Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: StompyNZ's Config Editor and Mod DB

Heh it's on my local copy I'll add it when I'm on my pc next
    Can be quite slow uploading prefabs unzipped so it will be easier once I've got the zip extractor function done. That's the trade off for unlimited data and storage is slow upload speeds.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by StompyNZ View Post
    Heh it's on my local copy I'll add it when I'm on my pc next
    Can be quite slow uploading prefabs unzipped so it will be easier once I've got the zip extractor function done. That's the trade off for unlimited data and storage is slow upload speeds.
    Ha no worries i was stirring you lol.

Added True Survival (JZMod) at the request of Spider
    Added Megacity, but might have a couple of issues with the prefabs and will need to do some tidy up eventually (its 719MB in size unzipped! Even compo is only 180MB )

This gave me another idea for a feature. A prefab repository where prefab tts files are stored and if a tts is uploaded with the same checksum then instead of storing that file it will just dynamically include the repository version in the download. Will save on disk space and also allow for the creation of a rwgmixer builder tool where you can select which prefabs to include and where they can spawn and how rare etc and it will build the xml for you.
    Would also look at the ability to have voters for each prefab so they can be rated by the public and mod builders will be able to see popular prefabs and such.

Got bored but didn't feel like programming tonight so added some more mods that are updated for a13.8

Added: A Clockwork Project
    Added: Let Me Decorate
    Added: War of the Walkers
    Added: RWGFixes - a fix for vanilla rwgmixer that sidesteps the prefab_rule bug and adds a bit more variety to city prefab selection

I looked at a couple other of the bigger mods but there were quite a lot of random text errors in two of them (steelmod and dietillday7) and three others were not up to date for a13.8.

Will look at fixing the errors in the first two before uploading but will leave the others till a14 to see if they get updated.
    Last edited by StompyNZ; 02-22-2016 at 12:02 PM.

Once A14 and SDX7 come out, I can see this being handy just to get a more "holistic" view of my own Modpack and all the changes I'm making.

Refugee
    Hey Stompy,

Great job with this! I'm just starting to get into the modding of this game, and I wanted to know if you could make more advanced UI's. I looked through the XUI on your website but its not self explanatory. What I mean by advanced UIs is I want to make one for a crafting stations like the forge that make things over time.

Basically I want to know how close you can get to making Feed the Beast in 7D2D

Thanks,
    geo

great work clean code going to add it to the dev tracker links

Quote Originally Posted by geoKat View Post
    Hey Stompy,

Great job with this! I'm just starting to get into the modding of this game, and I wanted to know if you could make more advanced UI's. I looked through the XUI on your website but its not self explanatory. What I mean by advanced UIs is I want to make one for a crafting stations like the forge that make things over time.

Basically I want to know how close you can get to making Feed the Beast in 7D2D

Thanks,
    geo
    Hi GeoKat, I haven't really had a good look at creating custom crafting stations, but a few modders like Valmar, Clockwork Orange and Cyanide have posted info in that regard and probably would be the ones to ask as I would have to do some research first

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...tions&p=377611
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...tations-how-to

Had never heard of Feed the Beast so I googled it, looks interesting. You could maybe post up some ideas in a request thread in the modding section and get some ideas rolling. If it can be done in minecraft then it can probably be done in 7d2d

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deccypher View Post
    great work clean code going to add it to the dev tracker links
    Thanks Deccypher

I'll be sure to add a links section in the next update and add the tracker too

So the only valid groups are:
    Basics
    Decor/Miscellaneous
    Ammo/Weapons
    Building
    Clothing
    Food/Cooking
    Medicine
    Resources
    Tools/Traps
    Chemicals (campfire only)
    I'm going to remove the groups file, and group and quality info from the misc file in the menus as they have no use in game anymore.

misc.xml should really be renamed by TFP to animations and have the smells pulled out to its own file

Edit: Completed the removal of the groups/misc_groups/misc_qualityinfo and links to those files from the menu and node links in items/blocks etc

Added: an 'External Links' menu item under the main menu
    Added: xui detailed view windows names now link to the appropriate node in the XUi/windows file.

