Page 173 of 174 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174 LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 2597

Thread: 7D2D RAT - Remote Admin Tool (Server Manager)

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshawkdm View Post
    Hello Trekkan.

I have two issues with RAT 0.2.02.9

I can't save a event for the server shutdown minutes/seconds. I make new event, write the scritp as you said some post up and click save. Event not saved.

The Event "New Player conected" don't work, I make a copy for the spanish translation but the event don't print the message on the screen.

By the way, I try to upgrade to version 30 from 29 on a different PC to test it (I don't have the DB problem with Windows update but I like to upgrade anyway) And the upgrade broke the DB. So I stay in version 29 until I copy-paste on a TXT all my custom events :P

Thanks a lot for your work! greetings from the team of spanish server "Último Edén".
    If you can't save something, that usually points to a database issue. Did you get any errors when starting up RAT?

The New Player Connected event is broken and I need to fix that, sorry about that.

I haven't had a lot of time the last couple of weeks to work on RAT with work being as busy as it is. Hopefully I'll have some more time this coming week and get a new release out with some bug fixes.

Thanks much for using RAT!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesKirk View Post
    Sorry if this question was already asked or solved.
    I'm running a private server. In order to reduce power consumption I want to shutdown the server 15min after the last player left.
    Is this possible with RAT?

Sorry but this isn't currently possible, going forward I plan to have some other features that would allow this, but I don't have a timeline on that at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkan View Post
    Sorry but this isn't currently possible, going forward I plan to have some other features that would allow this, but I don't have a timeline on that at this point.
    Thank you for your fast response! Btw: good job !

Just a heads up for everyone following this thread.. rat is broken with the new update, and Trekkan is aware of the issue. (The problems stem from the new server config changes, I think.)

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareee View Post
    Just a heads up for everyone following this thread.. rat is broken with the new update, and Trekkan is aware of the issue. (The problems stem from the new server config changes, I think.)
    The problem is that BCM isn't updated for the latest game server version and RAT requires that to work, so your server isn't going to start with the old mods installed. Then there are the serverconfig.xml changes that need to be made. But you can make those manually until I get those changes completed within RAT.

Colony Founder
    So the actual problem is, you need to delete your BCM folder, then update to the latest BCM. Make sure you delete the folder otherwise it doesn't work right. I still need to update RAT, but it works fine on 17.2.

Refugee
    Thought I had a bug, was user error. Carry on.
    Last edited by bonaire; 1 Week Ago at 07:56 AM.

Refugee
    I was attempting to add mods and failed miserably. I failed so hard that not even my database backup restore brought back our base or character progress. Everything is GONE! How can that be? I thought the database backup stored everything including character progression? Or am I wrong on that? Also, help!?

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by natenaterollerskate View Post
    I was attempting to add mods and failed miserably. I failed so hard that not even my database backup restore brought back our base or character progress. Everything is GONE! How can that be? I thought the database backup stored everything including character progression? Or am I wrong on that? Also, help!?
    It does, but you have to specify the folder to backup. Prior versions of RAT (before A17), were able to figure this folder out automatically as there was a specific pattern to the path. A17 changed that an introduced "random" folder names based on I think county or something in the game. I can't automatically figure that out.

That means, you have to point your backup folder directly do the folder you want to back up (and it'l get all sub folders as well). The RAT backup still works fine, you just have to make sure you're pointing to the folder and not thinking RAT can still figure it out.

A17.2 just introduced another server config options for a folder where you can point to in order to save all of your game files, etc. I haven't looked into it yet, but that might make it so we can go back to the old way and auto back things up correctly. Again, no idea yet, but it looks like it might do what I need to and I can update RAT to use that.

