Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: StompyNZ's Config Editor and Mod DB

Quote Originally Posted by togFox View Post
    You need to prioritise your high priority list. There are about 50 items all "code red". I suggest the following:

- almost red
    - dull red
    - red
    - very red
    - omg that's red!

lol

I have a list about 4 times as long of other things to work on so that is my 'omg that's red' list ;P

The main three I really want to work on but need to get the other stuff done first are the prefab repository, rwgmixer wizard, and code validators. They will all need a good amount of work to get finished though.

implement: sort and filter to uri converter, change format to use {} instead of [] for better autolink on forums

Uploaded the above change to test out linking sorted/filtered links and compatibility with the 'Automatically parse links in text' under the post options here.

It means any links I've placed or people have bookmarked with these url's will be incorrect now, but it was a pain pasting a link with [] in them because the forums code didn't handle it properly.

Also added a little css to place a little x in the filter boxes that you can click to remove that filter. (Might not work in all browsers)

Have made several other fixes/changes but will upload those once I've done some more work today (the above changes were .js and .css changes only, not .php changes)

A note on browsers: I use Chrome exclusively, and looking at the web stats most people are using chrome or firefox. I wont provide any guarantees that MS explorer will work (although with a quick look it mostly does so far, except the menu is messy) as I hate the fact MS refuse to provide properly html5 and css3 compliant browsers.

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by StompyNZ View Post
    implement: sort and filter to uri converter, change format to use {} instead of [] for better autolink on forums

Uploaded the above change to test out linking sorted/filtered links and compatibility with the 'Automatically parse links in text' under the post options here.

It means any links I've placed or people have bookmarked with these url's will be incorrect now, but it was a pain pasting a link with [] in them because the forums code didn't handle it properly.

Also added a little css to place a little x in the filter boxes that you can click to remove that filter. (Might not work in all browsers)

Have made several other fixes/changes but will upload those once I've done some more work today (the above changes were .js and .css changes only, not .php changes)

A note on browsers: I use Chrome exclusively, and looking at the web stats most people are using chrome or firefox. I wont provide any guarantees that MS explorer will work (although with a quick look it mostly does so far, except the menu is messy) as I hate the fact MS refuse to provide properly html5 and css3 compliant browsers.
    I am using chrome :-D someone told me to lol ;-)

So after doing some stuff to fix the cell rules not showing the full list of hub rules I got sidetracked from doing the mod admin stuff and instead implemented a validator for all links. Now if a link for anything points to something that doesn't exist it puts a class nre_highlight which colors the link red instead of blue. So now if you make a typo in an item name in a recipe or whatever it will be obvious from the GUI.

Leader
    So after doing some stuff to fix the cell rules not showing the full list of hub rules I got sidetracked from doing the mod admin stuff and instead implemented a validator for all links. Now if a link for anything points to something that doesn't exist it puts a class nre_highlight which colors the link red instead of blue. So now if you make a typo in an item name in a recipe or whatever it will be obvious from the GUI.
    Absolutely brilliant StompyNZ

Another improvement ticked off.

Table views for blocks, items and entities include inherited data from nodes that they extend (including multiple layers of extends). They are italic text and have a little red x to the right of the cell to flag it as inherited

I will need to do a bit of code that creates a cache of the content for the table views (which will get wiped automatically when an edit occurs) as it can slow down the loading times a fair bit (about 9 seconds for the generation of the blocks table view on my local machine, and 17 secs for valmod's blocks table view). Once that is in place the first page load will be slow for each table view (mainly blocks, items, and recipes) but after that it will be fast.

The details view for blocks and items (and entities) also display the properties from nodes they inherit from with a subsection for each node, and a strike-through of data that is overwritten by a child node.

Now for the really BIG NEWS part, I have found a nice (aka free) js/css script for xml in-place editing, xonomy.

This means I'm just a couple days work away from full on xml editing being ready to ship out

All I have left to do to finish integrating it is to write a script to take the output xml and insert it into the config files, and to write some docspecs for the different xml config files. I can make them fairly open to start with and narrow down the options over time.

More discoveries.

Codemirror is awesome.

I now have text xml editing with better than notepad++ color coding and tag validation in the form of a codemirror. This is the tool used for development of Chrome and Firefox, and in short it blows me away how good it is.

Not only that, it has a very good diff/merge function which I will incorporate once the other edit stuff is done. (demo here: http://codemirror.net/demo/merge.html)

So now there is a choice of:
    GUI View: linked text and related data sets, searchable and filterable tables

XML View: custom color coded xml with special colors for important attributes etc

xonomy nerd view (aka xmledit mode): validating and gui xml editor with context menus for doing things like adding properties/attributes to blocks and configurable datasets for values so that only valid selections can be made, nodes can be dragged around as well, and you can also set it to only allow certain tags before or after others, so for example blocks could have all properties first then all drop events.

xonomy liac vew (aka guiedit mode): alternative view mode for xonomy that removes the codey looking bits and makes it easier to read.

codemirror view (aka codeedit mode): freeform text edit mode. it auto indents and highlights unmatched tags etc
    Last edited by StompyNZ; 03-07-2016 at 06:26 AM.

