Page 2 of 163 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: 7D2D RAT - Remote Admin Tool (Server Manager)

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkan View Post
    hey Spudthegreat, thanks for checking it out! I've got a new release coming in a couple days that has a lot of new stuff added. So just a heads up! Most of it is in the area of local hosting, but there are still things that you'll be able to benefit from. =)

The password is only sent on connection, not at any other time. If there is a reconnect needed, then it'll reconnect, send the password just once again, etc.

I've been thinking about adding the chatlogs to the database, so that would give you a much better export option as well, date ranges, etc. So I might work on that soon too if it's something you think you would use.

Currently, I think I set a limit on the chat length that would cut off the old text at a specific length, but I'd have to look later. If I didn't do it (and it was just a thought), I'll add it in for sure.

Same goes for the exporting of the chat logs, once I actually save them (DB or otherwise), no problem at all, I like the idea.

Currently the host ban doesn't support an IP mask, therefore wouldn't support banning an entire class range, but I'll add it to the to do list.
    Awesome! I don't know what language you're using but if you'd like a hand I'd be happy to help! I have a little knowledge of C# and some others.

Also as an option a white list for the ping checker would be a good idea. I'm running into issues using it on my server at the moment due to a few regulars having higher than average pings.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudthegreat View Post
    Awesome! I don't know what language you're using but if you'd like a hand I'd be happy to help! I have a little knowledge of C# and some others.

Also as an option a white list for the ping checker would be a good idea. I'm running into issues using it on my server at the moment due to a few regulars having higher than average pings.
    Thanks for the offer, but right now I'm good to go. =) If more people start to use the app and I need a hand, I'll let ya know for sure. =)

As for the white list, funny you should mention that...

http://www.jffgaming.com/media/rat_whitelist.39/

And

http://www.jffgaming.com/media/rat_whitelist2.40/

Some screenshots of the upcoming version. There's a gallery here of the screenshots if you're interested. =)

http://www.jffgaming.com/media/albums/7d2d-rat.3/

Very good. Looking forward for the new release.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortelentus View Post
    Very good. Looking forward for the new release.
    Same! Thanks a bunch for making this!

Inventor
    New update!

The new version includes the following:

Full support for locally run servers

Health Checks to keep your server running

Backup and restore functionality, including automatically compressing your backups

Whitelists, add users to the various whitelists to keep them from getting caught by the ping checker, etc.

Many bug fixes

Click the download link the first post to get it! =)

As always, please let me know if you have any suggestions, issues, etc. I'll do what I can to help!

Inventor
    @Spudthegreat

Here's a screenshot of one of the things you asked for, it's already complete, just working on other things before a new release.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkan View Post
    @Spudthegreat

Here's a screenshot of one of the things you asked for, it's already complete, just working on other things before a new release.

Looks great! Does that mean I can leave it running and it will spit out periodic logs or is that an on-demand log export?

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudthegreat View Post
    Looks great! Does that mean I can leave it running and it will spit out periodic logs or is that an on-demand log export?
    Currently it means you need to activate it manually. You won't lose the data as it's stored in the database. But if you want to schedule them to write things out, I'll add it to the list. Not sure when that'll happen yet as the list is getting pretty long. But all good. =)

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    On my mobile but pleasantly surprised at your progress. Would you be willing to add code so we can connect to our own sql server? I assume your program would need to set up the initial db but this would be cool for future moddability. Some of your posts mention a db what are you currently using?

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    On my mobile but pleasantly surprised at your progress. Would you be willing to add code so we can connect to our own sql server? I assume your program would need to set up the initial db but this would be cool for future moddability. Some of your posts mention a db what are you currently using?
    Hey, thanks much! I still have a ways to go on the features I want to add, but things are coming along nicely. =)

Currently I'm using a SQLCE database, strictly for the reason that there is no extra install/setup for the user. However, due to the limited support for SQLCE, I've been considering moving to SQLite. If I open the DB up for editing, then that would open the door to using LocalDB as well.

While I get how to work with databases and can get around fairly well, I'm no DB guru, so... I'm not entirely sold on any one method at this point. Any DB change, would probably require a decent amount of rework at the moment. While I'm not adverse to doing that work, with the (as far as I know), small amount of users of RAT, I'm not sure the level of effort will pay off.

So, the short answer to your question is, if/when I make any DB changes, that is something I will keep in mind. If you have any specific requirements/insight that would help me make a decision on DB direction, I'm willing to listen. =)

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    My selfish answer is that you work tirelessly to use my own sql server.

...really though an access mdb file will suit you.

Inventor
    Version 0.1.3 is available! (Download link in first post!)

Fixed
    • Error when removing an entry from the whitelist
    • Console and Chat auto scroll now functions correctly
    • Player list query now correctly stops when no players are online

Changed

• Console and Chat are now saved to a local database
    • Optimized parser a bit

Added

• You can now export console and chat history to a file, supports filtering by player name, steamID and time/date.
      • Also supports ability to limit file size and create multiple files per export

• Started support for Alloc's Server Fixes
      • You can now spawn items for players

• You can now open the selected players Steam Profile page in your default browser
    • Status bar on main window, displays telnet status, game server status, in game time and last backup time
    • New RAT configuration settings window -- RAT Settings such as Email settings and other application settings
    • Quick access toolbar on the player window. Allows for easy kick/ban/steam lookups.

Inventor
    Version 0.1.3.1 just released!

Of course just after I released this version I see a new version of the Experimental build was released (I think it was minutes apart).

Anyway, this fixes an issue with the chat not displaying correctly due to changes in the new 7D2D build B26.

Thanks for this Trekkan! Looking forward to it's evolution.

Currently the only server manager that receive Chat Msg correctly in 14.6. Nice to have. The only problem I have is trying to manage two servers. Is there a way to manage two or multiple local servers from one 7D2D RAT instance?

Thanks