Refugee
    OH, well, on further inspection, all the backup files are 1kb. So....the restore is probably working fine. The BACKUP files, on the other hand, are completely freekin' empty. So, RAT completely failed at making backups for me. That's fun. UGH. Hopefully that gets fixed.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by natenaterollerskate View Post
    OH, well, on further inspection, all the backup files are 1kb. So....the restore is probably working fine. The BACKUP files, on the other hand, are completely freekin' empty. So, RAT completely failed at making backups for me. That's fun. UGH. Hopefully that gets fixed.
    Again, RAT isn't broken in this way. Its backing up a folder that doens't contain the data you need now. Point it to the correct folder for your game data and it'll back it up.

Refugee
    Ok, glad to know that RAT isn't broken in this way. But what do you mean by " Point it to the correct folder for your game data and it'll back it up." ? Can you be specific? Assume I'm a complete moron, 'cus apparently I am.

So its safe to use rat again? YAY!

Refugee
    Alright. I figured it out. It wasn't as easy as I wish it would have been and completely lost all my data before. BUT, I finally know how to get backups to work correctly in RAT, using its own logic.

Here's what I figured out.

Server Settings > Server Configuration > Save Game Path:
    C:\Users\[your user]\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\

Notice it doesn’t include your save game name or world name, leave it that way

If you change this here, you’re not making a new path or folder. This is simply POINTING to where your actual game files are now being saved. So, better off to go find where the default save location is and just point to it here.

Game Settings 1 > Save Game Name
    This is your save game name. Make it simple, maybe no spaces. This will actually create a subfolder under your save path.

Game Settings 1 > Game World name
    This will also create a subfolder under your save game path

Backup/Restore > Save Game Location:

This is your entire save game path including the zone, but NOT including your Save Game Name, like this:
    C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Navezgane

Why don’t I need to include the Save Game Name?
    Because it’s smart enough to figure that out. Just need to point it to the zone folder

Backup Destination Location
    This can literally be anywhere

Make sure it works!
    Notice there aren’t any file size data with the file names to the right where it list the game backups files
    If you didn’t set it up correctly above, it might actually save a file, so it LOOKS like it’s working, but the file will be empty and the .zip will only be 1kb

Test it!
    Make a backup after getting everything to work and joining your server to load everything up
    Make a backup after that and then go to the backup folder to make sure that the backup .zip file actually has data in it. Should be close to 1mb (9,385kb without mods, with only one character).
    Last edited by natenaterollerskate; 1 Week Ago at 04:52 PM.

Trying to setup for multiple servers today, I ran into a few issues with 17.2 and Rat.

Rat's auto write serverconfig is writing out the old serverconfig, so its dropping the new commands available (like the bloodmoon time delay).

Serverconfig can also now use a world name in place of RWG, and in order to play a 17.1 world on 17.2, you need to load that pregenerated map. Rat unfortunately doesn't understand what to do with the map name instead of rwg or navezgane, so it just goes into a loop launching the server, it crashing, and rat trying to relaunch it again.

Colony Founder
    Release 2031, get it here

• Changed: Using newer Discord library, still more work to do here extending Discord functionality
    • Fixed: Discord status at bottom of RAT status bar would sometimes not appear
    • Fixed: Player New Connected event was not firing
    • Changed: Webmap will now open in your default browser
    • Changed: Webmap -- If the remote host points to localhost/127.0.0.1 or Enable Local Server is checked, the webmap doesn't require any configuration other than webpermissions to be set. If you are remotely hosted, you will still need to specify the host/port on the Misc tab.
    • Fixed: Exception when checking for updates, if you were behind a firewall or otherwise the update server was unavailable (Reported by: Linearburn)
    • Removed: Server config settings: BlockDurabilityModifier, ZombiesRun
    • Added: Server config settings: UserDataFolder, XPMultiplier, BlockDamagePlayer, BlockDamageAI, BlockDamageAIBM, LandClaimCount, BloodMoonFrequency, BloodMoonRange
    • Changed: TerminalWindowEnabled default is set to true
    • Fixed: Hopeful fix for DB corruption issues, please let me know.