Top of my todo list:
    fix: add ruleset name and ratio to xui gui display
    fix: gui view error - (flamingArrow) <property name="ApplyBuff" value="1, 1" param1="burning" /> puts burning as value, same in materials (issue with multiple attributes)
    fix: details links in default mod doesn't link the mod/ver
    fix: rwgmixer view, Cell Rules - Hub Rule column, needs to show multiple hub rules (only shows first hub rule)
    implement: show extended block/item details on table view (with flag or diff color), and show extended details below main block/item in detailed view
    Last edited by StompyNZ; 02-24-2016 at 09:14 AM.

Anyone still reading this?

Anyway I've got most of the save mod code sorted, but haven't uploaded it yet.

It's a little rough but does most of what I want it to do. It even does a post save parse of the buffs file to convert the &gt; to a > (dom doc doesn't like > in an attribute values)

As a mod admin you can Save a new version, overwrite an existing version, or save to a new mod. As a non admin you can save to the mod if the mod admin has allowed that option (with your steam id prefixed to the mod version name), otherwise you have to save to a new mod (which you will then be an admin for).

There's also a tickbox for including the vanilla files not found in the mod to the new version, one for config, and one for prefabs. Not sure about this feature and may disable it as it's probably better to have it as a download option instead.

If you create a new mod from the vanilla current version and don't tick the copy config then you will get an empty data file which allows for creating a mod from scratch. (When you edit a config it creates the file automatically using md5 checksums to determine if there have been changes from the vanilla files)

When you save a new version the files created are fully formatted and comments removed etc so if nothing else you can use it to create a clean xml fileset.

I'm still deciding on how to do uploads as there are a few security issues to work around (like only allowing valid xml, tts and png files to be uploaded). It will involve uploading as a zip file and ideally the same format used by the download function should be used (i.e. /Data/Config folders etc) however I will look at having it be smart enough to find the config and prefab files and move them to the correct folders)

I've also added a download counter to the download function which will give stats for every version you have.

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of a prefabs repository, so after the GUI editor is done I will be working on that as the next major feature.

Any time a mod is uploaded that contains prefabs it will do a checksum comparison with prefabs in the repository and reference those ones instead so that I don't end up with 200gb+ mods for every one that includes the compo pack in their uploads and also removes the vanilla duplicates. (tts files only, the xml will still be unique to the mod in case settings are changed)

I'd be interested in hearing feedback on the speed of the site now that it is being visited by a reasonable number of people.

I am reading it
    I have no idea of anything you just said above but am interested in any posts that have the words config, gui and editor in them lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gamida View Post
    I am reading it
    I have no idea of anything you just said above but am interested in any posts that have the words config, gui and editor in them lol
    lol, thanks for cheering me up

I get the same thing when I run ideas past Valmar and Stallionsden

Updated the method the image files for blocks and items were being served. As a temporary measure I have disabled the tint option for images so all images used the FFFFFF tint for icons pulled from allocs web interface.

I also moved the image cache to a publicly accessible folder rather than serving all images via a php script, so now they can be cached in visitors web browsers, if an image doesn't exist in the public image folder it will call the image script instead and try to build the image, or present a no icon image (red O with a slash aka ghostbusters)

This should reduce server load in busy periods and allow faster page loads.

Next step will be to create a lookup feature in the image script that will check the mods folder for icons and use those if found, and then work on a method of creating a cache of tinted images for each mod so that each mod can have a different image with the same name and not have it overwritten by another mod, but also not have to serve it dynamically.

