Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: StompyNZ's Config Editor and Mod DB

I took a 3 month break from modding SteelMod and debated over a lot of what's in there, so I will be definitely keeping it up to date and release a v5 version for A14 within the next 2-3 weeks

As for text errors, do you mean spelling inconsistencies, or reference errors? Cause it was running smooth as butter in 13.8.

Updated with alpha 14.1 configs.

Added an expiry to the session cookie so now you can stay logged in for 1 year even with closing the browser.

Been busy playing and working so haven't done much coding last two days

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedWolf View Post
    I took a 3 month break from modding SteelMod and debated over a lot of what's in there, so I will be definitely keeping it up to date and release a v5 version for A14 within the next 2-3 weeks

As for text errors, do you mean spelling inconsistencies, or reference errors? Cause it was running smooth as butter in 13.8.
    Sounds good

For the text errors it was mostly a carryover from vanilla files where they had random characters outside of the xml elements, but that's not a problem anymore as I have a way to remove those bits now when you upload or save edited code.

http://7days2mod.com/SteelMod/ I had actually added it a while ago but didn't get around to updating the menu or such for it
    Last edited by StompyNZ; 03-29-2016 at 06:43 AM.

Updated with 14.2 configs.

Fixed a couple of bugs in the upload system.

Quote Originally Posted by StompyNZ View Post
    For the text errors it was mostly a carryover from vanilla files where they had random characters outside of the xml elements, but that's not a problem anymore as I have a way to remove those bits now when you upload or save edited code.

http://7days2mod.com/SteelMod/ I had actually added it a while ago but didn't get around to updating the menu or such for it
    Thanks I am going to get around to adding a directory to our website, so I will be sure to put this on there in return.

As for using this tool, do I need additional software? Or do I just click the alpha version and begin editing in the browser? Not sure if this is a download or worked on from the browser.
    Last edited by TheRedWolf; 03-31-2016 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Lack Of Sleep...

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedWolf View Post
    Thanks I am going to get around to adding a directory to our website, so I will be sure to put this on there in return.

As for using this tool, do I need additional software? Or do I just click the alpha version and begin editing in the browser? Not sure if this is a download or worked on from the browser.
    It's all done in the browser.

You can upload your files or edit any of the existing ones (vanilla, modded etc) and save as a new version then download it.

There's a couple of bugs that I've discovered that I'm working on fixing (tomorrow hopefully) then I will do a tutorial vid to show how to go about using it

Also, added some new screenshots to some of the prefabs Many thanks for Magoli for the use of his screenshots from the compo pack as well.

http://7days2mod.com/_prefab/name=theater_01

Updated for alpha 14.3 configs and prefabs.

Updated for alpha 14.3 configs and prefabs.
    Ditto 14.4

Hay Stompy. Just wanted to check in and see if that program you were working on is up and working? I’m almost to the point of balancing my mod and if I can edit blocks and items in a spread sheet format that would be so much easier. Keep up the good work.

Hey Spider, Could you remind me what it was we talked about? Not sure which program you are referring to unless you mean the editor in general.

I'm about half way through the mod admin section then i will focus on getting the rest of the doc specs done so everything can be edited in the gui edit mode.

I've got a few more improvements to work on as well but otherwise its pretty close to all working.

Updated with 14.5 configs.

Uploaded the updates for the mod admin section. You can now change most of the settings and edit the splash page (the first page people see when they visit your mod)

Mod Menu -> Change Mod Settings for any mod you are an admin for.

The add admin and delete/publish buttons are not done yet but the rest is

Just got 1 more change to make to the upload system (save direct to mod rather than create draft first) then i'll do the tutorial vid.
    Last edited by StompyNZ; 04-07-2016 at 09:51 PM.

Updated with 14.6 configs

Work has swamped me for the last 3 weeks so haven't had much time to work on the site. Will aim for an update and tutorial vid by the end of the week.

I've worked out what was making the blocks and items pages take a long time to load (extended blocks etc). Will need to recode the way I am generating the page to create an array of the blocks with all of the extended info added to the data so it doesn't have to search each extended block every time it finds a missing property.
    Last edited by StompyNZ; 05-01-2016 at 09:49 PM.

Updated the following mods to the latest alpha 14.6 versions:

XML Fixes
    A Clockwork Project
    Compo Pack
    Medieval
    Megacity
    True Survival (JZMod)
    Valmod
    War Of The Walkers

Updated:
    RWGFixes - still a work in progress but have updated the mod to be 14.6 compatible. Got frustrated with the RWG custom hub bugs while trying to build a custom town.

Removed from mod menu:
    Citadel-Biohazard Unleashed - Mod author hasn't updated for alpha 14
    Let Me Decorate

Removed the extended info from the blocks and items table views which takes the page generation time for blocks from 20 seconds to 3.5 seconds for vanilla. Will work on the improvements and re-enable as an alternate view once it is working better.

Leader
    Updated the following mods to the latest alpha 14.6 versions:

XML Fixes
    A Clockwork Project
    Compo Pack
    Medieval
    Megacity
    True Survival (JZMod)
    Valmod
    War Of The Walkers

Updated:
    RWGFixes - still a work in progress but have updated the mod to be 14.6 compatible. Got frustrated with the RWG custom hub bugs while trying to build a custom town.

Removed from mod menu:
    Citadel-Biohazard Unleashed - Mod author hasn't updated for alpha 14
    Let Me Decorate

Removed the extended info from the blocks and items table views which takes the page generation time for blocks from 20 seconds to 3.5 seconds for vanilla. Will work on the improvements and re-enable as an alternate view once it is working better.
    Nice work StompyNZ very useful tool :-)

Updated the menu to condense the mod menu into the main menu as I found it a bit cluttered and confusing having them seperated.

also updated the user profile page to show 3 lists:
    • Mods you are admin/owner of - link that takes you to the mod settings page
    • Mod versions that you have saved to a mod (that allows it) as a non admin, the version is prefixed with public_{steamid}_ then the version name so that it is obvious that version is not from the mod admins.
    • Mod draft versions - you can visit these mods and then hit the save draft button to turn them into proper downloadable mod versions

This should help people locate all of the mods and versions they have created.

If I get time today to work on the upload page so that you can save direct to a mod rather than save a draft first I will then do the tutorial vid as those 2 changes are what I wanted to get done first.
    Last edited by StompyNZ; 06-04-2016 at 01:38 AM.

Leader
    Updated the menu to condense the mod menu into the main menu as I found it a bit cluttered and confusing having them seperated.

also updated the user profile page to show 3 lists:
    • Mods you are admin/owner of - link thats you to the mod settings page
    • Mod versions that you have saved to a mod (that allows it) as a non admin, the version is prefixed with public_{steamid}_ then the version name so that it is obvious that version is not from the mod admins.
    • Mod draft versions - you can visit these mods and then hit the save draft button to turn them into proper downloadable mod versions

This should help people locate all of the mods and versions they have created.

If I get time today to work on the upload page so that you can save direct to a mod rather than save a draft first I will then do the tutorial vid as those 2 changes are what I wanted to get done first.
    Coming along nicely StompyNZ.