Page 156 of 162 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2428

Thread: 7D2D RAT - Remote Admin Tool (Server Manager)

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Aribo View Post
    HI Trekkan Mate, Just a Little Support Contribute I offer for you. If you Add This little part after Monitor your server remote or Locally written at your main domain, I created then 4 searches then 128 in google = ) bet it wont be in 24hrs Google Search: Trekkans RAT.

Requirements *Monitor your server remote or Locally Bad Company mod by StompyNZ is now REQUIRED for RAT to work.

StompyNZ BC Mod will benefit from this too. You both work hard in the smoothest company of people that truly support the work here and people like myself appreciate this ♥♥♥♥loads. = ) Ari.
    Thank you very much!! I really appreciate it! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarcanuck View Post
    Wait so adding Bad Company requires changes to xml files that move the server to the modded server list.
    No, as SF mentioned below, the BCM doesn't, BC does. So I need to edit the text a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Force View Post
    Trek should change it to Bad Company Server Manager. These do not affect any xml files. They are more tools for admins to help run the server. As a player you wouldn't know they were there at all unless you were told.
    Thanks for the heads up on that!

Hey LoneStar. If I can Assist in the difference here the following should clarify "I hope" to getting a head around Modded Server List and Mods. SO Any Direct change to the games own .xml(s) or setting game preferences beyond normal Defaults are what can change you to modded.

Apart from 'The Fun Pimps, Alloc' and his ServerFixes.(Admin Map -Player Stats and Server Log) The fixes are a Standard Requirement for additional mods generally. These mods are usually 3rd party and assist the admin console, even enhance player experience with more additional chat & game functionality commands or options via a command or config.

Other Mods Like Prefabs, Exapnsions, Custom Builds, Backpack Add-ons , Hud Changes, Gameplay and UI will normally require a change to RWGMixer, Entities or change to another xml in the sub-folders of /data - Then These will Change your server to Modded.

Generally Mods have their own Configuration files that generate after 1st boot upon installation, some can be modified live (XML CONFIG) for the specific mod a Readme.txt or readme.md (For Windows: Open in notepad) will normally give sufficient info on this.

If a Mod Pack doesn't require direct adjustment to the games .xml(s) Or a large change in game defaults, then it shouldn't change you from the public server list.

New Server Owners and Other Users:

If your new to the forum and pondering over mods like this in general , Below are used on many a server, some use all of them together! Having ran both on Host and Dedi quite comfortably.

Each have a few of their own unique qualities

- TFP "Allocs Server Fixes"- Standard Requirement.
    - Dmustanger's ServerTools - Add Multitude of configurations to Game and Server Admin Functions. Simplified Text options in (Servertools.cfg)
    - Trekkans RAT (Remote Admin Tool) A Nice SM, GUI App - Latest Version Requires StompyNZ BadCompany SM Mod which has lots of commands that support both console and RAT.

The BadCompany UI On the other hand Does affect XML and will turn the server Modded

Coppis Additions. Blocks, Meshes, Export as -Import as Prefab. Copy /Area /Block Change Types

CBSM Is New Admin User Friendly. Easy Option For Learning and has many features though Support Is Limited If you have an issue.

aRI
    Last edited by Aribo; 01-08-2018 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkan View Post
    Click Tools -> Import Items

That will update your item list. So any time you add a mod with new /updated items. Do that and you'll have the new list. This way, it puts the power in your hands to update and not have to wait for me to update RAT or specifically support all mods out there, etc.
    Cool! I has no idea this feature was even there!

Hey Trek.

I'm running 13.0 trying to upgrade to .2. When I run the setup, it's not giving me the backup/upgrade option, it wants to install a new copy. I had this issue previously but after a few weeks it worked. Not sure why I'm having the issue again.

Also with 13.0 I'm trying to ban people and it says they are banned but they are still on the server...

Feature request: Under Bans, can you add the date they were banned and their steam name too?
    Last edited by Spectral Force; 01-01-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Inventor
    Hey Trek.

