Page 3 of 159 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: 7D2D RAT - Remote Admin Tool (Server Manager)

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by da_ruinator View Post
    Currently the only server manager that receive Chat Msg correctly in 14.6. Nice to have. The only problem I have is trying to manage two servers. Is there a way to manage two or multiple local servers from one 7D2D RAT instance?

Thanks
    Currently, no, you can only manage one at a time. Running multiple is something I've considered, but for the time being have put it on the backlog of things to do. Since the user base isn't very large at this point, and there are still other things that need to be done that would benefit more people.

But, as it's something I'd personally like to use as well, I'll be keeping on the list of future possible features.

Inventor
    Version 0.1.4.0 Released!

Download: http://www.jffgaming.com/resources/7...ver-manager.3/

Fixed

• Player join parser now correctly parses names with spaces in them.
    • Player died message is now correctly parsed
    • Missing button on player toolbar to spawn items
    • Refresh button for host bans now works
    • Getting the in game time now stops querying the server if no players are online.

Changed

• Created a Security tab to hold both Ping Checker and Host Bans
    • Log Export button on toolbar is more noticeable

Added

• RAT is now re-sizable, this should improve readability for some people.

Survivor
    Very good job so faar, so thanks for that.

Here is what I miss in your mananger:

MOTD: Message of the day
    Server Messages
    Custom Commands Message system (Slash commands)
    Gimme system (with items and maybe also zombies)
    Sethome, Delhome and Home system
    A Button there reboots the server and send out warring ingame and even saveworld 10 secs before shutdown.
    Send out ingame message when backup is running and send ingame message when done.

Bugs i have found so faar:

When i Import Server Config, it don't set correct Difficulty level. It always set it for 2. So i had to manualy set it to what i want.
    On Players TAP. when i select a player and want to use item Spawner, it don't work. I have tryed with different players and items. Can't get it to work.

Hope you can use this information and wish list and yeah. onces again. Thanks for this tool i realy like it.

Best regards

Hjorten
    Last edited by HjortenDK; 05-03-2016 at 07:11 PM.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by HjortenDK View Post
    Very good job so faar, so thanks for that.

Here is what I miss in your mananger:

MOTD: Message of the day
    Server Messages
    Custom Commands Message system (Slash commands)
    Gimme system (with items and maybe also zombies)
    Sethome, Delhome and Home system
    A Button there reboots the server and send out warring ingame and even saveworld 10 secs before shutdown.
    Send out ingame message when backup is running and send ingame message when done.

Bugs i have found so faar:

When i Import Server Config, it don't set correct Difficulty level. It always set it for 2. So i had to manualy set it to what i want.
    On Players TAP. when i select a player and want to use item Spawner, it don't work. I have tryed with different players and items. Can't get it to work.

Hope you can use this information and wish list and yeah. onces again. Thanks for this tool i realy like it.

Best regards

Hjorten
    Thank you for your detailed wishlist and bug report! I really appreciate the feedback!

I think I can get in all of the things you are missing, although I'm not sure about the home system. Meaning, I'm not sure how to do it yet, so I'll have to figure it out. The other items shouldn't be an issue at all. But, I'll look into the home system and see what I can come up with. =)

Thanks for the bug report, I'll get those items fixed for sure!

If you have any other suggestions or issues, please let me know.

Awesomeness!

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkan View Post
    Version 0.1.4.0 Released!

Download: http://www.jffgaming.com/resources/7...ver-manager.3/

Fixed

• Player join parser now correctly parses names with spaces in them.
    • Player died message is now correctly parsed
    • Missing button on player toolbar to spawn items
    • Refresh button for host bans now works
    • Getting the in game time now stops querying the server if no players are online.

Changed

• Created a Security tab to hold both Ping Checker and Host Bans
    • Log Export button on toolbar is more noticeable

Added

• RAT is now re-sizable, this should improve readability for some people.
    Awesomeness on the update Trekkan! Keep it up. =) One thing I've noticed, doesn't seem to scroll the console feed quite right, doesn't go all the way to the bottom. This may be by design however as what it seems to do is lock the latest timestamp to the top of the console feed window, which is nice so long as the last message isn't too long for the window. My cp list is too long as nearly all commands are restricted to admin. So, in the end this may actually be better for some folks. Otherwise, lovin' it!

