Page 197 of 198 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198 LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 2957

Thread: True Survival

^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    @xForcerx-
    Thanks, it's good to be back. As for Skill Tree Im doing something very different from vanilla. I'm going more RPG and less Arcade RPG(see above).

Even more great news

@Marinxar-
    All Ill say for now is you won't be building to keep zombies out but something much worse ..muahahahahaha
    Oooooo STOKED.

Ok here's what I have been able to do to the Main Player Stats. Tell me what you think.Easy ones first-
    • Thirst will still be thirst no changes
    • Current Stamina will be like vanilla
    • Maximum possible Health (Wellness)will be raised by eating cooked meals with wellness while having at least a Good Diet. Lose Wellness by becoming Malnourished or Dyeing.
    • Current Health will be your current hit points and will go down when damaged, gain health by eating cooked meals while having at least a Good Diet or resting in beds or furniture.
    • Maximum possible Stamina (Wellness)(Tiredness)will be determined by Wellness same as above. It will not be the players food stat. During the day your maximum stamina will go down until you get Tired and need to rest on a bed or furniture to re raise it. Many consumable items will stave off the Tired debuff.
    • Custom Fullness Stat that will function more like pre A17 Food Stat did. Using stamina will increase the speed that Fullness decreases and eating foods will refill it

Also have an improved Nutrition system that I will give more details on later

Ok here's what I have been able to do to the Main Player Stats. Tell me what you think.Easy ones first-
    • Maximum possible Health (Wellness)will be raised by eating cooked meals with wellness while having at least a Good Diet. Lose Wellness by becoming Malnourished or Dyeing.
    • Current Health will be your current hit points and will go down when damaged, gain health by eating cooked meals while having at least a Good Diet or resting in beds or furniture.
    • Maximum possible Stamina (Wellness)(Tiredness)will be determined by Wellness same as above. It will not be the players food stat. During the day your maximum stamina will go down until you get Tired and need to rest on a bed or furniture to re raise it. Many consumable items will stave off the Tired debuff.
    • Custom Fullness Stat that will function more like pre A17 Food Stat did. Using stamina will increase the speed that Fullness decreases and eating foods will refill it

It looks great on paper!

Yes, does look good. I always felt food is not getting the attention it needed, for a proper survival game.

Refugee
    In a16.2 what was the tool to move a workstation again? Sorry, I can't remember it for the life of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezrah Karotan View Post
    In a16.2 what was the tool to move a workstation again? Sorry, I can't remember it for the life of me.
    Pretty sure it was a crowbar ?...but there were also the wrench at a time to move stuff. Had to soften them up by damaging first, and then finish off with wrench... Can't remember which one came with which build now.
    Last edited by Marinxar; 11-08-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Yup, still going to have a Crowbar that will pick up whole blocks instead of destroying them. Also the other tools I have so far are Claw Hammer, Wrench, Screwdriver, Mason Hammer, Concrete Sledge and Welding Torch. When used to break world blocks each will give you unique components of the block. And all but the screwdriver are used as unique upgrading tools to upgrade blocks of each Building Skills(Wood,Stone,Iron,Concrete,Steel).
    Last edited by Spider; 11-08-2019 at 01:11 PM.

Refugee
    Ahhh, I meant with the true survival a16.2, I think I may be using the version where nothing drops, only breaks down. [I remember the dolly, but that isn't in there, and I also remember when the wrench let you relocate crafting stations, but I don't think that works either, and the vanilla crowbar doesn't exist either, I tried the reinforced concrete bar, but no go.] I think I remember you (spider) mentioning that workstation drops were disabled for the time being to prevent a multiplayer exploit. [people breaking into a base and just stealing all the crafting stations]

does this overhaul have ajny incompatabilities with modlets? i notice alot of the other overhauls give warnings about modlets

oops double post ignore this

Just to make sure there is no confusion. This mod is not out yet for A18 and it will probably be another few weeks before its ready for open testing. True Survival was last published for A16.2 and since then there has been major code changes to the game so its not as easy as just updating the mod, it has to be completely re created from scratch. When finished this mod will be a COMPETE OVERHAUL meaning many of the main xml files will be completely deleted and re written from scratch by me. This means that very few of the current Modlets will be compatible with TS A18(If I do my job right you should not need them). After TS-18 is out it shouldn't be to hard for Modders that want to to make their modlets compatible.

Ooooh This is some wonderful news!
    Started a new A15.2 game just a few days ago with a friend and we remembered how much fun we had with True Survival in that alpha. Best experiences in 7days hands down. Really excited to try it for A18!

Survivor
    Hi Spider. How do you think TS alpha 18 will run compared to vanilla? Will your mod have same, better, or worse frame rate?

@jprasch-
    That is yet to be seen. I haven't added in all the things that might effect it yet. I do know I will be using a few dll fixes that will help with frame rate but I will also be adding a ton of stuff that could effect it. Wont really know until the testing phase.