

+Blocks
    -Fixed Wood Block Relay can no longer be upgraded into a reinforced wood block
    -Changed Regular Wire Relay can now be upgraded into a Wood Block Relay with wood