Uploaded all of my changes last night.

Changelog:

Code:
      fix: table view action0 and action1 showing property instead of mini list (removed columns)
      fix: xlink for actionskillgroup when the skill is a playerskill instead (heavy armor etc) - redirect to player skill if action skill not found but player skill exists
      fix: add ratio to xui gui display
      implement: filter reset button
      fix: rwgmixer view, Cell Rules - Hub Rule column, needs to show multiple lines (only shows first line)
      update: with the cellrules-hubrule multi line support fixed, added prefab rules and prefab columns to prefab rules table, added lots column to hub layouts (to show specific prefabs)
      update: added hub layout column to hub rules section
      fix: remove .xml from gui prefab names
      update: added links for harvest events in entity_classes
      implement: added link validation so that links to NRE's show as red text instead of blue
      implement: show extended block/item details on table view, and show extended details below main block/item in detailed view
      implement: show extended entity details on table view
      fix: ERROR CATCHING - better error page for mod/version not found
      fix: ERROR CATCHING - Add Error catching for object not found in detailed view (Null reference error)
      implement: show inherited properties from blockitem's in detailed view
      implement: page generation timer (in footer)
      fix: altered xml loading script so that invalid text elements are removed from uploaded xml files before being added to the cache
      fix: changed the implementation of the NRE checking function to massively improve loading times of large tables
      implement: filter to show only NRE rows in table view, type NRE in filter column to show only lines with errors, will make a button for it eventually (suggested by Valmar)
      added xmlcode view to blockitem (save not connected)
      added xmledit view to blockitem (save not connected)
      added xmlgui view to blockitem (save not connected)
    I've also got a cool file upload thingy working, but still need to finish the naughty files filter, unzip function and allow uploaded files to be saved as a mod or moved to an existing mod

If you want to have a play with the editor views just put /view=xmledit or /view=xmlgui or /view=xmlcode at the end of a block detailed view. Note that the save button doesn't do anything yet, but will in the next day or two as that's next on my todo. It's getting close... I can see the train at the end of the tunnel ;p

Example:
    http://7days2mod.com/7d2d/13.8/_bloc...me/view=xmlgui
    http://7days2mod.com/7d2d/13.8/_bloc...e/view=xmledit
    http://7days2mod.com/7d2d/13.8/_bloc...e/view=xmlcode

StompyNZ, just heard about this, many TY's for your hard work! I'm really looking forward to the RGW/Prefab options. I don't know if it's been asked/answered, but will a picture of each prefab be in the editor, similar to how blocks are shown? It really amazes me how all the modders come together to make this great game awesome! TFP's owe you guys a load of thanks for upping the potential of this game!
    -Dagz

Quote Originally Posted by Dagzambie View Post
    StompyNZ, just heard about this, many TY's for your hard work! I'm really looking forward to the RGW/Prefab options. I don't know if it's been asked/answered, but will a picture of each prefab be in the editor, similar to how blocks are shown? It really amazes me how all the modders come together to make this great game awesome! TFP's owe you guys a load of thanks for upping the potential of this game!
    -Dagz
    Thanks Dz

The prefab images will have to be manually done, but luckily Magoli has done most of that work already, I will be working on a system for the prefabs once I am happy with the edit functions and will be incorporating both image preview files and some data from hals editor to show the prefab size and blocks/entities etc in a prefab (and via the blocks what loot you can find in them)

Thanks Dz

The prefab images will have to be manually done, but luckily Magoli has done most of that work already, I will be working on a system for the prefabs once I am happy with the edit functions and will be incorporating both image preview files and some data from hals editor to show the prefab size and blocks/entities etc in a prefab (and via the blocks what loot you can find in them)
    Cool! Thanks for the reply

Huge thanks to Hal for some added functions in his editor.

I now have the system in place to show the size (x and z) and the height in the table and detailed views (see the size and height under properties in screenshot below).

I have also started on the prefab library by adding all of the vanilla 13.8 prefabs to it, and it includes the prefab files, and screen shot, and hals info xml.

With the info xml I have also included a blocks in prefab section in the prefab view which shows the blocks, and count, and any attached loot containers (I can also do a loot list but the flat view on some prefabs was huge so will refine that before adding it)

I have added codemirror editors to all table view pages, and a ton of other additions, plus have a fairly detailed docspec for blocks done.

I will have the editor stuff uploaded this week and people can really start creating mods I just have a bit of tidy up to do on a few functions (like mod file uploads) and its ready to go

Got the code done for the file uploader today so will be doing a bit of testing and tweaking tomorrow then will upload all of the changes.

