Page 1 of 155 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 7D2D RAT - Remote Admin Tool (Server Manager)

Inventor

Cool 7D2D RAT - Remote Admin Tool (Server Manager)

7D2D RAT - Remote Admin Tool (Server Manager) A16 Supported
    RAT will always be free, but donations are very much appreciated!

7D2D RAT server manager can be used for both local and remote server administration. Meaning, you can use it whether you host your 7D2D Server from your home, or have it hosted with a hosting service. The only
    difference is there are a few features that can't work if you're remotely hosted (not many).

We also have a Discord server setup and have a RAT support channel there. Please feel free to join there for support as well.

Requirements *
    Bad Company mod by StompyNZ is now REQUIRED for RAT to work.

Server Fixes by Alloc are required for several features RAT uses (Webmap, etc)

* Neither of these mods will change the gameplay or put your server into the modded category.

Documentation
    Feature list

Local Server Configuration
    Manage all of the 7D2D server settings
    Import your existing settings from your serverconfig.xml file to save time!

Server Health
    Auto start your server on app launch
    Auto restart your server if it dies
    Auto restart server if its RAM usage exceeds your set limit (but only when there are no players on the server)
    Backup & Restore
    Backup your game at set intervals. Your players can remain online. Also automatically ZIPs your backups (if you select it).

Restore functions will handle all of the dirty work! Select a previous backup, click Restore. You're done. It'll even restart the server for you if you want.
    Server Messages
    Create as many server messages as you want and control how often they appear. You can also choose to display them randomly or in sequential order.
    Grab bag system
    Robust system to reward your players with bags of goodies! You specify what bags they can win, what the percentages are for a bag, and even what items (quantity and quality) are inside!
    Discord Support
    Perform commands from discord on your server, chat with players, etc.

IRC Support
    Basic IRC support to view/chat with your players
    VAC Ban Support
    Check and see if players have VAC bans, then act as you wish (kicks/bans) based on the results. Help keep those bad players away, before they become a problem for you!
    Host Bans
    Ban any host mask you want, including entire countries, etc.

Ping Kicker
    Kick or Ban anyone that exceeds your ping limits. You can configure how many times they must fail the check before taking action.
    Log Export
    Export your console or chat logs based on Time/Date, Player Name, or entire logs. Will also optionally chunk the logs into specific file sizes to limit each logs size.
    Custom Event System
    You can create as many events as you want, they'll trigger on such things as a player joining the server, chatting, dying, being banned, etc. Then, the script is executed, performing the commands you specify. This is a fairly powerful system and is being improved and enhanced all the time.
    Email Events
    Input a list of email addresses that will get emailed when various events happen, such as: Server Restarted, Player Reported, Backup Complete, Player Failed Host Check, Player Failed Ping Check
    White Lists
    Choose any player and set their access to whitelist against specific features, like Host Bans, Ping Checks, etc.
    View Player Inventory
    See exactly what players have in their inventory, just as though they see it in game. See items, quality and quantity, along with the actual image of the item.
    And all of the other features you would expect from a server manager
    Kick players
    Ban Players
    View all players
    Manage Admins
    Manage Server commands and their access levels
    Full console window to perform any commands you need
    Chat window, allowing you to view/chat with your players
    There's much more to see in RAT and much more to come!

FAQ:

Q: My 7D2D server crashes as soon as it starts up.
    A: If you are running A16 of 7D2D, please make sure you are using the latest RAT Experimental version as it is A16 compatible and the current stable version of RAT is not.

Q: RAT crashes as soon as it starts up
    A: If upgrading from RAT version < 1118, you'll need to perform these one time steps. After that, RAT will start normally from then on.

Q: Are there any issues with using other mods such as Starvation mod and RAT?
    A: Potentially. RAT now strips color from the player name in chat, so this should work now. I do not have verification of this yet. So if you use RAT and Starvation mod, please let me know!

Download / Installation

Download the latest version of RAT

GuppyCur has been cool enough to create a video on Installing RAT and the required mods, please check it out and thank him!

Screenshots

Last edited by Trekkan; 1 Week Ago at 11:44 PM. Reason: Updated Links / Info

I assume this is only for dedicated server (hosted on local PC) and not for a server hosted through a 3rd party such as game servers or bluefang?

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by freakii View Post
    I assume this is only for dedicated server (hosted on local PC) and not for a server hosted through a 3rd party such as game servers or bluefang?
    It's actually for any admins, due to everything currently is done through the telnet port. So you can connect to any server that allows that (which would pretty much be any server). Eventually I might make it so that it has things like keeping your server up and running, checking the process and whatnot that would require it to be run on the same server(for those functions), but currently my focus isn't in that area.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    I know we talked briefly last night on IRC, but what features do you plan to implement?

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    I know we talked briefly last night on IRC, but what features do you plan to implement?
    That mostly depends on two things.

What I personally want

What others ask of me

That being said, at the moment I plan on adding a bank system, lottery, export of data for display on external websites, auto messages, custom chat commands (these exist now, but are hard coded), player history (check your stats over time), leader boards, server process controls (keeping your server up), admin alerting (let your players report issues), etc.

Like I said above, the what and when depends on what myself and others really want and what makes sense.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    I like the idea of an irc bot sending gifts/mobs to players, I suppose a web interface would work as well.

Inventor
    I've created a new installer that will include the necessary .NET framework in case you don't already have it installed. Just unzip and run the setup!