Capture.JPG

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Boa_2K7 View Post
    Awesomeness on the update Trekkan! Keep it up. =) One thing I've noticed, doesn't seem to scroll the console feed quite right, doesn't go all the way to the bottom. This may be by design however as what it seems to do is lock the latest timestamp to the top of the console feed window, which is nice so long as the last message isn't too long for the window. My cp list is too long as nearly all commands are restricted to admin. So, in the end this may actually be better for some folks. Otherwise, lovin' it!

Capture.JPG
    I'll see what I can do in order to improve the console display, it might be that it has to stay that way, but I think I might be able to get it to scroll to the actual bottom. We'll see. =)

Also, if you use the "permissions" tab, that should list your commands and their access levels (as well as let you edit/create new ones), that might be a better display for you.

Glad you like the update, please let me know of any issues or suggestions you might have!

Awsome mate, keep up the good work!

Survivor
    Hey again

Bug 1: TAP Server Settings / Server Configuration / Button you can press out from Server Path: dont work, you have to type in the address manualy. Tried on 2 different computers.
    7d2d-rat-bug01.jpg

Bug update: I wrote about <property name="GameDifficulty" value="0"/> that i din't change to 0 in your program. It jump back to difficulty 2. If you have like <property name="GameDifficulty" value="3"/> it works. Kinda wired

Bug 2: Game Settings 1: Display Airdrop Marker is set to false and it turns it on when i import Server Config. But only the first time, after i turn it to off (false) it stays that way.

Bug 3: !Seen command i can't get it to work. when i type it ingame northing happens.

Bug 4: !report <playername> message don't work. I have set up the email and made a test and i tested with server shutdown and it comes up again and send a mail about it. That part works great. Don't get any email about !report.

Wishlist update: A Stop server button. That's saves world and stop it. So it dont just start up again. Before you press "Start Server"

When ingame i do a shutdown in consol to reboot the server. It normaly only tog like 2-3 secs before the server was up and running again. With 7D2D Rat it takes up to 15 sec before the server is back up and i notest that your program stop answering for like 3-4 seconds. Any ideas on why it do that and why the time difference?

Question 1: Most computers today with windows runs 64bit. Is they a chance you will make a 64 bit version in the future?

Question 2: How come you change the serverconfig.xml so much? like to totalt redo of it and not just change settings?

The system i run my server on is: (if that is helpful)

Intel Core i7 (920 - First gen.)
    12GB Ram
    120GB SSD

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit - with SP1 and all updates installed.
    SteamCMD
    Alloc fixes (rev. 272 (7_9_13) (2016-04-28)
    Server Tools v3.0
    7D2D RAT v0.1.4.0
    Lots of modification in the XML files
    Even custom XUI

If they is something i can do. Like test something etc. Please let me know!

Best regards

Hjorten
    Last edited by HjortenDK; 05-04-2016 at 10:54 PM.

Inventor
    Hey again

Bug 1: TAP Server Settings / Server Configuration / Button you can press out from Server Path: dont work, you have to type in the address manualy. Tried on 2 different computers.
    Fixed, thanks!

Bug update: I wrote about <property name="GameDifficulty" value="0"/> that i din't change to 0 in your program. It jump back to difficulty 2. If you have like <property name="GameDifficulty" value="3"/> it works. Kinda wired
    Fixed also, thanks again!

Bug 2: Game Settings 1: Display Airdrop Marker is set to false and it turns it on when i import Server Config. But only the first time, after i turn it to off (false) it stays that way.
    I'm not sure this is a bug? The only time your server config is read, is when you click the import button. Otherwise, the server config is generated from the database. Meaning, the values that RAT displays. Those should be the values that are in your serverconfig.xml

Bug 3: !Seen command i can't get it to work. when i type it ingame northing happens.

Bug 4: !report <playername> message don't work. I have set up the email and made a test and i tested with server shutdown and it comes up again and send a mail about it. That part works great. Don't get any email about !report.
    I'll look into these.