This will be a good one as its finally going to have the editors and file uploads and such all working in some form

Allowed filetypes currently are .zip .jpg .tts .xml .png .txt - let me know if you think there are others that should be included.

File Upload has drag and drop. Multi file selection. Upload progress indicator on each file. Can handle zips or unzipped files. It will tell you off if the file isn't a valid xml or doesn't have a recognized root node tag name. If its a jpg it will verify it's actually an image (for prefab screenshots, filename needs to match prefab name for it to display on the prefab details page), png's it will also check that it is 116x80 in size (will add auto resize sometime).
    Once uploaded you can move the files to a draft version in the current mod (if you have permissions) and all files get moved to where they belong based on content and/or filename and ModInfo.xml will be created if not included and icons are.

Detailed views for all sections have all of the edit modes available now but still need to code the docspecs for most of the pages. With the framework in place it will be a lot easier now to work on those. You can still use the codemirror editor to change the xml until I get the docspecs done for each page.

I re-coded the entire system for the gui display which removed about 300kbytes of code, moved all of the gui display class functions to a single class instead of a separate class for each file and did a massive tidy up.

Changelog:

Code:
      fix: corrected typo in loot containers loot list
      update:tidied up save mod page
      update: added steam login check for all edit modes
      implemented: xlib script where all button commands in edit mode are processed
      implemented: save node button for xmlcode view
        xpath index used for redirect path so the in the case of a key attribute change the new node can be found (for example a block name change)
      implemented: clone node button for xmlcode view
      implemented: add new node button for xmlcode view
      implemented: delete node button for xmlcode view
      fix: changed the logic for determining if you were logged in so that query strings for xpath didn't cause false positive and present logout button when not logged in
      update: cleaned up the menu css
      fix: removed an extra </LI> that was being added in xml view mode
      fix: removed groups, misc_groups, misc_qualityinfo from code so attempts to follow links to those pages stop generating errors
      update: menu redesign
      implement: added prefabs library page
      implement: add xpath library page
      update: improved xpath search page design
      update: added font 28dayslater to interface/css
      fix: ERROR CATCHING - Add error catching for invalid xpath
      implement: nodelist quick link to xpath search
      fix: xui/styles - find workaround for styles with no name (added index column and reference individual styles by index predicates, can use same method for recipe editor)
      XML EDITOR
        update: change all detailed views to use view class instead of individual class functions for consistency and ease of updating
          added editor functions to all detailed pages
          added new node templates to all pages that required it, template is used by both the table view and detailed views if enabled
            fix: improve the 'add new _' button on table view page to create more complete new node in context to page (templates)
        fix: changed clone node to use post method for sending xml to xlib to avoid calling a url that is too long (i.e. vehicles clone)
        implement: code tidy and consistency check: Table view - gui, xml, code editor, nodelist (for all files)
        implement: create api landing page for xpath/xaction system (xlib)
        implement: xmlview edit functions (delete, change value, add node, clone)
          validatation rules
            - blocks (unique id, unique name (including item names), property name/value or class attributes, id and name present, various code structure checks)
            - items (unique id, unique name (including block names), property name/value or class attributes, id and name present, various code structure checks)
          create editor interface
            - redirect to self on save
            - redirect to new node on add/clone node
            - redirect to table view on delete node
            - code editor for all config table views
            - code editor, xml edit, xml gui modes
              - blocks
              - items
      update: Changed download link to open a separate page with the link on it instead of instant download from the menu (so that more info about the download can be provided and options selected (include vanilla config/prefabs etc) in the future)
      update: Added screenshot functions for prefabs detailed view
      update: add size and height to prefabs table view using Hals prefab_info.xml
      update: add size and height to prefabs details view using Hals prefab_info.xml
      update: add blocks and count into to prefabs details view using Hals prefab_info.xml
      implement: mod upload functions:
        -scan zip files for valid files to extract
        -filter non valid files (non xml/image/tts/txt)
        -option for individual file upload
        -create _draft version and move all uploaded files to the draft
      implement: docspecs
        -change docspecs to php script and load in headers
          -generate dynamic menu options in docspec instead of view class
    Lots of changes uploaded to the server. Let me know if you find any bugs (or if you hate the font, or anything else )

Only the block gui editor is working atm, the rest are in place but you wont be able to do anything with them until I make the docspecs (next on todo list) You can still use XML Code mode to edit any section without the validation and restricted editing that will be present in the xml gui and xml edit modes.

File uploads should also be working, but I can see a few tweaks it needs to give a bit more feedback about what is happening. (also needs a merge with mod function)

Try not to break it, I need a couple days off ;P

Might do a video in a couple days once I finish up some more doc specs and get a bit of the mod admin stuff sorted.

Updated for a14.

Added Archetypes and quests.
    changed default version to 14.0
    uploaded new prefab library for a14.0 prefabs (and the info xml so that sizes and blocks used show up in prefabs page)
    uploaded new icons (small issue with custom icons atm)
    added a heap of docspecs