Inventor
    Quick update on what's coming up:

DONE - Added ability to auto ban players by hostname (Those of you wanting to ban entire countries, well... go for it)

WIP - General bug fixes

Reporting of players
    - Players type: !report <playername> <reason>
    - Support instant admin notifications via email when players are reported (optional)

Admin Overview screen

Whatever else is requested.

Just a quick question. Shouldn't the server settings reflect your actual settings in the serverconfig.xml? When I'm connecting RAT to my server, the settings doesn't seem to change although my settings are different. Did I miss something?

It maybe a good idea to include some buttons for "shortcutting" some commands in the console. Not everybody is familiar with all the console commands and it would ease the usage. I'd like to see something like "shutdown", "teleport", "spawn" and "give". This would minimize the typocalypse in the console

And btw ... keep up the good work!

Nice work mate

Was personally doing something similar, but you are way ahead of me. Looking forward to see what you can come up with.

You intend to allow running commands directly to the console, just in case someone needs something too specific?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Mortelentus; 03-28-2016 at 11:42 AM.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Berytak View Post
    Just a quick question. Shouldn't the server settings reflect your actual settings in the serverconfig.xml? When I'm connecting RAT to my server, the settings doesn't seem to change although my settings are different. Did I miss something?

It maybe a good idea to include some buttons for "shortcutting" some commands in the console. Not everybody is familiar with all the console commands and it would ease the usage. I'd like to see something like "shutdown", "teleport", "spawn" and "give". This would minimize the typocalypse in the console

And btw ... keep up the good work!
    First, thanks for giving it a shot! =) The server settings currently are just default settings and are not used, which is why they are grayed out. I decided to make sure the remote aspects worked first, then go back to the actual running of the server locally. So for now, just "ignore" all of those settings.

I agree on the command shortcuts, I'll be adding those in for sure where possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortelentus View Post
    Nice work mate

Was personally doing something similar, but you are way ahead of me. Looking forward to see what you can come up with.

You intend to allow running commands directly to the console, just in case someone needs something too specific?

Thank you.
    Also, thanks for trying it out! You can currently run console commands, just go to the console window, and enter the command at the bottom. I specifically did that for the reasons you mention, plus it allows to continue to use RAT on new versions of 7D2D that might have new commands I haven't yet implemented.

I've been slowly working on a new version, but there is progress being made for sure. I hope to have a new version out next week or so as this week I'll be gone on vacation.

Thanks again to all, and if you have any more suggestions, please let me know!
    Last edited by Trekkan; 03-28-2016 at 05:23 PM.

Awsome, thx. I would offer my help, but i basically went as far as having the console, the player list and a chat. Anyways i'll certainly will be using this. I do have some specific uses with alloc and server tools, but having the console is enough for my particular needs. Keep up the good work, and if ya need anything don't hesitate.

Thx again, this is a welcomed tool imo.

Inventor
    I've updated the application to v0.1.1.

Many bug fixes

New features include:

Ban by host (feel free to ban any country, etc)

Ping Kicker, you can now kick/ban players that exceed your ping limit. Useful for annoying the hackers that seem to come out of the woodwork. If they can't say connected for more than a couple minutes at a time, it's a bit discouraging. =)

Server Health
    Restart your server if it's RAM usage exceeds its threshold (configurable by you).

Much more!

Refugee
    So I'm trying this out, and so far things are peachy. I'm concerned about one thing. Does this program constantly retransmit telnet password to the host?

How long can I leave this running? I'm assuming eventually the buffers for the console box will max out.

Personally, I'd love a auto-export logfile of console/chat to text file with incrementing filename every couple megabytes so the files are reasonable. It would be helpful to have a full log into a local file for me. It is hard to audit administrative activity without something like this.

Another question, do you support subnet mask for the host ban feature? It'd be helpful to be able to specify an entire class B (x.x.0.0/16) for instance.

Anyway thanks a bunch, such a good idea packaged neatly, more people should get on this. I'm hosting through gameservers.com and this is awesome.
    Last edited by Spudthegreat; 04-19-2016 at 12:27 AM.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudthegreat View Post
    So I'm trying this out, and so far things are peachy. I'm concerned about one thing. Does this program constantly retransmit telnet password to the host?

How long can I leave this running? I'm assuming eventually the buffers for the console box will max out.

Personally, I'd love a auto-export logfile of console/chat to text file with incrementing filename every couple megabytes so the files are reasonable. It would be helpful to have a full log into a local file for me. It is hard to audit administrative activity without something like this.

Another question, do you support subnet mask for the host ban feature? It'd be helpful to be able to specify an entire class B (x.x.0.0/16) for instance.

Anyway thanks a bunch, such a good idea packaged neatly, more people should get on this. I'm hosting through gameservers.com and this is awesome.
    hey Spudthegreat, thanks for checking it out! I've got a new release coming in a couple days that has a lot of new stuff added. So just a heads up! Most of it is in the area of local hosting, but there are still things that you'll be able to benefit from. =)

The password is only sent on connection, not at any other time. If there is a reconnect needed, then it'll reconnect, send the password just once again, etc.

I've been thinking about adding the chatlogs to the database, so that would give you a much better export option as well, date ranges, etc. So I might work on that soon too if it's something you think you would use.

Currently, I think I set a limit on the chat length that would cut off the old text at a specific length, but I'd have to look later. If I didn't do it (and it was just a thought), I'll add it in for sure.

Same goes for the exporting of the chat logs, once I actually save them (DB or otherwise), no problem at all, I like the idea.

Currently the host ban doesn't support an IP mask, therefore wouldn't support banning an entire class range, but I'll add it to the to do list.