Wishlist update: A Stop server button. That's saves world and stop it. So it dont just start up again. Before you press "Start Server"
    Sure, sounds good, I'll add it.

When ingame i do a shutdown in consol to reboot the server. It normaly only tog like 2-3 secs before the server was up and running again. With 7D2D Rat it takes up to 15 sec before the server is back up and i notest that your program stop answering for like 3-4 seconds. Any ideas on why it do that and why the time difference?
    I'll try to improve this soon, the reason this happens is that I have a built in delay after sending the shutdown command so that I can be sure the server is really down before I start it back up. Instead I should be checking the server process, etc. So... this can be fixed and I'll add it to the list of things to do. =)

Question 1: Most computers today with windows runs 64bit. Is they a chance you will make a 64 bit version in the future?
    I might at some point, but there is almost no benefit from an app like RAT to be 64-bit. Generally speaking, you only need to go 64-bit if you're doing something that is going to go over the 4 billion byte limit that a 32-bit app has. RAT doesn't do anything that would be anywhere near that limit.

Question 2: How come you change the serverconfig.xml so much? like to totalt redo of it and not just change settings?
    The serverconfig.xml file is written every time the server is started. This is because you should be making your changes from within RAT, and therefore any new changes you might of made, need to be updated in the file. So all settings are written out again, however any settings that are not managed by RAT, should remain intact. If this is not the case, please let me know.

The system i run my server on is: (if that is helpful)

Intel Core i7 (920 - First gen.)
    12GB Ram
    120GB SSD

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit - with SP1 and all updates installed.
    SteamCMD
    Alloc fixes (rev. 272 (7_9_13) (2016-04-28)
    Server Tools v3.0
    7D2D RAT v0.1.4.0
    Lots of modification in the XML files
    Even custom XUI

If they is something i can do. Like test something etc. Please let me know!

Best regards

Hjorten
    Thanks for the information, it'll help me determine features and whatnot as well. Thank you for the very detailed report! I appreciate it and will get a new version out hopefully this weekend (if not sooner)!

I've been using a little very simple thing that maybe you could add someday, so that I don't have to run 2 programs. I've been modding a lot, and testing dedicated server builds I use console output a lot... What I did to make it easier to monitor at runtime some stuff, was add a "filter" to the console output. That means that I will only "see" lines containing my filter on the console output window...

I know this is an extremely personal feature, but maybe it's of some use to others and you can incorporate sometime in the future.

Reconstructionist
    i get many erros i i start the manager.

Microsoftr net framework

http://pastebin.com/mEbibnit

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortelentus View Post
    I've been using a little very simple thing that maybe you could add someday, so that I don't have to run 2 programs. I've been modding a lot, and testing dedicated server builds I use console output a lot... What I did to make it easier to monitor at runtime some stuff, was add a "filter" to the console output. That means that I will only "see" lines containing my filter on the console output window...

I know this is an extremely personal feature, but maybe it's of some use to others and you can incorporate sometime in the future.
    I like it, I'll add it. =) Is there anything specific that this filter does? Other than maybe just a text match?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thomtree View Post
    i get many erros i i start the manager.

Microsoftr net framework

http://pastebin.com/mEbibnit
    It looks like you might not have the 4.6.1 .net framework installed, you can download it from Microsoft here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=49981

Please let me know if that fixes your issue. =)

I like it, I'll add it. =) Is there anything specific that this filter does? Other than maybe just a text match?
    Nope, just a simple text filter on my case. I make sure my debug output identifies itself
    Last edited by Mortelentus; 05-05-2016 at 09:17 PM.

Reconstructionist

It looks like you might not have the 4.6.1 .net framework installed, you can download it from Microsoft here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=49981

Please let me know if that fixes your issue. =)

Sure, i have it.

Windows Server 2012 R2 with that or higher framework versin is installed.

There is also an error if i change a profile etc.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by thomtree View Post
    Sure, i have it.

Windows Server 2012 R2 with that or higher framework versin is installed.

There is also an error if i change a profile etc.
    See if the database was installed in the correct place, C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\NomadSoft

The exception is occurring when it is attempting to read the database for the list of servers which is pretty much the first time the database is hit when loading RAT.