Got swamped with work and personal stuff this week so mod admin coding is delayed but will finish that off over the next two days and upload it to the server then start working on the editing functions that most people will be wanting

changelog: (not all uploaded yet)
    Spoiler: 

MOD ADMIN
    create modded files in directories when draft is saved to mod
    for new mods
    mod admin - option to save to existing mod
    for existing mods (if admin or non admin allowed)
    mod admin - option to overwrite existing mod version
    for existing versions (if admin_overwrite allowed)
    buffs - add a post save buffif/debuffif attribute value translation of &gt; into >
    added download counter
    update: move column selector css to a separate file
    update: remove unused css theme files
    update: create favicon
    fix: gui view error - (flamingArrow) <property name="ApplyBuff" value="1, 1" param1="burning" /> puts burning as value, same in materials (issue with multiple attributes)
    update: added item lists to progression skills (crafting and action)
    update: added xlinks to action and crafting skills from item details
    fix: details links in default mod doesn't link the mod/ver
    update: changed splash page to an html file and moved php code to separate file so that the splash page can be edited by mod admins
    fix: image cache issues. Add vanilla files to public folder and catch requests for missing files and send to .php handler
    create cache files from vanilla png's with FFFFFF tint (needs allocs mods and a local server)

high priority todo list:
    Spoiler: 

PRIORITY Red
    fix: table view action0 and action1 showing property instead of mini list
    fix: image cache issues. Add vanilla files to public folder and catch requests for missing files and send to .php handler
    create cache files from vanilla png's with custom tints (needs allocs mods and a local server)
    provide dynamic tint for modded colors using FFFFFF tint and customicontint shading applied
    use icons found in Mods folder otherwise default to noimg file, don't cache the noimg file
    fix: xlink for actionskillgroup when the skill is a playerskill instead (heavy armor etc)
    fix: add ratio to xui gui display
    fix: rwgmixer view, Cell Rules - Hub Rule column, needs to show multiple lines (only shows first line)
    fix: use Mods folder icons when vanilla icons not found for items
    Use Mods folder icons for blocks/items if available, use cache otherwise
    fix: remove .xml from gui prefab names
    implement: show extended block/item details on table view, and show extended details below main block/item in detailed view
    implement: mod upload function
    implement: filter reset button
    implement: sort and filter to uri converter, change format to use {} instead of [] for better autolink on forums
    ERROR CATCHING:
    update: better error page for mod/version not found
    fix: Add Error catching for object not found in detailed view
    fix: Add error catching for invalid xpath
    MOD ADMIN
    mod admin - set master mod (provides default/vanilla files for any not included in mod, config default mod override) - re-cache on change
    mod admin - set current version
    mod admin - Add re-cache button (automatic re-cache on new file upload, and master mod change)
    mod admin - choose published mods (own and from others)
    requires trusted admin or moderation approval from superadmin
    mod admin - edit mod information page content
    update modlist page
    update mod menu
    mod admin - admin option toggle: allow non owner to save version to mod (default on, unpublished)
    mod admin - admin option toggle: allow non owner to save to different mod (default on)
    EDITOR
    create api to catch web interface commands
    create api landing page for xpath system
    basic xmlview edit functions (delete, change value, add node, **clone, **validate rule for unique id and name[+blockitem])
    update page with reload, **version 2 update page with dom js edits
    **add xpath command history list and detail view
    connect to xpath system with ajax calls
    create jquery for calling xpath system
    create edit hooks for xml view
    create editor interface
    Last edited by StompyNZ; 03-02-2016 at 06:43 AM.

Colony Founder
    lol, thanks for cheering me up

I get the same thing when I run ideas past Valmar and Stallionsden
    Lmao gee thanks StompyNZ lol :-P. I am learning lol and your ideas are great i cant point out anything wrong if i dont see anything wrong lol. Oh except that 1 time when you said the nz cricket team were good at cricket against the aussies :-P. BTW forgot to thank you for giving us the world number 1 spot :-D haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gamida View Post
    I am reading it
    ♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤
    What he said lol :-D :-P

Tracker
    high priority todo list:
    You need to prioritise your high priority list. There are about 50 items all "code red". I suggest the following:

- almost red
    - dull red
    - red
    - very red
    - omg that's red!