Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot play game for 2 weeks now beacuse of AntiCheat

Cannot play game for 2 weeks now beacuse of AntiCheat

Ok so I've recently ran into a problem. When ever I launch a game that requires anticheat i get an error saying "Error validating EasyAntiCheat code signing certificates".
    The two primary games I play are 7 Days to Die and H1Z1. Both of them are doing that.
    I have tried to do the following:
    - reinstalling the games
    - verifying the integrity of local files
    - reinstalling steam
    - disabling firewall and antivirus

None of that helped so far. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this has been going on for a week now.

Specs:
    - Windows 7 64bit
    - i7-4500MQ
    - 8gb ram
    - GTX 765M
    - 240 SSD

Scavenger
    Might sound stupid but, have you done your windows update.

Colony Founder
    Hey,

you may want to bump up this thread. I reported the same issue a week ago when it first occured in Alpha 14 and got this official answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by eac knubbe View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for reporting this!

This is indeed a false positive from Bitdefender anti-virus. Our company certificate should be in their white-listing program already, so we will contact them to get this issue fixed asap. For some reason Bitdefender is triggering an anti-cheat update as bad, and this is why you get the launcher error - it fails to access the file and verify its integrity because Bitdefender blocks the action.
    Needless to say that despite the fact that they are aware of this, there was nothing done about it, people affected by this issue are slowly gathering there, you may join the train of pain there, perhaps the more of us report it, the more attention it will get and be fixed sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by obitum View Post
    Might sound stupid but, have you done your windows update.
    Yes i have done that.

mr. developer I am not using Bitdefender. I also tried launching the game with my antivirus completely disabled and it still came up with the same message
    Do you think my antivirus is still interfering somehow?

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySquiD View Post
    Yes i have done that.

mr. developer I am not using Bitdefender. I also tried launching the game with my antivirus completely disabled and it still came up with the same message
    Do you think my antivirus is still interfering somehow?
    Your antivirus could be interfering and even though I reported it with that screen from Bitdefender included, I am not 100% convinced that the issue is caused by Bitdefender anymore because if you read through the posts there, there are others who confirmed that they also had the same issue and they don't have Bitdefender, so the problem is definitely not Bitdefender itself, it must be related to something Bitdefender was just warning me about and while Bitdefender reacts to this issue the way shown in my post, other antivirus solutions may react differently, there was a user who had two computers with F-SECURE installed with the same settings on both and he had the same issue with EAC but only on one of those two PCs, which is strange and may even suggest that the real issue in general isn't even connected to any antivirus solution at all.
    Last edited by mr.devolver; 04-09-2016 at 11:35 PM.

I'm the one with exact same setups on 2 computers, except for the video card, which are Geforce 660ti vs 560ti. Both have F-Secure and mine doesn't launch with EAC, while my girlfriend's does fine. That other thread has loads of info about this problem, so I would suggest reading more than just the topic. :-)

Have you tried uninstalling EAC, nuking any leftover files or registry entries you can find, and installing it again? I had that problem too, but that helped for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Toothrot View Post
    Have you tried uninstalling EAC, nuking any leftover files or registry entries you can find, and installing it again? I had that problem too, but that helped for me.
    Yes. I have been trying to figure it out with the EAC staff. We got nowhere back then though, which was about a week ago. They are professional though, so they will figure it out.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Rather than turn off the AV, just fully exclude the Steam folder from all AV scans, and with some AV solutions, you'll need to add the .exe files for the game to the exclusion list as well.

It's definitively something your system is doing that is preventing EAC from functioning properly, the issue is just figuring out what that is.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Rather than turn off the AV, just fully exclude the Steam folder from all AV scans, and with some AV solutions, you'll need to add the .exe files for the game to the exclusion list as well.

It's definitively something your system is doing that is preventing EAC from functioning properly, the issue is just figuring out what that is.
    I'm sorry, but I simply refuse to believe that there isn't a better way than this simply because as far as EAC goes everything worked fine in Alpha 13.8 and this problem came along with Alpha 14, if this was happening on just one PC, I would be probably inclined to believe that the issue is related to the specific settings and configuration of that one pc only, but it started happening at the same time for several different users with different settings and configurations so the problem must be related to the only thing these users have in common - game itself.
    Last edited by mr.devolver; 04-10-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Sorry, but this was the first thing the professionals from EAC advised me to do, although it was also the first thing I did, way before I even came to the forums about the problem.

I have already done that, the entire Steam folder is listed as an exception. I actually only recently switched to AVG ( like 3 days ago). Before I was using Avast and one day the EAC just stopped working after an update. So I switched to AVG hoping that it will solve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Toothrot View Post
    Is there a way of doing that with out killing and reinstalling steam too?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.devolver View Post
    I'm sorry, but I simply refuse to believe that there isn't a better way than this simply because as far as EAC goes everything worked fine in Alpha 13.8 and this problem came along with Alpha 14, if this was happening on just one PC, I would be probably inclined to believe that the issue is related to the specific settings and configuration of that one pc only, but it started happening at the same time for several different users with different settings and configurations so the problem must be related to the only thing these users have in common - game itself.
    Agreed. This is getting ridiculous.

For those of you with this problem - give this MS hotfix a try - reboot your computer afterwards:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2922790

Is this applicable to Windows 7?

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySquiD View Post
    Is this applicable to Windows 7?
    It should\used to be. You should have a blue "Hotfix Download Available" button if it's applicable to your system. That button doesn't appear if your OS isn't compatible.