Page 51 of 159 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: 7D2D RAT - Remote Admin Tool (Server Manager)

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Db with donating players, when one joins it kicks someone who isn't.

I actually started building something like this a while back but didn't continue with it. Basically a registration system that only allowed registered players to do anything. I'll probably pick that back up eventually, help keep the cheaters from cheating.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by thomtree View Post
    Nope, RAT creates no logs folder in example: S:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server.

I try this on my local server and on my root server. No Logs folder from RAT.
    I've been testing this and can't get it to break. I even deleted the logs folder and it created a new one (the 7D2D server doe this).

Are you sure your game server was started using RAT? When you can, restart your server with RAT, within a few seconds of the server starting, you should see a /logs folder.

This is all the 7D2D server anyway, not RAT. Meaning RAT only auto fills the logging parameters, it doesn't do the actual logging to that file/folder.

If that doesn't work, try creating a /logs folder in the above path for your server and see if it'll write then.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Force View Post
    Hey Trek, can you add a custom command that can alert you to the next horde day? like !hd next horde day is day xyz.
    Done, will be in the next release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarcanuck View Post
    Hey Trekkan, I sent Santa my letter and all I want is a bottle of scotch and RAT with the following:
    - no countdown visible for restart
    - events like guppycur wants
    Both done and in the next release (event system will be evolving over time though, but its there)

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Yay. And data dump?

Inventor
    Yay. And data dump?
    I thought you were working on that? =)

Did the web portion this morning, still need to separate the players (not sure how just yet) and write to the access db the web page is reading from.

I'm stalling because I don't want to think today.

Inventor
    Did the web portion this morning, still need to separate the players (not sure how just yet) and write to the access db the web page is reading from.

I'm stalling because I don't want to think today.
    I hear ya, I think I'm getting sick, so... weeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkan View Post
    I hear ya, I think I'm getting sick, so... weeeee
    No sick days until the event system is done.

LOL Thanks Santa Trekkan, I will leave Milk and cookies or Scotch and biscotti for you.

BTW: I see some servers restore map segments like towns. how do I do that? ideally I would like to automate restoring the cities every 30 game days. I noticed that some servers tell you when you are entering a region if it is a no build zone. I assume this is a new feature of CBSM.

Survivor
    I have found I if I am around when there is about to be a horde night, if I do the following:

Kickall
    Wait 1 second
    Killall

I do this at "around" 18:00. This allows horde nights to work properly on higher pop servers (over 12).

Would you be able to add a function where the software checks for day 7, then issues these two commands at approx 18:00?

Thank you for the tool, loving it even without these sorts of extras!

Reconstructionist
    I've been testing this and can't get it to break. I even deleted the logs folder and it created a new one (the 7D2D server doe this).

Are you sure your game server was started using RAT? When you can, restart your server with RAT, within a few seconds of the server starting, you should see a /logs folder.

This is all the 7D2D server anyway, not RAT. Meaning RAT only auto fills the logging parameters, it doesn't do the actual logging to that file/folder.

If that doesn't work, try creating a /logs folder in the above path for your server and see if it'll write then.
    i created the logs folder self.. then it works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrshides View Post
    I have found I if I am around when there is about to be a horde night, if I do the following:

Kickall
    Wait 1 second
    Killall

I do this at "around" 18:00. This allows horde nights to work properly on higher pop servers (over 12).

Would you be able to add a function where the software checks for day 7, then issues these two commands at approx 18:00?

you dont need to kickall,

with killall you kill only Zombies.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarcanuck View Post
    LOL Thanks Santa Trekkan, I will leave Milk and cookies or Scotch and biscotti for you.

BTW: I see some servers restore map segments like towns. how do I do that? ideally I would like to automate restoring the cities every 30 game days. I noticed that some servers tell you when you are entering a region if it is a no build zone. I assume this is a new feature of CBSM.
    I know they are restoring the region files, I haven't gotten into that type of thing yet myself, but it would be possible. I don't have any game day events setup yet, but that's a good thing to start working on, so I'll do that. It also ties into mrshides request below. Then you can do whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by mrshides View Post

Kickall
    Wait 1 second
    Killall

Currently, the new event system doesn't have any conditional logic built it, because... its hard. But I can work on the in game time events as I mentioned above. Eventually, conditional logic might be added, I'm not sure. But either way, I'll do what I can to accomplish what you want. =)

i created the logs folder self.. then it works.
    Very weird, that's done by the 7D2D server, I wonder if it was some sort of permissions issue where it couldn't create the folder? Glad it is working though! I'll add in some code to create the folder if it doesn't exist though. Thanks for the report/reply!

Reconstructionist
    Trekkan, can you add the clan chat and private messages from servertools to the chat window in a different color please ?

The clan chat are in the console like this
    2016-12-11T21:14:30 5938.597 INF GameMessage handled by mod 'Server Tools': Chat: 'trin.de': /c glei da
    Last edited by thomtree; 12-11-2016 at 09:39 PM.

Inventor
    Trekkan, can you add the clan chat and private messages from servertools to the chat window in a different color please ?

The clan chat are in the console like this
    2016-12-11T21:14:30 5938.597 INF GameMessage handled by mod 'Server Tools': Chat: 'trin.de': /c glei da
    Sure things. With the private messages, are those different than the ones from Allocs mod?

Reconstructionist
    Sure things. With the private messages, are those different than the ones from Allocs mod?
    2016-12-11T22:57:40 3579.048 INF GameMessage handled by mod 'Server Tools': Chat: 'hexe1982': /pm gala hi