I'm running 13.0 trying to upgrade to .2. When I run the setup, it's not giving me the backup/upgrade option, it wants to install a new copy. I had this issue previously but after a few weeks it worked. Not sure why I'm having the issue again.

Also with 13.0 I'm trying to ban people and it says they are banned but they are still on the server...

Feature request: Under Bans, can you add the date they were banned and their steam name too?
    That is weird... if its not giving you the upgrade window and thinks things are a new install, then that means RAT is unable to locate the database file for some reason. That, or the upgrade.dat file didn't copy over in the install/upgrade.

So.. in your %appdata%/nomadsoft/7d2drat folder (or maybe just %appdata%/nomadsoft), see if there is an upgrade.dat file there. If there is, delete it. Then rerun the RAT setup again, that'll copy the new upgrade.dat file and thing should work.

As for bans, what does it say in the console when one of these bans happens?

I'll look into the added ban info, right now I'm just adding to what the game uses and not using custom methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkan View Post
    That is weird... if its not giving you the upgrade window and thinks things are a new install, then that means RAT is unable to locate the database file for some reason. That, or the upgrade.dat file didn't copy over in the install/upgrade.

So.. in your %appdata%/nomadsoft/7d2drat folder (or maybe just %appdata%/nomadsoft), see if there is an upgrade.dat file there. If there is, delete it. Then rerun the RAT setup again, that'll copy the new upgrade.dat file and thing should work.

As for bans, what does it say in the console when one of these bans happens?

I'll look into the added ban info, right now I'm just adding to what the game uses and not using custom methods.
    OK for some reason when I did the reinstall then opened RAT again it did the back up. I did delete the update.bat. Usually when I run it, the backup/update window opens first.

Inventor
    OK for some reason when I did the reinstall then opened RAT again it did the back up. I did delete the update.bat. Usually when I run it, the backup/update window opens first.
    Yeah, so the issue is that if that upgrade.dat file doesn't get overwritten during the install, things happen like you saw.

Basically, there's a version in your database, and a version in the upgrade database. I check both and see if an upgrade is necessary. Since yours didn't get overwritten, the versions "matched" and there was no need for an upgrade detected.

I've seen that happen a few times before, but rarely. Never have figured out why that file doesn't get overwritten sometimes. I think it has something to do with Windows Installer.

Am looking at the variable underneath As the way around it. because thats still old format and not changed to true/false as is the action now. To make the correct handshake with the api Security or linked still in Games Data Xml's Or deeper attributes tech too big to alter yet. = /

We will see how that one pans out = )
    Last edited by Aribo; 01-08-2018 at 08:28 AM.

Scavenger
    Hello Trekkan,

We have this reboot issue with rat since some time, do you think an update could come for this ?
    (Auto reboot of rat doesnt work since last update)

Thanks in advance.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulema View Post
    Hello Trekkan,

We have this reboot issue with rat since some time, do you think an update could come for this ?
    (Auto reboot of rat doesnt work since last update)

Thanks in advance.
    Hey there, sorry about that. There's a simple fix for that.

Create a new event of type: Server Shutdown Now

Leave the conditionals blank

In the script, put: shutdown

That should be it. I'm still working on the next version, but its going to be a major change from this version in many ways and will require a fresh install. So I'm trying to get as much done as I can before releasing it. =)

Scavenger
    Thanks Trekkan, i'll try this.
    Any idea for the date of the next release ? I think we're going to wipe soon, maybe we could synchronize our wipe with your release ^^

Scavenger
    Mmmm the new event is here, but i need a script using this event for maybe 2 reboot per day at 2AM and 2PM...
    Any chance someone here has already done this ?
    I can see all variables i need but im not very familiar with syntax of the editor.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Been a bit since I've updated, but isn't that in the health check tab, not the events?

Scavenger
    Hello Guppy

Yes its in the healthcheck tab that we can manage the reboot but it doesnt work since the last update, im just looking for a little fix and it seems it can be done with event editor.

Scavenger
    Sorry Guys, i made it wrong.
    With the Shutdown Server Now event like you said, it works.

Thanks a lot !